collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 78662 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1245 on: November 23, 2023, 05:19:34 PM »
HOM glad outdoors makes you feel better. Maybe take a few relaxing walks???

Well, on Thursday evening I moved the snow with a snow scoop in our yard. It was a tough job, but I managed it amazingly well. ^^; This time I didn't get a horrible coughing fit, but I did earlier in the day after picking up the mail (it's a short walk to my mailbox). :blink:
 After moving the snow, all I got was a terrible sweat and tiredness. ^^;
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 05:21:14 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1246 on: November 24, 2023, 06:01:18 AM »
HoM, don't overdo it! Be careful of your side :hug:

I promised my mom I'd go to the ER today, but I'm thinking of going tomorrow instead after I see my therapist. I really need/want to talk to her. I can always do it on my phone, but I did just get a new camera and all. Plus, there are still a few things I need to do around here. I'm just so worried they'll admit me to the hospital. If it was just an ER trip, I would have gone already. Ugh, I hate this :(

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1247 on: November 24, 2023, 08:36:32 AM »
HOM deffo save physical jobs for when you're well again!!!
Artie I wish it were that easy for me to tidy stuff!!!
Beldarna it's good you have an energy-boosting med for daytime xxx
BC here's hoping everything works out xxx

Scarlet O'Hara has arrived, & though it's harder to deal with her on the downstairs facility, it's still doable, as long as I don't leak too much.
The floor is delated a day but it will be all go tomorrow. Meanwhile the work has been checked & some spots need a second coat or a patchup, but they've been marked.
As predicted, the so-called "scarf yarn" only made a half-length scarf. Would be better as a hand-muff or maybe a hat, which means redoing everything.... But not now. Now I'm back on a blanket, which despite being slow, is still go, so yaiy there at least.

People do wear scarfs that are half one colour and half another colour... but I feel your pain! So excited for you that they are improving your living space!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 24, 2023, 03:35:42 PM »
HoM, don't overdo it! Be careful of your side :hug:

I now have to try to take the next few days a little more calmly because I noticed on Friday that I have pain somewhere deeper under my breasts. :wonder: I think the muscles are sore again from coughing.

--
On Friday evening, I went to feed my brother's cats, because he is now on a weekend trip. It's nice to be able to play, keep company and feed four wonderful cats after a long time. :heart:
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1249 on: November 25, 2023, 05:58:18 AM »
The joy of waking up in the morning and notice I have company of all three cats in bed :heart: It made for a good start of the day. Ninja ate his entire breakfast and half his lunch :yippee:. I managed to get him all the pills with no issue. He slept beside me on the couch a couple of hours before moving to sleep with Simba.

I took a long walk today to clear my head. I think I was out for close to 90 minutes. It felt good with the fresh cold air. I also ate a decent meal for the first time in forever. Previous days there have been store bought paninis, french hotdogs from the gas station and yesterday the not so healhty bowl of caramel ice cream and potato chips :lookround:. Today I boiled some potatoes and had some beef patties and black currant jam. And I took care of all the clean underwear that's been in the dryer for a week and watered my plants.

When the cats are good I'm good. Very tired though and despite sleeping six hours tonight and two more in the morning it feels like I could nap for another hour or two now.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1250 on: November 25, 2023, 06:04:55 AM »
That's such good news! I'm happy for you :)

Today I see my therapist and then I'm going to the ER. I have some packages arriving today that I'd rather be home for but my mom is stressing out about me so I promised I would go. I really hope they don't admit me. Give me some stronger antibiotics, pump me full of steroids and send me home, please.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1251 on: November 25, 2023, 11:43:49 AM »
i'm glad the cats are doing better, Beldarna :)

BC, I'm glad you're going to the ER. i hope they give you some medicine that fixes your leg up once and for all :hug: :hug:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 25, 2023, 10:39:57 PM »
BC yaiy for your health day!!!
Beldarna awwww!!! Moggie snuggles!!! I think the moggies are thanking you for helping them feel better xxx
HOM deffo relax, & more aww for more moggie time xxx
Artie cheers!!!

The floor is in & exactly what I wanted: a sandy sea floor!!! The issue is now the plumber. Friday, nope but they may come Saturday. Saturday, plumber wants day off & I just crash out anyway.
Missed the noisy coffee thing & a pal at it texted me concerned xxx
I'm starting to have money issues. So I didn't get much, just a nightshirt on sale & the Halloween Boy from Clipper (nothing else). I might get a tiny thing or two from eBay but otherwise will get nothing except food, electricity & paint (for the paint I'll take a trip but the bus is free & it helps make the food cheap too).
Meanwhile I'm back on the knitting, with some soft yarn I got. Just more Pony stuff. In between times I hack at the big blanket. I'm starting wearing a onesie on top of my normal wear
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1253 on: November 25, 2023, 11:47:24 PM »
BC Good on you! Did you get to the ER? If so I hope they got you the help you needed :hug:.

PBW I hope so. It's a nice thought. They did not wake me up for breakfast, I was the one waking them when I turned on the light, lol. That was a first.

Today is not gonna be so cat related. I have a position within the social services as a contact person, where I have an annointed person who need extra help getting out of her home and do stuff. These people can be physical or mentally disabled or on extended sickleave and in need of someone to talk to and spend time with. Like a paid friend, almost. My girl is riddled with anxiety and has been in and out of the psychiatric ward for years. Anywho, we haven't met in a long while because of my cold and she being admitted but today we're gonna meet up and fika.. the best thing is, she wants to meet at a mall! That is huge! She have troubles with crowded places so for her to suggest that shows a lot of improvment. I'm so proud of her! :heart:

Afterwards I'm gonna go to grandpa and help him decorate for christmas. Mom and my younger brother will be there as well. I guess there will be a lot of fika there as well :lookround:.

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 27, 2023, 06:27:07 AM »
back to work today. it's probably going to be a busy day with everyone catching up from being out for thanksgiving. at least christmas break will be here soon.

i also need to put up more of the Christmas decorations too.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1255 on: November 27, 2023, 07:01:54 AM »
I did get to the ER, details are in my WYP thread.

Today I'm starting my new regime of sitting at my desk for 20 minutes at a time and walking in between. So far it's working well. I got a cramp in my leg a few minutes ago though but it's just from not using them really.

I don't think I'm going to get my bike together today. Both my hands are bothering me.

I would really like to shave my head and take a shower today, but it's cold again. We had two warmer VERY humid days and another cold front came through. This one is supposed to stick around longer.

Today mostly I think I'm going to work on my card swap cards. I decided to buy graphics etc. and make them myself. I need to figure out how to make them so they fit inside the envelopes I bought. Should I put in the dimensions of the envelopes and shave a couple pixels off the sides and top? Well, I'll experiment with it. I also bought sticker paper for stickers :) That will be fun.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 27, 2023, 09:51:32 AM »
BC I saw your WYP entry, good on you getting sorted xxx
Beth hope work goes well xxx
Beldarna I'm proud of your girl too!!! And cheers for doing what you do. I have a support worker myself & know personally how great it is to have somebody there when I need them xxx I'm glad your girl does too xxx

Anyway, the plumber came today, put the sink base in & fitted the WC, so I have a 99% usable bathroom again!!! Just the heater to go & one more quick paint job!!! I shifted all the essential stuff upstairs & I can have another bath soon (will need one in a couple of days), & more importantly I can go to the WC & brush my teeth in there!!!
Because of the shifting I was a little late for the film day, but got to see it, & it was fun with a ton of music!!!
Meanwhile I've been working on small crochet & knitting projects, wearing a onesie on top of stuff, & sleeping burrowed under the duvet. Oh & since the plumbing is all done I can use my nap bed again!!! WOOP!!!
I hope the sparky comes tomorrow to fit my heater in...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Shystar06

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 27, 2023, 10:58:09 PM »
Finished the last class for my 2nd Associates degree last week. Just have to wait for the grades to be official!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 28, 2023, 11:43:13 AM »
Shystar yaiy!!! Congrats!!!

No progress on bathroom at ALL today, even mine.
I went to town today with three objectives: load up on cheap food (achieved!!!), get cheap treats from charity shops (achieved!!!), & find bathroom paint in the colour I want (not achieved...). I had to watch my budget but I managed & my budget being tighter is a good part of why I went out to get cheap food. Got £37 worth of food & don't have to buy most food for a while now which is awesome!!! I got some affordable sharky & sealy frens as well as a robin fren, so that was brilliant too. I took Bakana of course, & ate a panini with a hot choc at a café. However, every shop with paint had just the standard wall paint, not a drop of bathroom paint anywhere!!! And for the bathroom it HAS to be bathroom paint, so it can hack getting damp.
Came home to a text asking if I was in for somebody to look at my skylight again, but I've left my door unlocked almost every day for workies, today included. They just had to try the door!!! Meanwhile no sparky to fit my heater.
Oh well, eBay for bathroom paint it is, & waiting a couple of weeks too...

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 28, 2023, 07:16:54 PM »
it's been a stressful day. just work stuff.

also why do i ready articles that i know will annoy and upset me?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal