collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 71784 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #225 on: September 09, 2022, 02:00:59 AM »
Goodness, who cares about vacuuming when there's pie!!! The pie sounds so good. I'm hoping we can pick some apples at my Mum and Dad's in about a week's time.

The meetings weren't so bad but got my brain going too much, and I didn't sleep. I only woke up an hour ago and I still need to go to work. I'll have to catch up tomorrow for a few hours.

My hair is like a haystack, it's 3ft long and oily so it collects all the dust in my workplace. The only way to clean it properly is to have a bath and soak it like an old wool jumper. I'm not fit to be seen... hopefully today will be better late than never.

Oh, and of course Queen Elizabeth II has died. It's a very strange feeling. She was 96 years of age and interested in the Christianity, the armed forces and blood sports whereas King Charles III is interested in climate, wildlife conservation and Wales (being Prince of Wales until now). So it's sad but in that way, I think it could work out well for everyone. I'm not sure how he will get on with the new Prime Minister though.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2022, 05:04:37 AM »
Just going to drop a note that all talk of the Queen should be put in the thread about her. Thanks.

Today I want to go to my parents house. I texted my niece about it last night but she didn't get back to me, so I don't know if she's picking me up or not. I hate when she ignores my texts. She might not like the position she's been put in, but she's the only one who drives. I do feel sorry for her and appreciate everything she's been doing while my dad has been sick. She's only 22.

Anyway, if that doesn't work out, then I have my projects to work on. I made some progress with my swap custom yesterday and started a new felting project (cute little animals from a book I bought). I also need to practice my armature and change my attitude about it. I hate making it... but I need to get over that and learn how to make it *good*. I tried making some for a needle felted Raincurl, but couldn't get the proportions right. I'll try again today.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 09, 2022, 05:37:09 AM »
Off for some spa treatments and shopping!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 05:08:51 PM by Lady Frostbite »

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 09, 2022, 01:04:47 PM »
Got a doctor's appointment later this afternoon.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 01:10:57 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 09, 2022, 04:50:45 PM »
Finally, on Friday, I managed to mow the backyard lawn. It had grown long, but fortunately the machine managed to cut it short.  :whew:
It was probably the last time, because autumn has started and the grass stops growing.

I went to see my brother's cats, because he is now away from home for the weekend. Of course, I cleaned their toilets and fed them. Then in the morning I go to see them again. :kyo: :heart:
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2022, 02:22:26 AM »
I managed to vacuum!!! I got the living room & kitchen done yesterday & the bedroom earlier this morning!!! Aside from that I've just browsed the sites & stuff, & watched a cooking stream. This is a streamer who cooks something every week, & this time her pastry misbehaved!!! Kind of relieving to know I'm not alone in making cooking mistakes, not all of which have been correctable.

I bet those cats adore you HOM xxx
Happy birthday Lady Frostbite!!! Enjoy your spa & hope you find some nice things xxx
Wishing you the best with the doctor's LAW xxx
Artie I too have long hair, because I love it. It can be a pain to wash but it's worth it xxx
BC I feel for your family at this time, I really do xxx I hope you get to see your folks & show your niece how much you appreciate her. And just like with my baking, your needle felting will improve with time, experimentation, & experience xxx
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 02:26:56 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2022, 04:51:31 AM »
Thanks, PBW :hug:

I did go over there, but my dad is still in the hospital. It was nice to see my mom though.

Today I need to clean the bathroom. Inspections start on the 15th. I figure if I clean one section a day, everything will be done by then. I can reward myself by working on my projects.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 10, 2022, 04:41:48 PM »
I bet those cats adore you HOM xxx

:lol: Yep, they've been very happy when I've gone to see them and keep company.
On Saturday morning, none of them came to meet me right away, although usually they are always waiting behind the door. After I chatted alone for a while, three of the four cats came to greet me cheerfully, but sleepily. The fourth cat had decided to stay in the rocking chair and continued to sleep.  :biggrin:
In the evening I visited them a second time and this time they were all behind the door waiting for me. And a small pile of vomit! :rolleyes: :snicker: Someone had eaten too much of the dry cat food.
In the morning I will go to see them one more time. :)

---
I guess I can write this here?
I heard today that my mother's ex had died on September 8.  :sad:
Even though their relationship wasn't easy and rosy and I didn't like him that much either because of his alcoholism, they and we still had good times and fun. He was part of our life for 5 years. It's been more than 10 years since he and my mother broke up, but still his death affects us. We are not crying, but the feeling is strange, unreal and a little sad.  :(
We have many good memories of him to reminisce about. One of my cats loved him more than anything! It often climbed on his neck and chewed and licked his hair. That cat didn't behave like that to anyone else. :lol: One nice memory is also when he pierced my ear cartilage. I still have that piercing and always will. It's a memory of him. :heart: He also made really good food!

:zzz:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #233 on: September 10, 2022, 06:34:31 PM »
i remember when my Dad's first wife died. i never met her but it was still sad. my dad's reaction was similar. it's weird when people you have complicated feelings about pass away.

today we went for a drive. we're trying to explore more of the city. we're doing crate training with our puppy Luna. and today she wasn't happy about being in the crate because she somehow managed to pull a fabric basket into her crate and shred it. it's the toy basket and i had it on top of her crate. so sort of my fault. the basket was shredded and she tore up one of the toys. normally she does ok in the crate. she even sleeps in there at night. but this time we were gone for about 3 hours and i guess that was long enough for her to get really bored.

hopefully it will get cooler soon and i we'll be able to take her for walks. i think she needs a lot more to do. she's a smart dog and will get bored inside. i also need to exercise so maybe she'll help me get moving  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 06:37:17 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #234 on: September 11, 2022, 04:18:57 AM »
I'm sorry, HoM. I felt the same way when my sister's ex boyfriend passed away. He was with her in her teens and 20s so I knew him well since I was always with my sister when I was little. He was nice to me and taught me how to play the drums (I probably couldn't do it anymore).

Well, my plan to clean the bathroom yesterday failed. I wasn't feeling well (and my headache came back). Today I will try again.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #235 on: September 11, 2022, 04:23:57 AM »
it's weird when people you have complicated feelings about pass away.

That's just it! I can also see one or two looming on our horizon in my family and in my husband's family too.

Hmmm, well, yesterday my brother in law came up to visit him, bringing a friend. DH is 40 years of age now and he's finding it a bit hard. So I'm glad his brother came to see us. The friend was really sweet actually, it was nice to see them together. I'm already 43 so I'm over it, but I remember at the time it wasn't easy. I still think it's something we should definitely celebrate, because after all it's a celebration of the person not the number. So we went to a local curry house and then I drove everyone home. This morning I made a kind of thickened hot chocolate that we have in our house and picked a bunch of flowers. This evening I'm making home-made KFC, basically home made chips, a roast chicken, coleslaw, baked beans and gravy. I know the crispy coating is really the point, but I've never tried to make it.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 11, 2022, 04:39:19 AM »
Had a quiet day just watching films & surfing sites really. Sometimes we need an easy day.

BC you'll get it done, just a little at a time like you plan to xxx Hope your headache improves xxx
Artie I hope your partner had a good birthday xxx
Beth I'm sure you & the dog will have good times together xxx

HOM Huggles & sharky snuggles!!!  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Losing somebody is never pleasant, whether or not we like them xxx So you're bound to feel sad for a while xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #237 on: September 11, 2022, 04:59:20 AM »
Artie I hope your partner had a good birthday xxx

Cheers PBW! I think he did he's just not really showing it. What film did you watch?

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 11, 2022, 01:19:22 PM »
I went to a coffee shop today to read! My housemate works there so I get free drinks. Ice tea and a good book was a really good way to spend my afternoon! I think tomorrow I will get more information about my MA and how to sign up to my classes which I'm very excited about!

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 12, 2022, 05:38:08 AM »
Yesterday was also quiet. I heard about a show on Netflix called Arcane, & was intrigued, so I gave it a go. It's awesome!!! One of the films I watched is Kindergarten Cop 2, where instead of Arnie playing a cop it's Dolph Lundgren playing an FBI agent. It was hilarious & had a lot of the modern sensitivities of children, including allergies.
Today I'm trying to sort an electricity issue. It doesn't affect supply right now, but may do if I leave it too long.

Crumpet I'm glad you had a good coffee break xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal