collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 83014 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1350 on: July 02, 2022, 05:45:47 AM »
I woke up all sweaty and when I checked the thermostat it was 80 in here :what:

The thermostat is new and they are programmable. So it was programmed at some point in the night to set the temp at 85. I never had anyone show me how to program it (I should have asked the maintenance guy) but I think I fixed it. I've set it to 77. It's programmable by the hour so I hope it was just never set that way and it will stay at 77.

The old one was set at 73, which was always too cold. I kind of fixed that one too but occasionally it would go back to 73. I'd rather be too cold than too hot.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 05:47:21 AM by BlackCurtains »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 02, 2022, 10:49:00 AM »
It cools down to 70 degrees at night where I live but we can't really open the windows. Last night my dad decided it was too hot in the house.  When I said it was too hot, I was told "there's nothing we can do about it" "You just have to live with it etc.." but when my dad decided it was too hot he started rearranging furniture so we can eat in the sunroom (there's a window unit out there separate from the one in the house) and that we should sleep in the living room for the time being because my parents' bedroom was 90 F last night and my room was 87 F.  He also said he was considering getting a hotel for one night but not for the duration of the air conditioning being out. 

3 times now my mom had decided to yell really loudly at me to wake me up.  :(  I've told her that's not necessary, but she still does it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 02, 2022, 11:43:44 AM »
put your socks in the freezer in a ziploc bag.  same with cloths for your head.  and pillowcases!
the ice water trick works if you are close to your fan- not if it's high up or across the room. 
eat as many raw or cold or frozen foods as possible but if your meal is warm, it should be spicy to help you circulate. 
avoid direct sunlight whenever possible - hats, shawls, coverups are a must! 
put your feet in cool water occasionally.  use the sink, the tub, a large storage bin, whatever. 
put your lotion in the fridge!!!! 
1st aid cold packs, rotate a stash of them.
witch hazel, on the back of the neck, that gives a cool feeling.
only do strenuous activity before the heat of the day... this is not always possible but if you can, try. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 11:45:57 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 03, 2022, 06:59:18 AM »
Thanks lovesbabysquirmy.   I let myself get too hot accidentally understand but didn't realize it until I couldn't cool down for a long time. 

This is the 4th day without air conditioning.  :hot: :hot:  I can't believe the AC company expects us to deal with it for another 4 or 5 days.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1354 on: July 03, 2022, 07:54:23 AM »
I'm still having issues too. The thermostat once again went up to 85 sometime in the night. I had kicked my blanket off me at some point so I wasn't sweaty when I woke up but it was hard to breathe. Now I have to go through the program on the thermostat hour by hour and see when it's set for 85.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 03, 2022, 01:34:06 PM »
I dropped my wallet on a train but luckily a nice young man noticed it and came to give it back to me. I didn't have any cash or I would have rewarded him, so I asked for his number so I can contact him later. Now I can't find the number and feel very bad about it since I promised I'd give him a small reward. My bag has gotten quite unreliable during the past year and several things (not valuable though) have dropped out of it.

Earlier I dropped a huge can (150g) of setting powder on my washing machine and bathroom floor. I still haven't cleaned the washing machine since I don't know if the amount of powder will cause issues if I just turn the machine on, and I bet it would destroy my vacuum cleaner if I tried to vacuum it.

And this heat wave is making me feel horrible. Constant headache, nausea etc. I've also developed a mild sun allergy during the past 2 years so I keep having tiny blisters on the back of my hands even though I try to protect myself.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 01:36:29 PM by Filthy »
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 03, 2022, 05:25:17 PM »
I'm sorry you're still having trouble too, BlackCurtains.  It's 88-89 F inside the house now.  I'm so hot and miserable.   :hot: :hot:

Ponyfan

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #1357 on: July 03, 2022, 11:11:32 PM »
Welp, this is the second time within just the past couple of months a package of mine has gotten lost in Atlanta.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1358 on: July 04, 2022, 05:02:24 AM »
I'm sorry to you too, Ponyfan. I hope it gets fixed soon!

--

I'm breaking out :pout: I'm 38, aren't I too old for this teenage stuff? Ugh. Worse is I have a tiny pimple on the crease of my nostril and it's so painful omg.

Weirdly, my wrist brace I use during the day was damp. I don't know why? I actually have two of them, so I tossed the damp one in the laundry basket and put on the other one.

My electric bill is only $11.11 :whoa: I looked at the bill breakdown and I don't get it. I have my normal $30 discount for being low income but there's also a $45 credit. I have no idea where it came from. I'd say maybe my dad made a payment but he doesn't have my account details. I'm not complaining... I just find it weird.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 04, 2022, 05:45:36 AM »
I broke out in real unusual zits when I was om folic acid (prescribed because of slight anaemia). I normally get zits on my nose and chin constantly, but never my forehead and cheeks, but the folic acid was causing me to break out. I have two spots that are SUPER SUPER painful but there is nothing in the skin?? I keep attacking them due to my dermatillomania which does not help!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 04, 2022, 05:58:04 AM »
Thank you BlackCurtains.  I'm hoping we can get something done about it after the holiday.

I know I sound like a broken record about this but I'm so tired of not having air conditioning except in one room.  I know that's better than nothing but it's not enough to stay cool.  I'm tired of constantly sweating due to the high heat inside the house.  As I feared the consequences of not having aircon for so many days are starting to take effect.   

I know it's not my parents' fault that this happened but I do think there are ways to minimize our suffering but everything I suggest is shot down.  :(   

My mom and I got in to it yesterday because I told her how hot and miserable, I was and she said all I've done is complain.  I have complained a lot about being hot but when it's cooler outside than it is inside the house or only about 5 degrees difference between inside and outside, I think that's worthy of voicing my displeasure about the situation. 

I'm having to sleep on the couch instead of my room because it's too hot to sleep in my own bed.  I can only be in the back of the house for 15 mins or  so when it gets up to between 87-88F inside the house.

I still break out too even though I'm supposed to be too old for that to happen.

Ponyfan   

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1361 on: July 04, 2022, 02:50:43 PM »
my mom is in her 70s and still has breakouts sometimes. i'm also 38 and i still get breakouts too.

i'm tired today. not ready to go back to work.

Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1362 on: July 04, 2022, 04:07:57 PM »
I don't breakout very often. I used to have horrible acne caused by bacteria. For a long time I thought I had Rosacea. I did the ProActive routine for about a year and it finally cleared up and has never come back. I stopped using ProActive because it was so costly. I use Burt's Bees face stuff now, which is still kinda expensive but it works and doesn't bother my skin. I wish I could afford CeraVe. I got a sample packet and it was amazing.

I'm not feeling so well right now. I took a nap and felt worse when I woke up. Bad headache, joints hurt. Even my fingers as I type. I have to go to my parents house tomorrow and I don't really want to, but the 3rd was my dad's birthday. I didn't go over then because I didn't want him driving in the pre-4th traffic and my nieces truck is broke down... again.

I'll be so glad when I'm done with this custom pony sculpture. I'm doing detail painting and then I need to add fur. When it's done I can move on to needle felting, which I'm just dying to do. I started a little pumpkin but I'm making myself work on the custom before I get back to it.

edit: Oh, and I've fruit flies again. Need to start putting boiling water and bleach down the drains again.

...and my noisy neighbor just started tossing furniture around or whatever she does over there.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 04:18:53 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 04, 2022, 05:21:26 PM »
The problems with relatives continue and money is also low.  >_<  Fortunately, the air is starting to cool down, I can breathe better again, it eases my anxiety. :fan:
:zzz:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1364 on: July 06, 2022, 07:17:56 PM »
I ordered a couple of ceiling fans but i completely forgot about the light fixture. i hate overhead lights but one of the rooms has no room for lamps. so now i have to order light kits. i'm not good at being an adult.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal