collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Wear you would have liked to see?  (Read 1494 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Pony Wear you would have liked to see?
« on: February 09, 2021, 05:13:54 PM »
Generation one had a variety of outfits/costumes available for ponies to wear, from spacesuits to dragon onesies.  Is there an outfit you would love to have for your ponies - if only it existed?

For me, I think an adult size farmer outfit would be so cute.  Little blue denim overalls, a plaid shirt, brown work boots, a hat of some kind (to be most authentic probably a baseball/trucker style hat).  Could come with an accessory like a water bucket or hoe or a basket of carrots.  I would have been into this as a kid, and I'd love to put Applejack or Tic-tac-toe in this outfit!

Share your ideas!  Feel free to interpret this beyond G1 if you so wish.  It's just a casual conversation   :)
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Wear you would have liked to see?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 05:18:56 PM »
Pony flight attendant
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dannahbanana

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Instagram 💖
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 05:23:03 PM »
I LOVE dogs, so I'd love to see a baby outfit similar to the bunny one but of a dog with floppy ears!
Also I would have liked if along with the baby dino outfit, if there was a dragon outfit the same colors as Spike the dragon.

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 07:06:46 PM »
Oh, the farmer pony outfit sounds absolutely adorable! I can picture what you said with a straw hat.

I know there was a tennis dress and a cheerleader outfit, but what about a baseball uniform? Something sporty like that?

I'm curious to see what people come up with. I LOVE pony wear so much! At this moment I have 14 outfits with Hearts and Candy on the way; I'm so excited to get that. Ooh, speaking of that, since they had a Valentine's Dress, maybe they could have other dresses for other holidays like Christmas or Halloween or Easter...

« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 09:12:19 PM by FernMariposa919 »

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 05:48:42 AM »
Oh, the farmer pony outfit sounds absolutely adorable! I can picture what you said with a straw hat.

I know there was a tennis dress and a cheerleader outfit, but what about a baseball uniform? Something sporty like that?

I'm curious to see why people come up with. I LOVE pony wear so much! At this moment I have 14 outfits with Hearts and Candy on the way; I'm so excited to get that. Ooh, speaking of that, since they had a Valentine's Dress, maybe they could have other dresses for other holidays like Christmas or Halloween or Easter...
Bold bit deffo top of my wishlist!!! I think somebody in the UK called Rosiewit or Rosiewil or something like that is doing hoof-made clothes on eBay for Ponies.

Speaking of, some of her clothes are made to fit G2s, & they had hardly any, so more clothing for them would be great too
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 06:52:02 AM »
I would love more flowery dresses. They just sing spring and summer.

On the other hand, a studded leather jacket for the big brothers would have been cool. Not really fitting for the paste pony ecstatic though.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 02:01:59 PM »
I would also love an archeologist pony
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline SunPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 04:40:56 PM »
I'm loving these ideas.  A flight attendant!  I would never have thought of that, but I like it.  Any particular airline you had in mind?

Love the baseball uniform, Christmas dress, and the leather jacket ideas.

G2s could definitely use some more clothing!  I'd love to see the handmade clothes for them...I tried looking for those usernames you mentioned but no luck  :huh:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 04:46:58 PM by SunPony »

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 04:58:51 PM »
Linkie to items for sale for MLP by the seller:
[Removing live auction link - Loa]
Looks like she has some new stuff. May have to invest soon
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 05:24:29 PM by Loa »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2021, 05:05:50 PM »
I'm loving these ideas.  A flight attendant!  I would never have thought of that, but I like it.  Any particular airline you had in mind?

Just a classic navy-blue uniform with one of those cute little hats, I know I would buy two sets for Fizzy and Wind Whistler
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline SunPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2021, 06:38:14 PM »
I was just amusing myself by sketching some of these, and when I got to "leather jacket" I was suddenly hit with a memory of my childhood friend who I always played ponies with, who used to have me draw one of her family's horses dressed as a punk complete with leather jacket.  So...its been thirty years but here I am drawing a pony wearing a leather jacket again.  Ah, memories.

Just a classic navy-blue uniform with one of those cute little hats, I know I would buy two sets for Fizzy and Wind Whistler
I see!  I guess they DO have rather distinctive hats. Maybe it could be "Equus Air" or something, hmm.

Linkie to items for sale for MLP by the seller:
[Removing live auction link - Loa]
Looks like she has some new stuff. May have to invest soon

Thanks, I had a look, and wow they have a whole bunch of outfits!  Very cute!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 05:25:25 PM by Loa »

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2021, 07:56:44 PM »
I see!  I guess they DO have rather distinctive hats. Maybe it could be "Equus Air" or something, hmm.

That would be an awesome airline, I can imagine Wind Whistler greeting the passengers with her eloquent speech, or Fizzy serving fizzy drinks and entertaining little kids with activity books.

And while we're back on the topic, there should also be a sailor pony, a nurse pony or maybe even a firefighter pony complete with a visor helmet and an oxygen tank.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2021, 10:35:53 PM »
I can think of a few that would've been cute

-A 50's style outfit with a poodle skirt
-Scuba gear
-A wizard hat and cape
-A chef hat and apron
-Wedding tux and prince/king outfit for big brothers
-Halloween costumes (ghost/witch/vampire ect.)

On the topic of a flight attendant pony, a classic aviator outfit with a cap, goggles, and scarf would be super cute, especially on pegasi.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2021, 05:15:49 AM »
It would also be nice if there were pony costumes based on historical and mythological figures, like Cleopatra, Athena etc.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2021, 05:30:22 AM »
A 70's outfit with bell bottoms and beads.
Big Brother outfits to go with their hats (cowboy, pirate, etc).
More baby pony outfits that didn't involve a full-body suit...while cute, I never liked putting outfits like the bunny or dragon suit on my ponies because I didn't like covering that much of them up, so more outfits like the sun suit would have been nice.
A doctor, with white lab coat and stethoscope.
A teacher (not sure what kind of outfit that would be, but the accessories would have been cute!).
A jailbird with a black and white striped jumpsuit complete with ball and chain (I know that one's a bit controversial and would never have gotten made, since nobody wants to think about jail in a fantasy pony land, but I think it could have been done in a cute way. We always had a bad-guy pony who ended up in jail when we played...it would have been fun to have something to dress our antagonist in!
A police officer
More 80's outfits...my favorites were always ones like Flashprance, City Kids, Neon Lights, and Get into the Groove, so more outfits in that style would have been fun. It was, after all, the 80's!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal