collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield  (Read 47046 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2019, 05:49:46 PM »
:) I think you misunderstood the question I asked Pokeyonekenobie. I asked why what benefit there would be to a 3DS hooking up to a switch.  (I was trying to understand if it was about transferring pokemon or not).

Ah sorry then, my bad! I have a general gripe about the Switch as a console and thought your post was an easy entrance for my rant, lol. Apologies :)

;) No worries.
As a mom though, I'd rather have 1 console everyone shares. It ends up being cheaper then 2+ handhelds. (because let's be real, parents play too :P ).

Turn off your game and go do.your chores!  :enraged:

*kid slinks away*  :sneaky:

*switches game file*  Heh heh heh.  :devious:

In this case though it is a pokemon game and it is supposed to encourage trading.

XD growing up with no friends who played Pokemon locally,I know. (Heck, i was the only one with a game boy. Friends played SNES). Wondertrading changed all that for me, lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2019, 05:55:26 PM »
I've gotten some pretty sweet mon from WT. A shiny fridge, a shiny verizion, a level 72 Blaziken.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2019, 05:59:27 PM »
They figured out how to link the DS with the Wii, so I agree--why can't they link the 3DS/2DS to the Switch?

What would the benefit of that be?

It would be good for people with mutliple players in the household. So if a family has two kids, they can both play at the same time without buying two Switches (at $300 each??).

:) I think you misunderstood the question I asked Pokeyonekenobie. I asked why what benefit there would be to a 3DS hooking up to a switch.  (I was trying to understand if it was about transferring pokemon or not).

Yes, my original thought was for trading.  But my nephew also had (at one point) a "Plants vs Zombies" game that only required one cartridge but then up to three other DS consoles could 'hook in' as it were and make it a multi-player game, even though only one person actually owned the game.  If they could do something like that between the switch and a 3DS it might make for some good interaction between families with more than one child who wants to play or train up their pokemon from their game file. 

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2019, 06:07:20 PM »
They figured out how to link the DS with the Wii, so I agree--why can't they link the 3DS/2DS to the Switch?

It would be good for people with mutliple players in the household. So if a family has two kids, they can both play at the same time without buying two Switches (at $300 each??).

Yes, my original thought was for trading.  But my nephew also had (at one point) a "Plants vs Zombies" game that only required one cartridge but then up to three other DS consoles could 'hook in' as it were and make it a multi-player game, even though only one person actually owned the game.  If they could do something like that between the switch and a 3DS it might make for some good interaction between families with more than one child who wants to play or train up their pokemon from their game file.

I remember this. I remember doing it with Mario Kart DS back in the day. People didn't have it were forced to play Shy Guy or something.

Nevertheless, maybe I'm missing something here. While I would like that feature to return so I could play a Switch game I don't have with a friend nearby or vice versa, I don't see the demand for it for the reason you're mentioning. The Switch has different ways for multiplayer built in - each joy con can function as an individual controller. Or each person could have their own joy cons, or get a Pro Controller, or get a knock off cheaper controller (recommended, because official Switch controllers are outrageously expensive). There are multiple ways to have multiplayer through one Switch console.

Don't get me wrong, maybe the joy cons are all took up and you want more controllers without buying more. I do remember that Nintendo did something like this with the Wii U. I think that Super Smash Bros for the Wii U could be controlled with a 3DS. I don't remember whether you had to have the 3DS version in it or not, though.

|My Collection|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2019, 06:48:12 PM »
Don't get me wrong, maybe the joy cons are all took up and you want more controllers without buying more. I do remember that Nintendo did something like this with the Wii U. I think that Super Smash Bros for the Wii U could be controlled with a 3DS. I don't remember whether you had to have the 3DS version in it or not, though.
You could buy the "Super Smash Bros Remote" for $0.99 in the eShop regardless of if you had the 3DS version or not, although me and my siblings just used the Wii Remotes from the Wii to play. It's too bad the Joycons are so dang pricey and that they only sell in pairs. I think it would be nice to have the option at least to buy just one for those 3-kid households. The pro controller is just too much.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2019, 03:01:49 AM »

So the downloaded play on a 3DS isn't going to work because the hardware in the 3DS is pretty ancient and it's not going to be able to run switch games. And the switch already plays multiplayer games. :/

So it's most likely they are going to continue with the pokemon bank and it'll be 3DS > pokebank > switch.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2019, 02:04:36 PM »
If the new region is based on the UK, I hope Lapras gets a nice loch to live in. And maybe Lapras will finally get either a baby form or an evolution.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2019, 02:13:27 PM »
I loooove that fan water platypus design :lovey:

I like the bunny but I have to admit I'm not that hyped up about these games yet... maybe in part because I don't have a Switch and I'm not that enthused about the prospect of buying one :P though I'll probably cave. I didn't know that you have to pay for online play on a Switch though, what the heck?! Is that true?? Online play is the only way I can play with others..

I hope these games are better than Sun/Moon, anyway... honestly I found Moon to be really disappointing :( Maybe that's part of why I can't get very excited for these new games just yet.

I wonder when they'll reveal more new Pokemon?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2019, 09:28:49 AM »
Wouldn't it be neat if the legendaries were based on famous weapons in UK mythology?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 12:10:01 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2019, 09:52:29 AM »
Wouldnt it be neat if the legendaries were based famous weapons im UK mythology?

DX I'm not a fan of weapons!

Xerneas's sword legs bugged me.

But I find it a possibility...

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2019, 10:16:25 AM »
I'm excited and can't wait for them to come out!

Though I do have my concerns, like how in Sun and Moon they held your hand the entire game. Like whenever I thought I was done with the "how to play the game" cut scenes and could finally be free to roam theeeen another cut scene -head desk-

I do have high hopes for Sword and Shield, the scenery looks amazing, the main boys backpack is insanely huge, graphics look pretty good, and the starters are cute imo. Sobble is most likely going to be my pick.

I really hope you can transfer your pokemon from previous games, cause my Ribbon Master Sylveon needs more ribbons!

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2019, 11:57:38 AM »
So excited to finally have a region based on the UK!.... But it won't be accurate if the PokéBalls don't cost double the price of all the other regions :silly:

Will probably go for Sword as my main game (blue, I have a weakness for that colour) and Sobble as my starter.

Does anyone else think the legendaries are going to be canines, based on the logos?

Though I do have my concerns, like how in Sun and Moon they held your hand the entire game. Like whenever I thought I was done with the "how to play the game" cut scenes and could finally be free to roam theeeen another cut scene -head desk-
Same here, that drove me crazy! It drives me crazy with any game, really.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2019, 12:11:37 PM »
All pokemon games have hand holding. If you'll recall every gen has Pokemon tips on billboards, some have Pokemon schools, the original had the old man and his teachy tv and so on.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2019, 12:44:36 PM »
All pokemon games have hand holding. If you'll recall every gen has Pokemon tips on billboards, some have Pokemon schools, the original had the old man and his teachy tv and so on.

Sun and Moon had hours of unskippable tutorials over bare basic things though. How long does it take to complete the first island? Doesn't it take like 10 minutes just to get your starter or something?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2019, 12:47:48 PM »
I'm simply saying that every pokemon game has hand holding.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal