collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Playsets you would have liked to see  (Read 980 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Playsets you would have liked to see
« on: March 02, 2021, 05:21:30 PM »
There have been so many different playsets in each generation, everything from the G1 Dream Castle to G4 Fluttershy's Nursery Tree!  But are there any playset concepts that you wished were made, but never were?  Or maybe you'd like to see them made differently? 

I think it would have been fun to have a playground for the G1 baby ponies.  They had the nursery, but in my mind it was more focused on caring for the really little babies.  The "regular" size baby ponies seemed older and maybe like they were ready for something a bit more adventurous.  After all, horse babies are very active at a very young age.  I really would have been into that as a kid!  I'm imagining a plastic base molded to look like grass, and you attach the different components on top, like one of those playground merry-go-rounds, a teeter-totter, a slide, maybe a sand box, a little fort/stable thing, and any other playground equipment that could be modified for ponies (no jungle gym or monkey bars, of course!).

What ideas do you have?
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
Re: Playsets you would have liked to see
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 06:22:35 PM »
I was just thinking about this!

One I would have liked to see is a regular-sized carousel. We got one for the petites, but I think the Merry Go Round Ponies deserve one of their own.

Given the circus-themed ponywear and merchandise made, I think a circus tent playset would be cute! It could have some accessories to pretend the ponies are doing tricks, and maybe even some animal friends.

I would have also liked to see a wishing well, like the one from the movie.

A fashion runway, inspired by the scene in Escape from Catrina would be fun as well.

A lot of G4 playsets are missed opportunities. The buildings in the show are very quirky and distinct, and would have made great playsets, but Hasbro either cheaped out with the "half-a-building" playsets, made them only in blind bag scale, or didn't make them at all. Nice playsets of all the Mane Six houses should have been made, along with the castles and some other prominent buildings like Zecora's Hut, the CMC clubhouse, or Trixie's wagon.

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 06:27:26 PM »
What about the Flutter Pony hideaway? I wish that had been produced and sold in stores.  Or a play set for the sea ponies, like a set where they could sit in a display and stay upright.  I think a playground or merry-go-round would be great too. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 06:29:47 PM by BethyVic »
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 06:50:44 PM »
Pony jumping track, with obstacles, fences, hedges, water pools etc.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 07:45:06 PM »
G3 had a cafe for the Ponies, but G1 didn't. I made a Custom Cappuccino's Caffe (he's Italian hence the spelling: his mother is my Italian Tickle) out of a wooden dollhouse kit. I've since bought two others & made a Festive Cottage for the Christmas ponies & a Spooky Cabin for the Halloween ones. I also made a G1 library out of a dollhouse shop box.

What I'd have loved to see though is a playset for the G1 Sea Ponies, where you could take them swimming.

I'd also have loved a fairground complete with carousel for fitting Ponies into (the MGRs would have loved this), a coconut shy & a couple of other stalls to integrate with the G3 amusements.

Not forgetting a Volcano of Gloom with the Witch dolls. That would have rocked!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 07:48:09 PM »
I was just thinking about this!

One I would have liked to see is a regular-sized carousel. We got one for the petites, but I think the Merry Go Round Ponies deserve one of their own.

Given the circus-themed ponywear and merchandise made, I think a circus tent playset would be cute! It could have some accessories to pretend the ponies are doing tricks, and maybe even some animal friends.

I would have also liked to see a wishing well, like the one from the movie.

A fashion runway, inspired by the scene in Escape from Catrina would be fun as well.

A lot of G4 playsets are missed opportunities. The buildings in the show are very quirky and distinct, and would have made great playsets, but Hasbro either cheaped out with the "half-a-building" playsets, made them only in blind bag scale, or didn't make them at all. Nice playsets of all the Mane Six houses should have been made, along with the castles and some other prominent buildings like Zecora's Hut, the CMC clubhouse, or Trixie's wagon.

oh my gosh yes :D all of this especially the MGR :heart:

What about the Flutter Pony hideaway? I wish that had been produced and sold in stores.  Or a play set for the sea ponies, like a set where they could sit in a display and stay upright.  I think a playground or merry-go-round would be great too. 

out of all the prototype pictures that surfaced, the Flutter pony playset is my biggest want, iv looked at ways to make my own out of bossil wood from a model shop or a bird house, one day  :biggrin: :satisfied:
the flutter's and seaponies deserve playsets.
maybe for the seaponies a pond with a water fall so they can float on a top part, maybe made for the babies as adults it would be too big.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 09:10:43 AM »
besides the ones never making it into production, g1 wise, a fairground set would of been cool. an actually waterfall set would of been great, as well as an actual stable set, rather than the more home-y one they did end up making

a castle for the seaponies would of been great to see too!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 10:18:45 AM »
They could also make a pony library for Wind Whistler and Paradise.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 07:25:53 PM »
So many fun ideas!

The circus idea sounds like a lot of fun for kids and like it would go well with the G1/1980s...aesthetic?... and the fairground seems like an idea that could go with any generation equally well, with a lot of potential.

The library idea is interesting, at first I thought it might seem a bit boring for some kids BUT what if it came with a pony-themed reading lamp and some pony bookmarks?   Tiny books you could really read?  A regular-size book about ponies?  So many possibilities to encourage kiddos to enjoy reading...

I agree about the missed opportunities with G4 playsets. 

The sea ponies were so popular, now that you mention it it does seem odd they didn't have any kind of playset...and a water playset has a lot of potential for fun for kids.  I wonder if it could be used in the bath for maximum watery goodness.

The pony jumping track set would have appealed to me as a kid for sure.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 07:51:51 PM »
Anyone who knows me here has probably already figured out that my perfect playset would be Midnight Castle, complete with Tirek, Scorpan, dragons, and a Chariot of Darkness™️. XD I can dream.

More realistically, I wish they had done more with the Flutters. A giant garden in the vein of Strawberry Shortcake or Rosepetal Place would have been amazing...
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2021, 02:09:19 PM »
I know it would probably be too small to be considered a playset, but since Baby Buggy is officially classified as a playset I believe this idea belongs in this thread as well, it would basically be a pony chariot based on the one from the "Home" song in the G1 movie, it would be for two ponies and a Megan doll, the ponies would be hitched to the front and wear those plumes on their heads, and Megan could ride the chariot dressed in that Roman outfit or maybe even a badass centurion armor (personally I don't like the Megan doll but I could probably borrow my mom's figurine of pope which should be about the right size)
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal