collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HELP! I need answers! - G4 Rainbow Dash Hair Frizz. AFTER PICS IN FIRST MSG  (Read 324 times)

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Ok so I tried fixing a Rainbow Dash 6 inch figure that has dry ends. Somehow I am not able to fix them at all. I tried shampoo and conditioner and then WEN leave-in conditioner. I would love help from this amazing community on what to do to fix this and future advice if this happens again. Thank you!

Link to gallery:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/2V2wTLy

*Side note: The shampoo, conditioner, and leave in conditioner seemed like it fixed barely any frizz... to my eyes*

Edit: I am curling her mane and tail with paper straws and bobby pins. I leave it in for about two days for the curl effect to come out extremely well.  :satisfied:

*AFTER RESULTS FOUND HERE* Edit 2: Here is the after result! I left the paper straw cut up and bobby pins in for a few days or more and just removed them!

Link to gallery VIA Postimage:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/JMBhGpn
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 04:34:47 PM by Rainlove The Pegasus »
Rainlove
The
Pegasus
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!!! I have no idea what to do about the dry ends of pony hair
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 06:08:54 PM »
I have seen great results from flat iron with conditioner, but I haven't personally tried it so I can't tell you how to do it...someone else maybe will come along and give you the deets  :work:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 06:25:34 PM »
I have seen great results from flat iron with conditioner, but I haven't personally tried it so I can't tell you how to do it...someone else maybe will come along and give you the deets  :work:
Ok that might work!  thank you!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 07:33:24 PM by Rainlove The Pegasus »
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 05:37:04 AM »
You can also try dryer sheets. Just smooth them along the hair and it might help the frizz.

Using a flat iron on a low setting with the hair covered in thick conditioner works very well. You want the hair wet and absolutely soaked with the conditioner. Run the iron through the hair. The conditioner will sizzle and some steam will come off it but you won't be electrocuted or anything. Run the iron on the hair all at once. Don't pause. You can do the hair in sections too. Before doing it again, re wet and reapply the conditioner. But usually one pass is enough to do away with frizz.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 06:02:29 AM »
I would comb out with hot water and conditioner, then set with perm curlers. Leave to dry. Repeat. I have tried a flat iron i.e. hair straighteners but I find the above method easier.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 06:41:32 AM »
Reboot G4 hair truly sucks and can only be fixed with heat. I use a straightener turned up until gently sizzles water and run it through wet, lotioned pony hair.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline DracoKat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 09:13:16 AM »
would the conditioner/flat iron tip work on g1 ponies too? I have some with frizzy hair ends as well

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 10:35:32 AM »
Conditioner + a flat iron works on pretty much any pony! There are a few types of hair you have to be careful with though. G1's perfume puff hair and the colour-changing hair on the Sunshine ponies and TAF Sundance will melt, so don't use heat on those.

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 10:39:36 AM »
You can also try dryer sheets. Just smooth them along the hair and it might help the frizz.

Using a flat iron on a low setting with the hair covered in thick conditioner works very well. You want the hair wet and absolutely soaked with the conditioner. Run the iron through the hair. The conditioner will sizzle and some steam will come off it but you won't be electrocuted or anything. Run the iron on the hair all at once. Don't pause. You can do the hair in sections too. Before doing it again, re wet and reapply the conditioner. But usually one pass is enough to do away with frizz.
Wow! this is quite a process! Thank you! I will maybe look into this tomorrow if I have time.  :)

Post Merge: June 29, 2022, 10:40:10 AM

I would comb out with hot water and conditioner, then set with perm curlers. Leave to dry. Repeat. I have tried a flat iron i.e. hair straighteners but I find the above method easier.
I did cut some paper straws and use bobby pins to curl the hair.

Post Merge: June 29, 2022, 10:40:53 AM

Reboot G4 hair truly sucks and can only be fixed with heat. I use a straightener turned up until gently sizzles water and run it through wet, lotioned pony hair.
Oh yeah... i hate how this happened! I got rd from my pony friend in SC last year.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 11:52:32 AM »
In my experience it just requires a ton of conditioner and a ton of using a flat iron. And a ton of patience... Good luck!  :)
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline SweetNightmare

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙*uᴥu *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙*
    • View Profile
    • My Carrd.co
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2022, 04:38:30 PM »
A lot of people already commented on it, but I'll just write what I always do.

I use my flat iron, mine has heat settings and I always set mine to the lowest temperature (120°C). After I brush outy the hair to the best of my ability with conditioner I wet the hair and spray it with mix of conditioner and water (I just put a bit of conditioner to the spray bottle and add lot of water).
After that I just iron it (I usually let the iron sit on the "problem spots" for a bit longer, but make sure not too damage the hair and keep it wet) and brush it.
I repeat it till I'm satisfied with the look of the hair).

In my experience this works the best to get rid of frizz.

I'll say that by looking at the pictures (and basing it on my experience with g4 reboot toys) some of them have very poor quality hair (good quality hair may also get damaged too) and after they get really frizzy they may always stay a bit frizzy even after you treat it.
**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚visitors can't see pics , please register or login
˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

My Checklist || My Wishlist || My Carrd.co
Signature by  starscout

Offline Queen Sophie

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2022, 09:52:21 AM »
Like people are saying, use conditioner or what use is some lotion I got from the dollar store, straighten iron a good cheap one with heat settings! (I learned the hard way by using an expensive one!) Or you could always trim the drys ends off, that’s what I did after straightening my ponies hair but still wasn’t good, g4 hair is a pain

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2022, 04:25:39 PM »
In my experience it just requires a ton of conditioner and a ton of using a flat iron. And a ton of patience... Good luck!  :)
Thats what everypony has said!  :lol:

Post Merge: July 03, 2022, 04:26:08 PM

A lot of people already commented on it, but I'll just write what I always do.

I use my flat iron, mine has heat settings and I always set mine to the lowest temperature (120°C). After I brush outy the hair to the best of my ability with conditioner I wet the hair and spray it with mix of conditioner and water (I just put a bit of conditioner to the spray bottle and add lot of water).
After that I just iron it (I usually let the iron sit on the "problem spots" for a bit longer, but make sure not too damage the hair and keep it wet) and brush it.
I repeat it till I'm satisfied with the look of the hair).

In my experience this works the best to get rid of frizz.

I'll say that by looking at the pictures (and basing it on my experience with g4 reboot toys) some of them have very poor quality hair (good quality hair may also get damaged too) and after they get really frizzy they may always stay a bit frizzy even after you treat it.
Thank you for explaining! This helps!

Post Merge: July 03, 2022, 04:27:13 PM

Like people are saying, use conditioner or what use is some lotion I got from the dollar store, straighten iron a good cheap one with heat settings! (I learned the hard way by using an expensive one!) Or you could always trim the drys ends off, that’s what I did after straightening my ponies hair but still wasn’t good, g4 hair is a pain
I actually have trimmed a G3 Cheerelee... can't spell it correctly... and it looks ugly and I need to replace it.   :blush:

Post Merge: July 03, 2022, 04:31:32 PM

« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 04:32:48 PM by Rainlove The Pegasus »
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Hey, your results look great! If you repeat you should get rid of those final bits of frizz at the end too. Did you use hot water?

On trimming, I think it's almost always possible to save the hair unless it has 'cable rot' which is a different thing. If the frizz is really stubborn you could try boiling water or a flat iron. Personally I never cut a pony's hair unless I'm tidying up already cut hair (think Edward Scissor Hands). There are a couple of mohawks in my collection for this reason.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
I think she looks good in the after pics :) There's a little frizz but the curls are still very nice.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal