collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spreading the word about HQG1C?  (Read 30151 times)

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
Re: Spreading the word about HQG1C?
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2020, 12:36:17 AM »
Thank you for the clarification about the need of variants Clipper and Wysteria, I didn't know about this fact at all even if it might have been mentioned in the FB group. It was never explained (to my knowledge) that you need to get 1000 bodies done (okay that was kind of obvious) but you are relatively free for variations (hair, symbols, etc.). That's really good to know.
I still keep my opinion that some of the releases came too fast in a row, so people who felt overwhelmed - I'm with you.

I have to add my two cents about group orders... In the past until 2 years ago I always ordered for the German members of the Ponyforum at Clipper's Sail directly. However due to customs fees incl. the need to explain myself each time at the customs office and after the disaster with the 2018 UK pony con where Clipper decided to post US wide only and not internationally anymore, we switched to Theponybusiness and are very happy!

@pandabear_chan Your Genie looks so lovely :lovey:
I am really curious how you did her hair.

Panda, your Genie is the queen of Genies! How did you get the hair to do that? She looks fabulous.

Thank you so much! First I used some DH (I think it was Sour Grapes) and dyed it in a dark blue/purple shade to get the exact hair color of Genie. Then she was rehaired with silver tinsel and the hair was styled with foam rollers.
In case you are at Nachtlichtcon this year in July I will show you some of my techniques to create great hair styles.   
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:59:15 AM by pandabear_chan »

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2020, 03:53:31 AM »
Oh that’s interesting about the variants! I guess I thought you were getting 1000 of EACH variant, so it’s good to know those actually help move inventory, rather than back it up more. I was with pandabear_chan in thinking it seemed a bit excessive, glad to know that’s not the case at all! :)

I agree having polls before designs are finalized may be a good idea here! I know you guys do them sometimes on Facebook, and I try to vote when I see them. It’s definitely fun to see the design process as it’s happening! I know I personally would like to see more mash up poses like mint Kitty Love or the rearing unicorn! I think it helps make the ponies from the project even more distinctive.

I appreciate you guys having this half off sale! I tried to do my part by buying a few ponies I don’t have yet and some of the baby blind bags since I don’t have many babies yet. :) I was able to buy many more this round than I can usually afford! I bought a few from both of your shops! ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2020, 05:54:48 AM »
Panda, your Genie is the queen of Genies! How did you get the hair to do that? She looks fabulous.

Thank you so much! First I used some DH (I think it was Sour Grapes) and dyed it in a dark blue/purple shade to get the exact hair color of Genie. Then she was rehaired with silver tinsel and the hair was styled with foam rollers.
In case you are at Nachtlichtcon this year in July I will show you some of my techniques to create great hair styles.   

Great work, the hair color looks spot on! Yes I'll be there :)

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2020, 06:57:14 AM »
Great work, the hair color looks spot on! Yes I'll be there :)

Thank you, then come over to our booth and we can talk a bit!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2020, 10:12:43 AM »
Someone actually found about 25 or so of them at a shop in the UK about 6 months ago. There was a post on the arena or the trading post about it. Not sure where the other 180 ended up at.. The box was mostly Artistry Girls, and Sweet Treat sisters.. With a few Genie's, Pepperjacks, Celebrations, glitter blanks, and glitter hats.  I was relieved someone found some of them, and they weren't tossed. I believe eventually they will surface on ebay or something.

Oh, no! I remember the U.K. customs fiasco, but I didn't know that's why the U.K. seller shut down. Makes sense, though. I wonder where that box ended up? Probably in a landfill, depressingly enough.

Ooh, that's interesting about the variations! I didn't know that. That does make sense that they sell more. And aw no, poor Celebration! He's one of my favorites and was my first alongside Genie, I'm surprised to hear he isn't selling.

And I'm not trying to criticize you for lack of social media presence - I completely get that it's really, really difficult. I just think a bit more visibility could help the project, which is why I started this thread, so people could throw around ideas. I agree with others saying a central site aside from Facebook would be good too - I don't even have a Facebook account, I just use my mom's to see what's been posted.

(And eee, I'm glad to hear someone saw this thread and bought some! I'm so glad I could help in any way, no matter how small.)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 10:15:52 AM by Clipper »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2020, 01:03:46 PM »
I just ordered the SUPER cute Moonlight and Moonglow- I can't believe I hadn't seen these before- they are sooooo cute!

https://www.ecrater.com/p/35665585/moonlight-moonglow-itty-bitty-ponies

Post Merge: January 09, 2020, 01:14:35 PM

And then I went back and ordered the two Kitty Love ponies from Katzponyshop   :)

Post Merge: January 09, 2020, 01:15:57 PM

Someone actually found about 25 or so of them at a shop in the UK about 6 months ago. There was a post on the arena or the trading post about it. Not sure where the other 180 ended up at.. The box was mostly Artistry Girls, and Sweet Treat sisters.. With a few Genie's, Pepperjacks, Celebrations, glitter blanks, and glitter hats.  I was relieved someone found some of them, and they weren't tossed. I believe eventually they will surface on ebay or something.

Oh, no! I remember the U.K. customs fiasco, but I didn't know that's why the U.K. seller shut down. Makes sense, though. I wonder where that box ended up? Probably in a landfill, depressingly enough.

Ooh, that's interesting about the variations! I didn't know that. That does make sense that they sell more. And aw no, poor Celebration! He's one of my favorites and was my first alongside Genie, I'm surprised to hear he isn't selling.

And I'm not trying to criticize you for lack of social media presence - I completely get that it's really, really difficult. I just think a bit more visibility could help the project, which is why I started this thread, so people could throw around ideas. I agree with others saying a central site aside from Facebook would be good too - I don't even have a Facebook account, I just use my mom's to see what's been posted.

(And eee, I'm glad to hear someone saw this thread and bought some! I'm so glad I could help in any way, no matter how small.)

That is so weird-  so I guess the box was stolen ?  By customs or mail service?  Or would customs have sold the ponies? That would be weird right?  Terrible that 1000 ponies got lost this way-
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 01:15:57 PM by Galactica »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2020, 01:41:35 PM »
That story truly sounds like they were stolen. Someone probably checked them and saw "new and sealed" toys that many believe to be worth hundreds and made them disappear.

Offline Shadowperla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2020, 02:27:39 PM »
Someone actually found about 25 or so of them at a shop in the UK about 6 months ago. There was a post on the arena or the trading post about it.

Found post

Hope others pop up one day.

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2020, 02:44:08 PM »
@ Clippper and Wysteria: Thank you for explaining about all the variations :). That makes sense. Like Minty_Magic I thought there was a 1000 of each variation.

That's weird the boy ponies don't sell that well. There are so many who are crazy for boy ponies. Maybe they should be made in different variations to sell better?
Personally I like the concept of Dasher but I don't really like his color combo. If he was available in another color combo that I liked I would definately want him. But I'm actually a bit relieved to hear that there still are whole boxes of Celebration as I really want him and that gives me hope he'll still be there when I can spare some money on these ponies.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2020, 02:46:24 PM »
My god, that's unbelievable. I mean when you first posted about it I was like "aww, that sucks, but I guess it's not the first thing to get spirited away by customs" but now... -shakes head- Definitely sounds like they were deliberately stolen, to me. I've never heard anything like it. :yikes: Can't believe how low some people will stoop!

(oh, and I thought there were 1000 of each variation too :blush: Thanks for the clarifications there, I did wonder about all the variants, etc.)

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2020, 02:46:54 PM »
I think customs auctioned them off and separated them into small lots? But yes I believe they were technically stolen. There were 1,000 that went missing. It was 180-200 ponies.  :| :|

Post Merge: January 09, 2020, 02:48:17 PM

Thank you for locating it! It was a relief they went into collectors hands! But I do hope the others made it to kids and made them happy.
Someone actually found about 25 or so of them at a shop in the UK about 6 months ago. There was a post on the arena or the trading post about it.

Found post

Hope others pop up one day.

Post Merge: January 09, 2020, 02:50:23 PM

I am also having a site wide 50% off sale with promo code WOW50. I am shipping international as well.

Www.clipper.ecrater.com

As for ID sites, the most updated is toysisters.com .. the main hq thread has all of the links in it. :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 02:50:23 PM by Clipper »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2020, 03:09:00 PM »
That's weird the boy ponies don't sell that well. There are so many who are crazy for boy ponies. Maybe they should be made in different variations to sell better?

I remember during the G3 era collectors, at the MLP Fair, asked Hasbro if they would make G3 boy ponies.  They said no, because boy ponies have historically not sold well.  Maybe it's not so much that boy ponies are popular, but more that the people who like them REALLY like them?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Shadowperla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2020, 03:44:39 PM »
I think Celebration's (seemingly) alcohol theme of symbol turns people off.

They said no, because boy ponies have historically not sold well.

Probably due to only being earth ponies ever, not boy. Was Starcatcher left to be a boy, what'd change?

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2020, 04:09:00 PM »
Maybe it's not so much that boy ponies are popular, but more that the people who like them REALLY like them?
This is what I think.  :P
I'm excited for Mint Kitty Love to be in my hands!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2020, 04:13:26 PM »
I grabbed a Pretty Bow with the discount code, thanks :) Gotta have a rainbow pride pony :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal