collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 76344 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #675 on: March 10, 2023, 12:41:07 AM »
BC, at least you got enough done xxx
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Beth we get days like that we can't explain xxx

I got the Baby Boys with Peek-a-boo heads outfitted!!! All eight are now in smart capes, & Waddles has a fluffy trim & matching hat. For Drummer I went full elf. I got this tinsel yarn which looked adorable, called Christmas, & used it as a trim to the cape, which I striped with festive red & white. PKW sold a festive red elf ear hat which I bought, & he's now wearing it. I also have two earth Christmas Ponies who need jumpers, & wear striped red & white hats, so their jumpers will be the same as Drummer's cape. I've already knitted one of them; just the other to do.
On non-knitting notes, I got a package & I think it's my plain flour!!! I HOPE it's my plain flour!!! There are things I love making with it
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #676 on: March 10, 2023, 05:26:34 AM »
Well. No more hospital visits.

I am very late mailing something out, it needs an international stamp and I don't have any. I think I'm just going to order a sheet of them and mail it myself because I cannot seem to get to the PO. The one day I was going to go it was so crowded I changed my mind. But I think it's like that most of the time :huh:

Speaking of mail, I really need to get mine. I was able to pay the rent online so I don't need to go to the office at least.

Today I'd like to work on some ponies (I say that every day but never do).

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #677 on: March 11, 2023, 10:08:00 AM »
today i need to do some chores around the house. i need to vacuum and organize the pantry. i was planning to organize the pantry last weekend but i didn't. i don't even know why.

i also need to do some weeding in the front yard and get groceries.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #678 on: March 12, 2023, 05:36:05 AM »
I am making lasagna. It made the firealarm go off in the livingroom. Not the hallway which is closer to the kitchen. I have a nice cold draft now, have the french door in the livingroom opened as well as the balcony door in the kitchen. Don't get the fire alarm, it wasn't oozing that much :shrug:.

Hubby is getting a friend over later so I'm gonna take a long walk in the sun to give them some time off from me.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 12, 2023, 06:52:05 AM »
BC, take your time on everything right now xxx It's ok if you hardly get anything done xxx
Beth, may you do yourself proud!!!
Beldarna, hope the lasagna's worth it!!!

In my case I did more knitting, including the big project. I moved to a second ball & wanted to get that all in & secure. I got some other stuff too & sewed another Pony jumper (still got more to do there).
It WAS my plain flour!!! And I ate tortillas!!! And I ate pie!!! My crochet hooks also came, as did the 2mm needles. Can't knit with them; they're so tiny!!! Going to try 2.5mm & see if that works. With the crochet hooks I ID'ed one which was the right size for yarn I have out, & had a go at a couple of crochet stitches. Did just a few rows of small & medium stitches, & the tension was all over the place!!!
Started knitting today & my left thumb got sore!!! Then the pain travelled up my left arm. it was just a small cape for a Newborn but ouch!!! Think I overdid the knitting yesterday. So now I'm cooking biscuits.
The thing I hate about being my age is the unpredictability of my "monthly" cycle. It skips a month, then does a month, then three weeks later, BAM!!! Same thing & I was out of supplies. Ran out of milk too so emergency Co-op shop. They had milk!!! They had the size of products I needed!!! They had the other two bits I needed too, & I got a pasta salad too for a treat.
Now got to put in the last batch of biccies!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #680 on: March 13, 2023, 04:58:01 AM »
No, I feel bad about not getting this out. I ordered the stamps but they haven't come yet.

Today I need to continue picking up and cleaning. I keep doing the kitchen half way and then it builds up again. I also want to cook something today. I have stuff to make cheesesteak subs and BLTs. I can't decide between them.

I thought I had an appointment today but I don't, which is good because I don't feel like going anywhere.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 13, 2023, 08:43:38 AM »
i'm tired from the time change. i was up too late and had trouble waking up. maybe i'll be able to take a nap during lunch time. a lot of people are out for spring break so maybe i'll be able to get some time away from the computer.

also i didn't get any of my cleaning/organizing done over the weekend. i did make a yummy mac & cheese though. so i have lunch at least :)

also since the US banking system didn't implode over the weekend i'll order some garden stuff.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 13, 2023, 02:37:49 PM »
I have been making fake cupcakes, and cake for the spider party on the porch for Halloween this year. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 13, 2023, 07:08:42 PM »
^ They are cute!  :)

---

I was about to change spring-colored curtains (light green) in the living room, but I decided to go without curtains for a while because it makes the living room look brighter and more spacious. Even though I don't like the brightness... :biggrin: but let's go without curtains for a few days.

--

One of my cats, Hector, almost bit my spouse's hand on Monday! :stunned: The cat had decided to take over my spouse's seat on the couch, and my spouse was going to move the cat a little to the side. Hector decided to put the brakes on! My husband normally lifted the cat to the side on the couch with his hands, then it rushed back like lightning and with its ears against its head made such a threatening gesture towards my spouse that it almost bit his hand!  :blink:
Well, in the end, I moved the cat on my lap to the side and it didn't threaten me at all.  :rolleyes:

It has never behaved like this before, but I know this cat has a temper. :cool: Hector is a rescue cat and he was born outside in the wild under a cabin, so he is a bit wild. Hector is often "fighting" with my other cat Ozzy, when Ozzy has annoyed him properly at first and finally Hector loses his temper.  :stressed: :lol:
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #684 on: March 14, 2023, 05:40:10 AM »
Those cupcakes are great! What are you making them out of?

HoM - Aster bit me last night! It was a very soft bite, more like she just touched her teeth to my skin. I was petting her and falling asleep and I guess I started to pet her in a way she didn't like :lol: She came back for more pets a few minutes later.

Today I see my regular doctor. I'd forgotten to get my labs done with everything that's happened. There isn't much new to tell her and I'm the last appointment which means I won't get home until after 6. So I'm thinking of rescheduling. I still don't feel like going anywhere.

Today it's more picking up and cleaning. I was able to get all the dishes done yesterday but I still need to clean the counters and stove. I need to get my mail because I think I had three packages come yesterday and I'm having another two delivered today. Plus my exercise bike :cheer: but that should come to my door.

I've been making a lot of purchases lately, including a big vertical cage and accessories for rats! :D I've never had rats but I've worked with them and have always loved them. Unfortunately, there aren't any breeders nearby so I might need to get them from a petstore. There is a breeder in North Florida but she said she doesn't mail them. I checked the local shelter and the only have two bunnies.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 14, 2023, 06:26:24 AM »
IHG: so cute!!!
HOM your poor spouse xxx And I hope the cat's ok too xxx
Beth time-changes aren't good at all!!! Ours is towards the end of this month xxx
BC I do hope you manage to see the doc at least xxx And new packages!!! :frolic: :frolic: :frolic:

I have been so hungry!!! Like I could eat & eat & eat!!! Didn't knit much because of pain issue, so instead sewed up some jumpers awaiting that.
Today, coffee, & packages of my own, & more stocking up. Fairtrade was on again so got sugar & chocolate (I use a lot of flour, sugar, & butter up baking). Knitting a bit more to try & clear the sofa, which is currently doubling as a yarn store. If I can get most of it done, then I can put the yarn back in bags, with the ones I most want to use on top. Since there's an eBay seller who makes a load of skirts, I can make jumpers to go with them. Have to go easy on spending again, but might manage a quick thing. The 2.5mm knitting needles maybe???

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 15, 2023, 07:39:22 AM »
my mental health isn't great today. i'm feeling really stressed and anxious. i'm taking a couple of longer weekends soon so maybe that will help.

i think i need to get outside a little more. i've been spending too much time doom scrolling and its making me feel so helpless. i need to delete social media from my phone again. i need a break. i also need to start learning some new tech stuff again. the tech industry has always annoyed me but i still love building stuff. i think i need to get back to something fun.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #687 on: March 15, 2023, 08:33:11 AM »
My appetite has disappeared :huh: I had to force myself to eat something yesterday. Maybe it's part of the grieving process. Speaking of, I have a bunch of voicemails from my dad saved on my phone. I want to try and transfer them to my PC.

My exercise bike came yesterday :) I need to put it together.

I've decided to rearrange my living room. I want the rat cage by the window so I have to move my little table and take my African masks off the wall. I wish I had more storage space, almost half of the other wall is taken up by boxes and bins.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 16, 2023, 08:18:22 AM »
Beth, life can get us down so take what time you need to feel better xxx
BC, of course it's going to affect you!!! Try & eat healthy at least, grab a piece of fruit or something you can just munch on with little effort xxx And hope you do well with the bike!!!

As for me, I made tarts!!!

I wanted something sweet without going through the cinnamon roll stuff (leaving it for an hour, then back, then leaving it for an hour). Quick snacks ftw!!!
Festive jumpers all knitted, & just assembling the last ones!!! So keep an eye out for piccies!!!
I can no longer put off the dishes!!! So that's a thing I need to do. Maybe a quick vacuum too. I want to get onto knitting bigger things too, as I have two projects still not finished yet...

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #689 on: March 17, 2023, 03:27:05 AM »
I have a day off. Would like to stay in bed all day, but need to wash a lot of clothes and grocery shop.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal