collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Least fave sundae best pony ?

Banana Surprise
7 (20.6%)
Coco Berry
2 (5.9%)
Peppermint Crunch
1 (2.9%)
Sherbert
5 (14.7%)
Crunchberry
17 (50%)
Swirly Whirly
2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Least favourite Sundae Best pony?  (Read 1522 times)

Offline promqueen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Least favourite Sundae Best pony?
« on: August 11, 2020, 10:14:19 PM »
As much as I dislike the neon yellowy-green hair on pink that Crunchberry has going on I chose Crunchberry because it's one of my very least favourite poses. I often find she has head and body mismatch as well as faded pink hair of course too which doesn't help the cause. Overall I really didn't want to complete this set because of how much I despise the Powder pose!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Least favourite Sundae Best pony?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 12:00:25 AM »
All of them :)

Next question??

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 01:10:04 AM »
My least favourite is actually my first one. My sherbert has faded eyes/marks and a blue spot. I like her still, compared to the others she fades into the background though.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 05:12:09 AM »
Cherry Berry & Sorbet Surprise should have their names swapped. I look at Cherry Berry & she doesn't make me think of cherries at all. Her colours are more sorbet-related. While Sorbet Surprise has more cherry-like colours than sorbet ones.

Anyway, I picked Cherry Berry because her colours not only don't go with her name, but also don't go with each other!!! Like the dullest pinky shade ever with the brightest neon yellow??? Sorry but nope...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 05:21:24 AM »
Cherry Berry & Sorbet Surprise should have their names swapped. I look at Cherry Berry & she doesn't make me think of cherries at all. Her colours are more sorbet-related. While Sorbet Surprise has more cherry-like colours than sorbet ones.

Anyway, I picked Cherry Berry because her colours not only don't go with her name, but also don't go with each other!!! Like the dullest pinky shade ever with the brightest neon yellow??? Sorry but nope...

The prototype MIP on the AMERICAN catalogue for this set has Sorbet Surprise on a card saying Cherry Berry (NOT Crunch Berry).

But there's so much going on with names in this set and them being all switched about, seriously...

Though that's basically a different thread topic in it's own right.

I just think that the Cherry Berry thing - and the fact that's also a G4 name - demonstrates that in this set's case some of the UK names are the original US names and the US ones alterations.  (Probably not Sorbet though).

Sorbet Surprise is grapes though. She has her grapevine...and they were always red grapes in the comic.

@PromQueen - on the subject of names, your OP confuses the names xD.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 05:25:45 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 05:29:18 AM »

The prototype MIP on the AMERICAN catalogue for this set has Sorbet Surprise on a card saying Cherry Berry (NOT Crunch Berry).

But there's so much going on with names in this set and them being all switched about, seriously...

Though that's basically a different thread topic in it's own right.

I just think that the Cherry Berry thing - and the fact that's also a G4 name - demonstrates that in this set's case some of the UK names are the original US names and the US ones alterations.  (Probably not Sorbet though).

Sorbet Surprise is grapes though. She has her grapevine...and they were always red grapes in the comic.
There is that, but the colours of Cherry Berry are raspberry sorbet (the dull pinky) & lemon sorbet (the vivid yellow), & I saw those sorbets a lot as a youngster. I never saw grape sorbet, though I suppose it existed like a lot of other fruit sorbets did.

Btw I think it was on a Discord where we had food comparisons (re the different names of the Sundae Best Ponies on opposite sides of the Atlantic) & I found out Sorbet is frozen fruit compote or something, while US Sherbet is the same but mixed with ice-cream. UK Sherbet however is the powdery stuff we dip sticks into & eat that way... It was just something I remember finding out not too long ago...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 05:34:03 AM »
Yeah, I think that Sorbet Surprise was a British alteration to make more sense, as Sherbet didn't mean anything icecreamish over here. But there's all kinds of weird going on on the US cards with capitalised and small case names within the set...it's so stupid because I really don't like this set on so many levels but they're so interesting because of all those questions as well.

I really loved themin the comics as a kid, even if the names were sometimes messed up. I never saw them as a kid, so I didn't realise they had mangled old pony poses. If I had I am not sure if I would have bought one.

I don't remember ever seeing lemon sorbet that shade xD I think I'd be worried!!!

You might have a point on the raspberry although I don't remember a lot of sorbet around in general when I was a kid...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 05:42:14 AM »
Don't even start me on the name confusion!!! I thought the UNICORN was Sorbet Surprise at first because of it, but nope, she's Chocolate Chip...

So many mistakes on leaflets & cards it took us a long time to get their correct names!!!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 07:06:44 AM »
Sherbet. She's just ehhhh on colors, even though her pose is my favorite.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 07:22:34 AM »
Cherry Berry/Crunchberry is my least favourite. I'm not keen on the infamous ham-and-cheese colour combo on any pony, and the chartreuse hair just makes it even worse. :blink:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 07:26:08 AM »
It’s really interesting about the names for this set.  It’s almost as if Hasbro couldn’t decide what name was supposed to go to each pony until right before the ponies hit store shelves.

I’m not a big fan of this set but my least favorite is Coco Berry/Chocolate Chip.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 09:40:56 AM »
Not sure who I'm going to vote for yet...other than Swirly Whirly/Butter Kiss, who I like, (and maybe, MAYBE Peppermint Crunch a distant second), I really dislike them all equally. I find their colors kind of either bland and redundant or downright ugly (ham & cheese pony  XD).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2020, 09:41:34 AM »
Crunch Berry.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2020, 11:06:56 AM »
I have to go with Crunch Berry because that hair is one of my least favorite hair colors. Most ponies don't pull it off well, and Crunch Berry is sadly one of them.

To be honest, I just don't care for this set because I've no interest in sundaes and ice creams. My teeth are sensitive as an adult and I just don't ever crave them

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2020, 09:24:51 PM »
Tie between either Crunch Berry or Banana Surprise. Banana Surprise has bland colors that do nothing to invoke the color of a banana, and Crunch Berry's colors just aren't attractive. Miniature Sheep hit it right on the head with "ham and cheese" colors.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal