collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice on Facebook auctions?  (Read 311 times)

Offline ScotchHop

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Another day, another pony.
    • View Profile
    • @Adventures_In_ponyland
Advice on Facebook auctions?
« on: September 13, 2021, 07:43:36 AM »
Hi all,

So, the background to this question is that I am finally getting ready to sell my big pile of G1 doubles (as well as a few other gens that have popped up). They are mostly a result of buying lots to get specific ponies, but I also had a collection in two different countries and managed to buy some silly doubles  :lookround:

I was just planning on putting them up in here, but since recently joining some facebook groups for G1 collectors, I have seen that FB auctions are very en vogue!

I have never actually managed to join one, because life's busyness has picked back up, so I wanted to ask the forum's honest advice...

Would I be being silly not to consider this as an option?

I'm not sure why, but something feels a little 'off' about fb auctions, but I can't exactly put my finger on what.

Does anyone have experience with them? Pro's / cons? Is it a good way to shift lots of ponies in one night!?

Thanks so much in advance all!
:art: @Adventures_In_ponyland on Insta
Currently seeking G1s;
Cookery pony Cherry Sweet, Picnic Pony (sweet clover) and accessories, Rosette (prize day), Lemon Treats & Mint Dreams. See my ISO list here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,401816.0.html

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on Facebook auctions?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 09:19:52 AM »
The auctions, no, but the FB sales are done through a site called Mercari. Apparently, Mercari is set up to protect buyers in a way that ebay does not--the seller won't get their money for a sale released to them until the buyer leaves feedback saying they received the item. Not sure if that applies to their auctions or not. :(
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline ScotchHop

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Another day, another pony.
    • View Profile
    • @Adventures_In_ponyland
Re: Advice on Facebook auctions?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 09:32:29 AM »
Thanks for the reply! That’s interesting about Marketplace, I never knew that!

Just to clarify, I meant actual people, going live on their webcam and auctioning off their ponies one by one while people bid in the comments. Im not sure if it’s a new phenomenon or not!
:art: @Adventures_In_ponyland on Insta
Currently seeking G1s;
Cookery pony Cherry Sweet, Picnic Pony (sweet clover) and accessories, Rosette (prize day), Lemon Treats & Mint Dreams. See my ISO list here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,401816.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal