collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rate the last movie you watched?  (Read 31366 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Rate the last movie you watched?
« Reply #360 on: December 18, 2023, 08:02:33 AM »
Legion - 7/10

It's on Netflix and it's about Angels trying to end humanity. Pretty good.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #361 on: December 18, 2023, 05:08:30 PM »
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny 8/10 and that from someone who hasn't really been interested in the franchise lol.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #362 on: December 19, 2023, 05:00:48 AM »
Barbie 7/10 it was fun, it had its points.. but one segment really pissed me off!

Spoiler
That scene when she held her creators hands and was gonna get an understanding of being human and every segment was about children. Life is NOT about children for everyone ffs!  :facepalm: :rant:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #363 on: December 19, 2023, 08:30:59 AM »
Barbie 7/10 it was fun, it had its points.. but one segment really pissed me off!

Spoiler
That scene when she held her creators hands and was gonna get an understanding of being human and every segment was about children. Life is NOT about children for everyone ffs!  :facepalm: :rant:

I haven't seen it yet, but that would upset me too :mad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 19, 2023, 12:00:46 PM »
I posted my opinion about the Barbie movie, a few pages back.  :)  I'm also posting it here since it's being talked about again.

Barbie 8/10

I really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure what to expect, but most of the movie was good.  There was one scene that felt like an extended beer commercial.  I also didn't like a couple of the jokes, but I think that's just me.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 21, 2023, 11:51:45 PM »
A Christmas Carol, the animated one with Jim Carey. 6/10.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 23, 2023, 03:53:13 PM »
I watched Migration today.  I loved it.  My one complaint is I don’t understand the design of the parrot.  His beak is all goofed up, like the animators don’t know what a parrot is supposed to look like.

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • May the Force be with you. Always.
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #367 on: December 23, 2023, 10:40:22 PM »
What I've watched the past couple of days:
Barbie's Perfect Christmas-7/10-Marking this down due to 3D animation being horrific lol, and the message was eh, perfectionism and making promises you can't keep are solved magically, though I'm expecting too much from a Barbie movie lol
A Very Minty Christmas-9/10-A sweet story with cute characters; I totally sympathize with Minty being a perfectionist
Dancing in the Clouds-8/10-Very cute story and characters--I was confused with the intro of one major character and why things were done the way they were plot-wise (probably explained in another episode? Otherwise major plothole)
Jingle All the Way-7/10-It doesn't hold up too well in today's world of movies; Phil Hartman's character was major ick and the Governator did alright--his banter with Sinbad made the movie work
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales-Including Ponies!
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #368 on: December 24, 2023, 07:37:50 AM »
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: the Movie from 1998. 8/10. Was a really cute movie and I hadn't seen it before. John Goodman voiced Santa in this one and he did not make any disparaging remarks to or about Rudolph which I found to be an improvement over the Rankin Bass one. Never liked that even Santa was kind of mean to Rudolph until the ending. Whoopi Goldberg voiced the winter sorceress and villain Stormella. Thought both her and John Goodman being in this was neat.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 24, 2023, 08:44:28 AM »
Better Off Dead-Haven't seen it since high school and it's still pretty funny. 6/10

Arsenic and Old Lace-It was fairly entertaining.  6/10
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 10:59:51 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 25, 2023, 05:31:40 AM »
In the Spirit of Christmas.. :biggrin:

Jurrasic Park 10/10
Jurassic Park Lost Worlds 5/10
Jurassic Park III 6/10

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #371 on: December 25, 2023, 07:13:43 AM »
Twas the Night Before Christmas by Rankin Bass. Not sure if it's too short to count as a movie but kinda am since it's a special. Anyway 10/10. It's one of my husband's favorite Christmas specials.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #372 on: December 25, 2023, 07:30:39 AM »
Jurassic Park Lost Worlds 5/10

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Lost World.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 26, 2023, 11:56:04 AM »
Let's see, what have I been watching over the last couple of days... most of these are short films, not feature-length, but w/e counting them anyway

Mog's Christmas - Can't believe it's taken THIS long for Mog to be animated! (Unless you count the Sainsbury's ad from a few years ago - which was also amazing) Ahhh this was so sweet and lovely, I rewatched it again today and now the song from it's in my head xD I love Mog even if the last book broke my heart. I wish that beautiful traditional British animation like this wasn't just relegated to Christmas now... Anyway, I loved it ^^

Tabby McTat - BBC's Christmas special. Wasn't sure what to anticipate from this one since I've never read the original book or seen any of the other Julia Donaldson adaptations, but I like kitties and it looked cute, so I figured I might as well give it a go. OMG it was so lovely and wonderful!! Two cute kitty specials, what a nice treat :kitty:

Guys and Dolls - I've never seen this film (I've seen bits and pieces but never sat down and properly watched it) but I saw the current production of it in London earlier in the month (starring the fabulous Cedric Neal and Mark Oxtoby - OMG you guys MUST go and see this if you have the chance to - it's amazing) and it made me really want to see the film at last! Then as luck would have it, it was on the TV recently, so we taped it and watched it on Christmas Day. It's not one of my favourite musicals, and something about much of the choreography just seemed sort of... stiff? to me? but it was a good film overall and I'd watch it again ^^ aahhh but it made me really want to see the show again!
(Also I must say, the ending of the film was much better than the show. Both end pretty abruptly but the show was just.. odd, it didn't quite come together. Not sure which one's more accurate to the original stage script - probably the show since I know they changed a lot for the film - but yeah...)

Stuart Little - oh I love this film! It's so sweet and fluffy. One of the few films that's much better than the original book (although it's been a loooong time since I read the book). I just don't like the credits sequence! The film ends on such a nice, heartwarming note and then the credits just have that awful manic wacky slapstick crap and all that Snowbell abuse (because omg it's so funny seeing the kitty getting thrown out of the window, amirite guys?!? Hahaha so funny!!!111 /sarcasm)... I don't get why they ended it like that, it's so out-of-tone from the rest of the film and it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially since it comes RIGHT AFTER such a nice ending!  :stressed:

The Forgotten Toys: The Night After Christmas - One of the best short films EVER and one of my all-time favourites. I love this film (and the series that followed) so much :lovey: And ohhhh the gorgeous painted backgrounds!!!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 26, 2023, 04:11:50 PM »
A Muppet Family Christmas. 10/10!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal