collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Possible G5 artstyle?  (Read 19394 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Possible G5 artstyle?
« Reply #195 on: February 25, 2021, 10:50:55 AM »
I like that edit much better, Livio. The eyes are definitely too close together.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Delphian

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2021, 10:56:23 AM »
The 3D art looks better than the 2D art at least. But yeah, I gotta agree that the style still feels very G4 and more like a G4+Disney blend which has got me feeling more neutral about them at least. But it just feels a little too generic for me to get hyped about. I don't feel like the style has enough of it's own personality right now. Maybe that will change in the future though. We saw a lot of different toy styles emerge from the last gen so who knows. I'm not sure I'm going to get over the eyebrows any time soon though. :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2021, 11:09:21 AM »
Mac n Cheese pony has a cowboy star on his...harness strap? Whatever that is.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2021, 11:38:26 AM »
I like everything about that brushable except its head...💀

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2021, 11:39:35 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLuUrH1pBa8/

On the official MLP instagram, they announced that Izzy's full name is Izzy Moonbow. I HATE how they have human-style first and last names. Starscout and Moonbow on their own would have been great names.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2021, 11:40:23 AM »
Looking at the animation: I am getting Shrek & Paw Patrol vibes.
Cute hooves & feathers! Blazes!

I will wait and see what a proper animation release brings, as I am not overly excited about it all (yet)  :P

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2021, 11:51:42 AM »
Still a little on the fence about them, but the new animation is undeniably cute! Im LOVING the mint green boys design. I’m fairly certain the yellow boy main character and Sunny are the two ponies we saw leaked in that animatic a while back? Seeing as Sunny has the M6 figures on her shelf in the promo pic. and that little clip showed them geeking out over the M6, it seems like it adds up.

At this point I think  that’s still genuinely the most off putting part about this new gen. I wish it could just be its own thing without the call back to G4. It seems like the characters and the story could all stand on their own without relying on what came before.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2021, 11:52:41 AM »
I was reading it's possible that the tv show will be 3D as well... It was just a random comment I read, so I want to take it with a grain of salt...

Can anyone who watched it confirm that was said?

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2021, 11:53:55 AM »
Here's what the designs look like in motion. I have to admit, it's kinda cute, and I like Sunny's little interaction with Dudebro.

Shovin' Buddies, Thursdays on Fox
Inka Dinka Doo

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2021, 12:08:15 PM »
ugh the human-styled names... I agree, Moonbow and Starscout would be perfectly fine by themselves.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2021, 12:09:51 PM »
I was reading it's possible that the tv show will be 3D as well... It was just a random comment I read, so I want to take it with a grain of salt...

Can anyone who watched it confirm that was said?
I haven't seen anything about the TV show being cgi, but I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same models but with simplified hair. My recording didn't record audio, I'll have to check once the replay is available.
EDIT: Scratch that! The new series will indeed be CGI according to the PDF on their investor event page:
"oMY LITTLE PONY•New CGI film debuting on Netflix later this year with an all new cast of ponies.•All new computer-animated series coming to Netflix. "
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 12:11:37 PM by tailrustedtealeaf »

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2021, 12:11:42 PM »
I don't care for cowboy pony already... but the others look fine.   The cocky, attention seeking boy with a squishy center revealed by the leading lady is just...  :X   I hope it doesn't come to that.  I'm tired of stories where it's a woman's job to make men tolerable to be around.  It's cute once or twice but repeated it over and over again is a bad message and burden to put on little girls.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2021, 12:23:32 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLuUrH1pBa8/

On the official MLP instagram, they announced that Izzy's full name is Izzy Moonbow. I HATE how they have human-style first and last names. Starscout and Moonbow on their own would have been great names.

I was hoping Izzy would be a nickname for something not-so-humanesque...Charisma, Prism something or other, Soda Fizz, rather than straight-up Izzy. (<---not those names exactly, those are dumb, but that's all I can think of off-the-cuff...just something with an 'izz' sound in it that could make that nickname.) Maybe have a cool backstory about why she didn't like her full name.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2021, 12:25:01 PM »
Oh wow, so much to talk about! I’m really happy overall.

The toys are cute and fresh. It doesn’t feel like a remix of G4, and that in itself has me overjoyed. The G4 “Powerpuff Ponies” look got old very quickly for me, although it was cute/novel for the first few years. These feel like a more familiar incarnation of MLP, and a return to form. The heads are very G3.5 in shape and hairline, but less chibi and cartoonish. I would have preferred a longer muzzle and less anthropomorphism, but I’m fine with them. The necks are also a bit on the long side. Everything else I LOVE. The feathered hooves, the more proportionate bodies, the G2-esque shape... I’m very excited for these!

The animation is really beautiful, and I find myself looking forward to an MLP show for the first time in years. I really, reeeaaally hope the series is as pretty. I’m warming to the eyebrows after seeing clips of the ponies in motion... They do add a lot to the expressions.

Finally, as to the plot and tone... I like it. It feels like Tales, and that sounds like a refreshing change of pace. I’m really loving Sunny in particular, since she has one of my favorite color combos. So exciting to see that she’s the lead! All of the characters shown have had really nice designs, IMO. The more human names were a bit jarring initially, but they also remind me pleasantly of Tales.

All in all, I’m really looking forward to this! My last reservation is just... I hope they don’t settle into the Mane 6 formula with the merchandise. I understand the need to keep popular characters on the shelf, but there needs to be more diversity than with FiM. I hope they bring back collectability as a key component of marketing, and release more unique ponies.

Anything that drives away creepy men who want to make the ponies their waifus is welcome!

I want to bold, highlight, and CAPS this statement. At this point, this is my number one priority for MLP. If they animated it like Peppa Pig and the ponies taught numbers and ABCs, I would accept it with open arms because at least it would scare away the weirdos who want pony waifus. <_<;

As for our mutual dream of an 80s-esque, dark fantasy MLP in the vein of RaMC... Looks like it won’t be this time. XD Ah well, I loved Tales as a kiddo, and this is indeed giving me really strong Tales vibes.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2021, 12:28:54 PM »
I don't care for cowboy pony already... but the others look fine.   The cocky, attention seeking boy with a squishy center revealed by the leading lady is just...  :X   I hope it doesn't come to that.  I'm tired of stories where it's a woman's job to make men tolerable to be around.  It's cute once or twice but repeated it over and over again is a bad message and burden to put on little girls.

I'm hoping they are either siblings or childhood best friends that see each other as family. I do not want them to be love interests even if it turns out they are unrelated. Can we please retire the idea that boys and girls that are good friends must fall in love with each other? You never see it happening with friends of the same gender outside of fandom stuff.

On the other hand I kinda them to put Sunny and Izzy together because representation is important.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 12:33:26 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal