collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would I be crazy to take my ponies tanning!?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline ScotchHop

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Another day, another pony.
    • View Profile
    • @Adventures_In_ponyland
Would I be crazy to take my ponies tanning!?
« on: June 28, 2021, 02:10:55 AM »
So this is inspired by the thread from LadyAmalthea about her successful sunfade of Cherries Jubilee.

Where I live we are not getting much sun at the moment, and the forecast doesn't look set to change any time soon.

It got me thinking - would a sunbed do the same trick as a couple of days of decent weather!?

The mental image is hilarious. I'm super pale and ginger, so not a good idea for me to go 'tanning' but I could take a bag of ponies that need sunfading and sit and read the newspaper while they sit in the sunbed. I looked it up, and apparently 20mins is the equivalent of 4 hours in direct sunlight.

Has anyone else tried this? Am I crazy?  :drunk:

:art: @Adventures_In_ponyland on Insta
Currently seeking G1s;
Cookery pony Cherry Sweet, Picnic Pony (sweet clover) and accessories, Rosette (prize day), Lemon Treats & Mint Dreams. See my ISO list here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,401816.0.html

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Re: Would I be crazy to take my ponies tanning!?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 02:55:34 AM »
It sounds like if could have potential but also risky.

You might want to try a bait pony girst and see how it goes. I'm not an expert though.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 05:54:13 AM »
I know some have found success by using UV light boxes to sunfade. My concern would be if the pony starts to burn, can you get it out of the bed?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 06:16:18 AM »
The mental picture of this made me giggle a little! I'd be interested to know if it works...I have a small UV light to cure gel nail polish that I have thought of using, but haven't tried yet.

It would be hilarious if you did this often, and the employees of the tanning shop gave you the side-eye because you never seemed to get any tanner. I can picture the gossip among them...'and she always shows up with this suspicious-looking duffel bag!'

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 07:15:50 AM »
The mental picture of this made me giggle a little! I'd be interested to know if it works...I have a small UV light to cure gel nail polish that I have thought of using, but haven't tried yet.

It would be hilarious if you did this often, and the employees of the tanning shop gave you the side-eye because you never seemed to get any tanner. I can picture the gossip among them...'and she always shows up with this suspicious-looking duffel bag!'

:lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ScotchHop

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Another day, another pony.
    • View Profile
    • @Adventures_In_ponyland
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 12:11:43 AM »

Haha! That's hilarious! :-)

I think i'm going to go for it. I'll let you all know how it turns out. I'm going to start with my Majesty because she's be quite easy to replace if my little experiment goes wrong!
:art: @Adventures_In_ponyland on Insta
Currently seeking G1s;
Cookery pony Cherry Sweet, Picnic Pony (sweet clover) and accessories, Rosette (prize day), Lemon Treats & Mint Dreams. See my ISO list here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,401816.0.html

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 09:59:17 AM »

Haha! That's hilarious! :-)

I think i'm going to go for it. I'll let you all know how it turns out. I'm going to start with my Majesty because she's be quite easy to replace if my little experiment goes wrong!
Let us know how it goes, and if they give you the side-eye for your suspicious bag full of ponies.  :biggrin:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Queen Sophie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 10:45:34 AM »
The next time I get a pony that I don’t mind getting possibly burnt, I’m gonna ask my sister to bring her in with her! I’d be curious to see what happens!
:silly:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 06:13:41 AM »
I'm quite amused at what the response would be for the people in the shop.

I think it's definitely something you'd need to test run first though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal