collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is G5 Actually Doing Something with Cutie Marks?  (Read 331 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Is G5 Actually Doing Something with Cutie Marks?
« on: April 22, 2022, 05:21:43 PM »
With the cutie marks being smaller and hard to see in the G5 movie, and no attention being paid to them in the plot or dialog, I think we all got the feeling that G5 was going to mostly ignore cutie marks altogether.

I just caught one of the new G5 YouTube shorts which showed Hitch giving a tour of Mareitime Bay. The footage zoomed in on Zipp's cutie mark while she was having fun on a rope climbing course, and her cutie mark began to glow. This is the first I've seen of G5 paying any attention at all to cutie marks, so I was intrigued.

There doesn't seem to be an obvious connection between what she was doing and why her cutie mark was glowing (maybe they glow when the pony is especially happy or doing a skill they are particularly good at?) but this might be something that gets explored in future shorts or the new upcoming series.

I'm curious, has there been any other cutie mark references in G5 media, like are they mentioned on the backs of the toy boxes or in any of the books?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Is G5 Actually Doing Something with Cutie Marks?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 06:03:34 PM »
I hope not.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 06:10:02 PM »
Not much so far. The most we have is the sparkling of cutie marks which happens every (nearly every?) episode in TYT so far.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 06:36:29 PM »
Oh so it's happened in some other shorts as well! I think we can safely say that's going to be a big future plot point then. Interesting! I can't wait to see what it will be. I wonder if they're going to go with the same explanation as G4, or think up some different 'more evolved' reasoning since G5 takes place generations in the future.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 09:42:53 AM »
I'd be with LAW on this. I'd greatly hope not, but eh. So long as that horrible term still exists, probably they'll find some way to market it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 11:19:19 AM »
I hope so personally as I love how G4 made it part of the storyline.  I'd actually like the to clear up the confusion that G4 brought on itself (though this may have been the fandoms fault) such as the idea that it means that "you're only good at one thing" which I could tell was never the case, so they didn't really need to do an episode on that (though it may have been to explain it to people who thought that.)

But yeah, I'd like them to at least have them as part of the storyline, they don't have to make a song and dance about them, unless necessary, but I'd like it to be part of it.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 01:46:11 PM »
I personally don't care either way. I'm pretty sure Sunny, Hitch, and Sprout were lacking their marks as foals in the beginning of ANG, so they're probably at the very least carrying over the whole "earning your cutie mark" thing from G4.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal