collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP x Ghostbusters, Power Rangers & Transformers crossover collection  (Read 19001 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
But there were those weird MLP Integrity dolls, and I think they've had at least one high-end makeup tie-in, too? (Sephora maybe? I'm sure I saw pics of MLP makeup somewhere)

I think they just went for the properties they thought would have the most "universal" appeal or which would appeal to bronies more.

(Ahaha, "universal appeal"! I just realized that. Hee hee.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Another thing I was thinking of but maybe they don't want to do a Jem pony because it's become too "high end" a brand with the Integrity dolls and crossovers with expensive makeup brands.

Which is a pity. I mean the Integrity Dolls are gorgeous, but little kids should have a chance at it too, considering they were playing re-runs for a while.

Post Merge: May 09, 2020, 12:18:46 PM

But there were those weird MLP Integrity dolls, and I think they've had at least one high-end makeup tie-in, too? (Sephora maybe? I'm sure I saw pics of MLP makeup somewhere)

I think they just went for the properties they thought would have the most "universal" appeal or which would appeal to bronies more.

(Ahaha, "universal appeal"! I just realized that. Hee hee.)

Haha! Good one Carrehz.  :cool:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Actually wait. Can we get a Cutesaurus pose for the Power Ranger one?  :silly:

Post Merge: May 09, 2020, 09:09:10 AM

Considering there are lovely zombie pony customs, I think MLP can mix with a lot of things.

Those are customs. Personally I don't care for zombies. They're not my thing.

And I still think the MLP/Stranger Things and TF/Ghostbusters crossovers were weird choices. Came out cool looking, but still a strange choice.

To me, the Stranger Things crossover made sense because MLP was in the third season (I'm not sure any other seasons, I haven't rewatched it in a while) and ST kind of has a whole "Remember the 80's?" thing going for it. Seeing as MLP was already making a comeback with retro things, is a heavy 80's icon, and also was in that season, it at least makes sense to me. That's just my opinion though. I can understand how it can be confusing to some people though, especially to those who haven't seen ST.

-----

I wish there were more readily available 80's properties. In my opinion, it kind of just feels like the same ones come up over and over again. I guess maybe that's my problem with the crossover? Like it'd be cool to see MLP with a franchise we don't get to see too much, but as I said earlier it probably won't yield much monetary gain (or at least as much as they'd get with the more recognizable series).
Although the power rangers crossover is the one I'm most stoked for, I can totally see why people aren't as pumped for it. Like Power Rangers isn't technically an 80's series (it's an early 90's series) so it doesn't really fit with the theming of the set. Unless the set theme is like...retro heroes? I mean I think all the franchises have characters that can be considered heroes. That's just my crackpot theory though.  :P
Maybe it's too early for me to judge this set. I haven't seen the ponies so who knows how pretty they'll be? I don't know...It's hard to know what to think since we don't really have an idea of what to expect, we don't even know what style they're gonna do! (Basic Fun's molds vs. the retro molds) I'll keep my fingers crossed there will at least be one gem in this collection...(then I'll have a pony to look forward to!  ^.^ )

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Hopefully they'll be as nice looking as the DnD set. Though I'm really hoping Basic Fun'll do them. I want non-moulded ponies since we've got moulded hair ones already.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 06:30:09 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Ghostbusters pony!

https://www.mlpmerch.com/2020/05/plasmane-ghostbuster-x-mlp-crossover.html

She reminds me of G3 Applejack. :P I can't stand how they did her eyes (they're wayyyy too low IMO) but she's cute enough aside from that. Not for me, but still cute.

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Ghostbusters pony!

https://www.mlpmerch.com/2020/05/plasmane-ghostbuster-x-mlp-crossover.html

She reminds me of G3 Applejack. :P I can't stand how they did her eyes (they're wayyyy too low IMO) but she's cute enough aside from that. Not for me, but still cute.
Dang I was really hoping these would be brushable. Plus I agree with the eyes being too low, I unfortunately will be skipping these.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
It's a bit meh, and the eye it looks so weird! Why can't they get the placement correct? (Also just not a fan of the painted outfit)

I think the DnD set is much nicer compared, I'll wait and see on the transformers but I feel like I won't like the power ranger one

"COLLECT AND DISPLAY Figure is a great way for fans of the My Little Pony or Ghostbusters brand to complete their collections " so it sounds like the purpose of these is to get some sweet sweet profits off of other fandoms that are larger/have more open wallets? As it was mentioned earlier fandoms of boy toys tend to have a catch them all mentality

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
The DND set swayed me, but this has not. It would be cool to see someone customize it though!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Maybe it is meant to be G3 AJ which is a total generational mishmash, but I agree with the Shady consensus. Probably because she can see things through her shades that others can't see :nod:
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Maybe it is meant to be G3 AJ which is a total generational mishmash, but I agree with the Shady consensus. Probably because she can see things through her shades that others can't see :nod:

Now she just needs some Spooky Spectre Glasses and she'll be a valuable member of the team.

Those eyes need to be moved up.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: MLP x Ghostbusters, Power Rangers & Transformers crossover collection
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2020, 08:36:40 AM »
Seeing that these are using molded hair, I'm not sure I'd be as hyped about a Jem crossover anymore. Which is the only "girly" property likely since Hasbro never really made any of the other well known ones. Most of the other iconic 80s "girly brands" were owned by card companies. Tho I'm not sure if Care Bears counts as "girly" since colorful bears are pretty gender neutral. The only difference is boys would eschew them as " babyish" earlier than girls would.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 08:43:26 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2020, 08:40:10 AM »
Seeing that these are using molded hair, I'm not sure I'd be as hyped about a Jem crossover anymore.

I'd pay for a Stormer pegasus.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2020, 09:04:13 AM »
Seeing that these are using molded hair, I'm not sure I'd be as hyped about a Jem crossover anymore. Which is the only "girly" property likely since Hasbro never really made any of the other well known ones. Most of the other iconic 80s "girly brands" were owned by card companies. Tho I'm not sure if Care Bears counts as "girly" since colorful bears are pretty gender neutral. The only difference is boys would eschew them as " babyish" earlier than girls would.

Equestria Girls is the Jem crossover. I doubt there'll be anything else. Though it would be awesome to have some proper bad girl Misfit ponies with bold colours and markings, I don't really see it. And yeah, brushable hair is a must.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2020, 09:33:34 AM »
Decided to move the eye XD

Spoiler

Slightly increase the size of said eye
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2020, 09:52:02 AM »
Decided to move the eye XD

Spoiler

Slightly increase the size of said eye