collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What's your favorite MLP generation?

G1
33 (67.3%)
G1 Tales
0 (0%)
G2
3 (6.1%)
G3
9 (18.4%)
G3.5
0 (0%)
G4
4 (8.2%)
G4.5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: March 02, 2021, 09:30:15 AM

Author Topic: What's Your Favorite MLP Generation?  (Read 2241 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Re: What's Your Favorite MLP Generation?
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2021, 07:47:51 AM »
Sorry, but brony sites are mostly full of immature, insecure gen snobs. They are the loud minority, regardless of what they tell themselves. Their opinions don't reflect much of the broader community.
I'm hoping they're a loud minority among bronies too, but I have no real idea if they are.  I haven't seen as much hate towards the pre-G4 generations as I have done in the past, but it may be because I don't actively look at brony sites, despite being a brony.  The only site I go on that is (likely) brony-aimed is Equestria Daily, and lately that doesn't seem to have any outright negativity to pre-G4 and the comments are usually positive about them from what I've seen.

Again, I don't know for sure, but it's gotten to the point that when I see the old misguided brony opinions of Pre-G4 my reactions is usually "Wait, there's still bronies like this?" 
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2021, 08:05:26 AM »
Id have go with G1 so many nice childhood memories. The variety of that line was great. :) The other gens have their own thing but G1 is the one I will always go back to.

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2021, 12:05:54 PM »
To me, G1 is the best and will always be the best :biggrin:

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2021, 01:45:51 PM »
g3. its the most nostalgic, with g1 trailing right behind

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2021, 04:17:53 PM »
I am looking forward to the day when brony only means what it was originally meant to mean. There were factions in G2 as well, when it came out, and they disappeared with time. It can be hoped the same will be for G4. I am looking forward to the G4 kids growing up and becoming collectors too. I love that we now have so many members who grew up with G3 and speak for it/prefer it as their favourite generation. I learn so much from them because my G3 memory is horrible.

I think the current brony problem is possibly largely outside of the remaining G4 communities as well. It's on other internet spaces where people who identify as bronies or G4 fans are also embroiled in other things. And then when media write about it, they just talk about My Little Pony fans, so we all get dragged in (G4 fans as well).

There will be the vocal minority LAW talks about, because there is that insecurity about older gens for some fans, but maybe for some the end of G4 has made them reflect that their generation is just one among many and so understand more the fans of what went before.

I've only encountered the unpleasant bronies online. The ones I've met at ponycon, and the ones I worked with when I was supporting in the college were all fine.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 04:20:02 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2021, 05:47:27 PM »
I finally chose G1 over G3. The fact that G3 has so many ponies but so few unicorns and pegasi is disappointing.

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2021, 10:59:40 PM »
G1 all the way. Even though i love the g3s, they don't give me that inner squeeeeeee reaction when i see them

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2021, 11:14:46 PM »
G1 and G2  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal