collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rare or bait?  (Read 1993 times)

Offline lovelauraland

• Trade Count: (+127)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelauraland.com
Rare or bait?
« on: January 22, 2021, 08:19:50 AM »
Hellloooo everyone, long time no see!
I really hope your all well, I’ve missed you and custom ponies.
Anyhow, I’m back to ask if these ponies are ok to be considered bait, I would hate to custom one that is super rare!
Hope these links work
https://www.deviantart.com/lovelauraland/art/Bait-615765955
https://www.deviantart.com/lovelauraland/art/airbrushed-daddy-729412340
https://www.deviantart.com/lovelauraland/art/Bait-646713401

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Rare or bait?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 08:37:58 AM »
Ooooooh what's this, so many old friends coming back! Hiiii! :deathhug: So you still make custom ponies?  :hearts:

Others may be able to help more with your actual question. Not sure if any of those is actually rare but there are some that are more valuable, and TBH the majority don't look baity to me (esp. those with good manes & tails). But it's your decision ultimately, these days I personally tend to be very selective when it comes to G1 baits... I wouldn't customise the Euro ponies or any with working gimmicks (BnG, DnP, Magic Message).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline dragglereeka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 08:49:59 AM »
The first picture of Morning Glory - I'm not sure how rare she is, but despite not having her wings her hair is in really good condition so I wouldn't personally class her as bait.

The second picture has some fairly hard to find ponies such as Braided Beauty (does her hair mechanism still work? ) Sunny Bunch, Barnacle, TAF Sundance is sought after- but this one  could benefit from a re hair.

The third picture has two Apple Family babies- as far as I know these are rare!

However, it's completely up to you what you do with your own collection. Personally I would restore, not customise a few of these- don't let that stop your creativity. I'm sure they will turn out as stunning as your other customs ! 

*Thankyou to Strawberry Swirl for my avatar*

Offline lovelauraland

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 08:50:17 AM »
Ooooooh what's this, so many old friends coming back! Hiiii! :deathhug: So you still make custom ponies?  :hearts:

Others may be able to help more with your actual question. Not sure if any of those is actually rare but there are some that are more valuable, and TBH the majority don't look baity to me (esp. those with good manes & tails). But it's your decision ultimately, these days I personally tend to be very selective when it comes to G1 baits... I wouldn't customise the Euro ponies or any with working gimmicks (BnG, DnP, Magic Message).

Hello darlin, thank you for the warm welcome back!
I haven’t actually been customising in years, but lost my job so I’m thinking about it.
I have some customs partially finished and a load of bait ponies, I just need to get some apoxy, acetone and eye varnish then all set!

Post Merge: January 22, 2021, 08:53:06 AM

The first picture of Morning Glory - I'm not sure how rare she is, but despite not having her wings her hair is in really good condition so I wouldn't personally class her as bait.

The second picture has some fairly hard to find ponies such as Braided Beauty (does her hair mechanism still work? ) Sunny Bunch, Barnacle, TAF Sundance is sought after- but this one  could benefit from a re hair.

The third picture has two Apple Family babies- as far as I know these are rare!

However, it's completely up to you what you do with your own collection. Personally I would restore, not customise a few of these- don't let that stop your creativity. I'm sure they will turn out as stunning as your other customs ! 

Thank you for letting me know!
I’m not much for restoring, but will find out if anyone would like to take on the task.
The mechanism on both ponies still works
I’m a bit lost to what the sea pony is too, she might be a fakie?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 08:53:06 AM by lovelauraland »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 09:59:40 AM »
Seapony isn't a fakie, she's a Watercolor Seapony. They're always in weird condition.
I wouldn't personally consider any of these bait, but I would definitely suggest trading or selling them for baited ponies.
The White Tootsie, Musictime, Tutti Fruitti, brother Apple Delight would likely sell well if you sold internationally. Majesty looks in pretty good condition too so I'd hesitate on her...the Sunlights aren't particularly rare so I would likely spring for customizing one of those if any.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 11:34:32 AM »
They don't look baity to me. Just like they're in need of some tlc.

Sorry about your job, crossing my fingers you get a good new one soon.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 11:36:15 AM »
It's so good to see you again! :hug:

Since you are asking, I'll just say I agree with Griffin :) Honestly, and this might peeve some people, it might come down to whether you want to take the time to see if you can sell or trade these ponies vs just customizing them and making mad funds. You'll never sell them for what you could sell your customs for and waiting for someone to trade with is taking time away from you working on customs. You having lost your job and needing income is a little more important than preserving some 30+ year old toys, imo.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 04:44:14 PM »
Just waving hi!!!
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 11:24:36 PM »
Hello, nice to meet you! I'd personally love working on these ponies, they all look like they could be returned to display condition. A couple might need the heads removing for deep cleaning etc. However, I will try to restore anything G1 back to as close to original condition has possible. I have a few exceptions like alt-rehairs. I really like G3s for customisation and would probably opt for G3 if I got the bug to make some customs.

I'd say the watercolour baby is fairly rare nowadays? The Euros look in nice-ish condition and I wouldn't bait them personally. I noticed that Majesty's head looks really white and could be an upgrade for someone if she just had a new tail. She's harder to find in good condition these days because her head goes yellow. Just some thoughts.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 11:28:10 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 06:24:13 AM »
Sand Digger is fairly sought after, I think. I also wouldn't bait the later year ponies - the DnPs, BnGs, Sunnybunch and the neon red pony whose name I forget - unless they're really beyond saving. Even if they're not in display condition, I'd say they're worth restoring.

And I have no idea if she's considered rare or not, but Princess Aquamarine, a set compeleter for me, has been eluding me for years, so she may be worth saving.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2021, 03:32:42 PM »
I personally don't feel any of these are bait  :blush:

Offline lovelauraland

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 06:16:41 AM »
Hello my lovelies, it’s good to see you all.
I’ll most likely sell these, especially if people are possibly looking for them to complete collections.
Thanks for all your help in this, I’m not a pony collector so I need guidance.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 08:32:19 AM »
None of them look very baity to me, at least from the pictures...I think you can find good homes for them on here. Good luck with your sales, I'll be on the lookout for them if you decide to put them up!

Offline lovelauraland

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2021, 03:07:49 AM »
Thanks darling, I wouldn’t know where to start, anyone have any prices in mind or want any of them for their collections?

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2021, 12:39:28 PM »
I could take white Tootsie, Tutti Frutti and Music Time off your hands if no-one else is keen? They might be upgrades for me. Let me know.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal