collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Anchors Away  (Read 855 times)

Offline lovelauraland

• Trade Count: (+127)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelauraland.com
G3 Anchors Away
« on: June 06, 2021, 07:48:00 AM »
Hi all, I bought a bait box a while back and it had a cut haired G3 Anchors Away.
Question is, I want to sell her, should I re-root her before selling or sell as is?
I have no idea how much she would be worth either.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: G3 Anchors Away
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 08:35:01 AM »
How severe is the haircut? I think a rehair and sell would be good if it's buzzed, but if it's not very severe, I would just sell as-is.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 08:35:49 AM »
I've seen her go for around 15-25 dollars usually.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline lovelauraland

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 08:36:56 AM »
How severe is the haircut? I think a rehair and sell would be good if it's buzzed, but if it's not very severe, I would just sell as-is.
Sadly all cut off :(

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 08:37:28 AM »
Sadly all cut off :(

:( How sucky. Sounds like a candidate for a restore for sure.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kanthaka

• Trade Count: (+342)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • Crafting Instagram
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 05:52:04 PM »
I've been seeing Anchors Away go for around $35-40 in great shape. I'd personally pay up to $20 for one with badly cut hair and other generally restorable flaws, but I haven't seen any in that exact condition being sold lately and can only speak for myself. I have no idea what you might reasonably ask for her if you rehaired her.

Offline snowflurs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
  • Perpetually tired cat mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2021, 08:43:59 PM »
I recently bought a mint condition Anchors Away for $33 on ebay. I'd say if the hair is completely cut off, rehair it. I think you could reasonably ask for $20 if the hair looks similar to how it was before it was cut.  :)

Offline lovelauraland

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2021, 01:46:54 AM »
Thanks for the input guys, I’ll have a look see if I have the right hair.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2021, 03:00:00 AM »
Personally I'm a believer in restoration but I'd also worry that some unscrupulous seller might sell her in future as being in original condition. Hence why I try to keep restorations reversible and also a bit different. Sometimes I sign both my initials under a hoof (CM). In this case I might give her extra long hair instead for example, or an up-do to make it obvious that she's been re-haired. It will be nice to give her a new life on display.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline lovelauraland

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 02:36:45 AM »
Personally I'm a believer in restoration but I'd also worry that some unscrupulous seller might sell her in future as being in original condition. Hence why I try to keep restorations reversible and also a bit different. Sometimes I sign both my initials under a hoof (CM). In this case I might give her extra long hair instead for example, or an up-do to make it obvious that she's been re-haired. It will be nice to give her a new life on display.

That’s a really good point, and great idea!
I might do that, I’m also thinking of keeping her.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 03:44:15 AM »

That’s a really good point, and great idea!
I might do that, I’m also thinking of keeping her.

I love your up-dos. If I was as handy with a comb as you I'd probably keep her too! I really like this pony, I have one some where.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal