collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony the New Year  (Read 20902 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony the New Year
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2018, 07:50:58 PM »
Oh no - don't feel bad if you had a few stumbles today! We are only just starting 2018 - here comes day 3!

Spoiler
After buying some swimming kit, my kid wanted the beany boo happy meal toys at the local McDonalds so I nibbled on a few fries + 1/2 a cheeseburger - I logged my calories - just meant I had to do without a pudding later on in the day.  >_<

Packets of crisps were winking at me yesterday - I had a few calories spare to allowed myself a handful - ooh how I would have loved to have scoffed the whole packet!!  :drool: I just had a taster then a glass of water, which seemed to calm my craving.

Took my kid to her first proper, private swimming lesson, she had a ball! It's making me think about taking her to the public pool to practise her new moves (using noodles + floats).

Awoke at 1am this morning - storm Eleanor causing my kid's window to bang open/shut, broke off a curtain rail in the process... husband helped me carry her bed away from the window - she slept blissfully through it all!  :lol: Nearly 4am now... will try to catch some zzzzz but I foresee sleep-deprived-induced grumps for me later... must be strong + not give in to snacks!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2018, 07:12:30 AM »
Day 3 has been productive, despite the the lack of sleep!
- Apparently a couple of the locals felt the need to broadcast their extremely messy break-up for the whole county to hear in the middle of the night, followed by a storm outside, my cat having some kind of dance party downstairs and loose slates scraping along the roof. I allowed myself an extra hour in bed this morning to make up for that lot, and rescued the broken pieces of slate from the garden so I can use them for some kind of art project at a later date.
- Dedicated about an hour to playing the violin, learned a simple tune played with open strings and picked up some useful pointers on decent bowing technique. I actually feel excited to practice now instead of slightly intimidated!
- Switched my usual porridge at breakfast for a bowl of granola-ish cereal with nuts, it was nice but I was hungry again after a couple of hours, could probably have done with some fruit to make it a bit more substantial.
- My aims for the rest of today are to hang a picture I've been procrastinating on for reasons unknown, relax, read a bit and fingers crossed there won't be any riotous noises tonight! :zzz:

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2018, 08:24:33 AM »
Safflower, what are you using to learn Gaelic? I sometimes power up DuoLingo and play with some Irish lessons. I think my longest streak was 10 days.
I'm using DuoLingo as well :) It was the best free option I could find!

I also made a drawing today. I'm quite happy with it! It's SUPER rough as it's digital though, and I don't like digital so I don't really clean up my sketches, but hey, it's something! I changed my style yet again too.
Spoiler

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2018, 09:50:10 AM »
Haven't felt inspired to draw or animate, so last night's efforts went nowhere. Being a little reasonable and letting myself stay warm in bed instead of cold at my laptop.
I've been keeping up with everything despite not having a wall calendar so far, haha. I've got a bit of journalling I do at the end of the night, hopefully I can keep it up for longer than two days.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2018, 09:59:45 AM »
I love the sketch.:)

I did not fall off the band wagon, it ran me over.

So husband made a soup, but it's super spicy. He said he toned it down....BIG NOPE. I could not eat it...i love spicy food. He does not like to listen so I kind of ate part of and dumped the rest.....wich made me feel hungry and snagged 3 cookies....sigh.

In positive, I have drank a lot of water, had an orange, and only one coffee. My fail takes over the positive, but I will be happy with positives I have gained so far.

Off to knit as my car gets a tune up. It's cold here too, hard to feel motivated.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2018, 10:15:16 AM »
Safflower, that's a great sketch!

Taproot - I usually have porridge too - I weigh out 40g then add a chopped banana + pour over freshly boiled water from the kettle; after 5/10 mins wait (enough time to do bathroom stuff) my brekky is ready (and lower calories than milk haha) I still take calcium + magnesium tablets (from Boots chemist) for bone strength, so I am not missing out on minerals. It's so important to think about your bones, ladies, for when you get older, make sure you "service" your body to help ward off brittle bone syndrome in later life! 

Spoiler
Day 3 - I went swimming! After tears and tantrums, my girl finally cracked how to float on her back and front (using a noodle float)! This will help so much at her next lesson at swimming school, she was thrilled and smiled so much, but got tired. I now have the timetable for a decent public pool so will take her there when she needs tiring out, lol!  :devious:

Cafe lunch - we shared jam + butter on toast, but I logged the calories. No pudding again tonight!  :lol: but have had mango and tangerine as my healthier "sweet" option plus a calorie-counted chilli con carne supper from M&S + copious amounts of boiled veggies.

Tomorrow - kid off to school! Hubby at work! FREEDOM at last to do my own thing! Well, filling out solicitor forms [boring] but I need peace + quiet to get this done. If all my info is ready to hand and I complete it, I will drop it off direct to keep things done quickly.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2018, 10:17:52 AM »
Did not get outside yesterday.  But I have to today!

Must go to bank with $$$ and will do grocery shopping while I am out.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2018, 10:33:04 AM »
I’ve been using Duolingo to learn French but I haven’t used it in a long time. I also love the sketch. I wish I had talent when it comes to drawing and art.  Sorry the soup was too spicy Crowing Glory.

I ate cereal for breakfast. I don’t really like cereal but I will eat it once in a while but I got an ice cream at lunch which probably cancelled out the good choice for breakfast.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2018, 04:44:01 PM »
Slow day for me (been sick, so head is fuzzy and energy is low). But I have made a "Goals" board on Trello, so I can refresh my mind regularly, I can make notes towards things as ideas come to me. And in exciting news, I officially have my first custom order request on Etsy (just waiting on payment, will get to start on it this weekend). So excited about this!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2018, 06:23:30 PM »
Thank you everyone! I'm so glad you like it, cause you are going to see more! I'm sorry your soup was spicy Crowning Glory, but you definitely have some great positives! And I'm sorry that you are sick Kiwi, feel better!

I got some lessons done, and I had an awesome day out with my mom. We had lunch plus some thrift store shopping which was nice :) Today was a pretty good day over all.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2018, 06:51:55 AM »
Got a job interview scheduled for next week! 

Also made chicken chili yesterday and I am almost done with my doll-sized velvet jacket.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2018, 09:46:56 AM »
I want to see the doll velvet jacket. :)

Doing better today. I am finishing up a studio contract so I might have more music students coming in:) I have not touched junk food today more extra. I wanted to get a meal from a food vendor cause it's a craving and it was cheep. It was a salad too..not full healthy salad, but better than greasy fried food. Well I saw someone else with and is not worth the price at all. Glad I held off and stuck with my brought from home lunch.

Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2018, 10:10:11 AM »
Doing badly with getting my calories in. I ate snacks only, so hopefully today at work I'll be wise and get a full meal.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2018, 11:26:21 AM »
I want to see the doll velvet jacket. :)

Jere~miah was a bullfrog...
https://www.youtube.com/embed/MdI3q5xVzH4

#1:  Velvety Rocker Jacket circa 1970's

I haven't decided on the collar yet. 
The Bad Trader List

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2018, 11:35:24 AM »
I have no idea what is cuter:) the jacket or the doll wearing the jacket...that afro and glasses it's a super cute look:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal