collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who will win Dancing With the Ponies?

Star Catcher
10 (47.6%)
Loop de La
2 (9.5%)
Glitter Glide
3 (14.3%)
Twinkle Twirl
6 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Favorite G3 Skate/Dance Pony?  (Read 730 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Favorite G3 Skate/Dance Pony?
« on: March 01, 2020, 06:54:45 PM »

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Rearing_Pose

I only have Loop out of these four and she is very delicate and subtle in her beauty and I like her as she kinda reminds me of Sweet Stuff. I was quite surprised when I found out she was pale green instead of blue.

However, my vote goes to Glitter Glide. She's also quite pretty.

I prefer Star Catcher with normal wings.

I don't like Twinkle Twirl at all.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
Re: Favorite G3 Skate/Dance Pony?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 04:18:35 AM »
My vote goes to Star Catcher. I have all four of them but I would say my favorite of these is Star Catcher. I think she's very cool with her big shimmering blue wings and 3D swirls and I think she's a very pretty pony.

My second favorite is Glitter Glide. She's also very pretty and I love winter themed ponies.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 05:56:39 AM »
The only Starcatcher I have is the one with the big wings, and I don't remember her being a dance pony...so I'm guessing there's another version I don't know about out there??

I have the skating two and I don't really like them all that much. In fact, when I tried to downsize my G3s a few years back, I put them on the sell list. BUT nobody bought them, so I still have them. They're in storage. They're just awkward in those poses somehow. It's a cute idea, but it takes up space and I'm not enamoured with the colour scheme of either particularly. They're not frosty enough maybe? If one of them had had Royalette's colouring that would have been amazing.

Twinkle Twirl is fine...but I'm not really excited by her. So I'm guessing my answer is probably none of them...depending on what version of Starcatcher we're talking about. I do like Starcatcher, but I don't feel like that's the one we're discussing.

Edit: Click the link, Taffeta, it's right in front of you (sigh). Yeah, that is the Starcatcher I have. So if we're talking about that one, my vote goes to her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 07:59:38 AM »
Star Catcher. I love her blue wings. :lovey:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 08:17:02 AM »
Star Catcher has enough hype, so my vote goes to Twinkle Twirl. :) I love ponies with that colour scheme, such as Romperooni and Muse. I don't know how to describe it but it has a nice nostalgic feeling to it, the colours I mean.

Star Catcher was really exciting to own, and was really special at the time. This one is definitely the best release of her. The one they released later in 2007 or so is really lacking. No swirls, no big wings...? It gets rid of her entire identity pretty much. With this version she looks regal, and a bit more... jewel-toned? Thanks to the tinsel in her hair and the metallic paint on her swirls. With the other one, she looks no different from any other pegasus pony, and pastel colours that don't stand out at all.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 11:50:50 AM »
As she is one of my Mascots, I voted Starcatcher!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 07:18:04 PM »
Twinkle Twirl is possibly one of my favorite G3 ponies. She has a special place in my collection considering she was one of the first G3 we bought off eBay along with Citrus Sweetheart. She’s pretty cute with an almost-unique color scheme.
Star Catcher would’ve gotten my vote if her wings weren’t so commonly found in a terrible state.
Loop-de-la and Glitter Glide had a fun concept. If only their skates were removable without destroying them or their bases were as common as their respective ponies. Sigh.
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 06:47:31 AM »
Twankle Twirl. Star Catcher's overrated and the others are a tad hard to display without their stands. That and Glitter Glide Should of had a regular release as well since she's in the g3 verse as a character. Also Twinkle Twirl was mine- (Star Catcher was my sister's) so she's special to me in that way :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal