collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 "Retro" ponies on Target website  (Read 14709 times)

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
Re: G3 "Retro" ponies on Target website
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2019, 08:32:57 AM »
But...whyyyyy?? Why are they wasting resources remaking ponies that are readily available at every single thrift store, fleamarket, second hand store, etc etc etc?? G3s have very little value as is, why do they think it's a good idea to make them again already? No offense to G3 fans, but this is a dumb decision if you ask me. I'd much rather see more G1s (or G2s) released. Who needs more G3s? >.<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2019, 09:15:20 AM »
But...whyyyyy?? Why are they wasting resources remaking ponies that are readily available at every single thrift store, fleamarket, second hand store, etc etc etc?? G3s have very little value as is, why do they think it's a good idea to make them again already? No offense to G3 fans, but this is a dumb decision if you ask me. I'd much rather see more G1s (or G2s) released. Who needs more G3s? >.<

Me. But if only if they were making other characters.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2019, 09:17:44 AM »
The main six don't really appeal to me, especially as G3s, so hopefully if this line continues they bring out some of the more interesting G3s. I would buy Waterfire in a heartbeat.

Oh man yes I remember how popular she was when she first appeared. And have you seen her de-tinseled? :drool:

I do wish Basic Fun would release more rare remakes. I don't need more of the Year 2 ponies, I need Mimic and baby TAF! How about Baby Honoluloo instead of more G3 Pinkie Pie? :P
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2019, 09:30:14 AM »
Retro? G3? ?? Okay, cool   :lol:

But, please don't skip G2! :(

I think if they are going from G1 to G3 it doesn't bode well for G2...

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2019, 10:50:41 AM »
I too think G2 is unlikely.

It's not a waste for them if it turns a profit and G3s were an incredibly popular line with kids.  Hasbro made a lot of money in the G3 era, without a lot of extra advertising. (No TV show.)

I think mostly these will be picked up by kids and possibly by twenty-somethings who had G3s as a kid.

I love thrift stores, but most people don't go to the thrift store to shop for toys for their kids.  You don't know where any of the toys have been, if there was a recall on them, if they were made with lead paint, or what.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:07:15 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2019, 11:04:06 AM »
I was totally shocked ot see these!

Do we have confirmation on the manufacturer yet?

It's interesting that they are doing the G3 ponies that correlate to FIM.
~Foxtale~

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2019, 11:05:37 AM »
G3 are becoming more scarce in thrift anyway...I'm seeing more and more G4. I fleshed out a lot of my G3 collection by picking up cheap lots at thrift stores and my local toy consignment, but it's slowing to a trickle.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2019, 11:10:20 AM »
I feel like the might be by Basic Fun because that hair quality looks nice, LOL.

That said, I'd love it if they were made by Hasbro and then the following happened:

1.  "Wow, these G3 ponies are selling really well!"
2. "I guess kids like toy ponies that look like ponies!  I've learned a valuable lesson!"
3. "Let's make G5 super horse-looking, you guys!"

:P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2019, 11:16:16 AM »
Retro? G3? ?? Okay, cool   :lol:

But, please don't skip G2! :(

Retro g2s would be the BEST THING EVER. Too bad no company who makes MLP has ever made a decision that good.

Also, I'm torn over these - on one hand, I see easily a dozen of each for $1 a piece whenever I go to the flea market, and g3s are fairly easy to come by MIB, unlike g1s. On the other... I grew up with g3 but lost interest in them at a very young age, so I don't remember them all that well. To be able to go into the store and see/buy new g3s...

I'll probably get Applejack, at least. Why didn't they keep her g3 colors for her g4 design? It looks much better than her g1 design, and the popping colors would probably make her more popular with kids, leading to more Applejack toys being bought, leading to more Applejack toys being made.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2019, 11:28:37 AM »
I feel like the might be by Basic Fun because that hair quality looks nice, LOL.

That said, I'd love it if they were made by Hasbro and then the following happened:

1.  "Wow, these G3 ponies are selling really well!"
2. "I guess kids like toy ponies that look like ponies!  I've learned a valuable lesson!"
3. "Let's make G5 super horse-looking, you guys!"

:P

Yes.
Yes!
Yes!!

Unfortunately, Hasbro has let these six characters take full control of their brains and MLP is doomed probably.  :nope:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2019, 11:49:58 AM »
G2 is basically written out of pony history in the US narrative, to the point the annoying bronies call Tales G2 instead. Since Hasbro is in love with brony-verse and mane-six-ness, I can see this as being them. No other company would care about manesix named G3 ponies. But they do look like nice quality for current Hasbro. Of course they could be yet another company. There are so many questions.

I don't mind retro G3 coming out, so long as they don't stop retro G1 coming. And if I have to choose, these as the Target exclusive would make me happy, as I would rather the G1s travelled.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2019, 12:09:05 PM »
G2 is basically written out of pony history in the US narrative, to the point the annoying bronies call Tales G2 instead. Since Hasbro is in love with brony-verse and mane-six-ness, I can see this as being them. No other company would care about manesix named G3 ponies. But they do look like nice quality for current Hasbro. Of course they could be yet another company. There are so many questions.

I don't mind retro G3 coming out, so long as they don't stop retro G1 coming. And if I have to choose, these as the Target exclusive would make me happy, as I would rather the G1s travelled.

I've had it with Hasbro's obsession.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2019, 12:15:30 PM »

Literal one trick pony.

Or maybe six trick pony.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2019, 12:19:45 PM »

Literal one trick pony.

Or maybe six trick pony.

One trick pink pony..** 😈

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2019, 12:22:05 PM »

Literal one trick pony.

Or maybe six trick pony.

One trick pink pony..** 😈

Gah. Probably.

We're back to that again. Ponies to the power of Pie.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal