collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony the New Year  (Read 20751 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony the New Year
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2018, 05:33:20 PM »
Just spent an hour shoveling snow and only made it halfway down the driveway.  :faint:  I think that counts as a workout.

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2018, 05:36:55 PM »
I will not order the pizza.

I will not order the pizza.

I will, instead, figure out my workout schedule for next week and drink 8 oz of water.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2018, 08:16:06 PM »
I love shoveling snow. I agree it us so a work out:D it hasn't snow much here so no shovel work out for me. Feeling a bit down, but I think Sunday will be my regroup day and start making things happen for myself.

Scarf is still not done:( hope to finish on Monday.

On a great note a pony person posted a pair of my wings on her custom on a facebook page. It was nice to see all the kind d words.

Wish I had more flimsy wing contestants.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2018, 02:23:16 PM »
I wasn't a good healthy pony today. I ate a lot of not healthy food a while ago and had huge portions.  Thanks glitterball for the water suggestion. I keep telling myself that I can't possibly still be hungry right after eating so much.

I did chose water instead of Coke last night and noticed I didn't have as much trouble sleeping.

Shatyr, don't give up. It's hard to get started on healthy habits. I feel like foood is my biggest issue because it's so much easier to grab something that heats up in the microwave instead of helathy food.

Dreamer, I felt like I started out slow when I started doing healthy pony also but with some encouragement from others here I kept trying and I now have a few successes. Don't give up. 

Congrats Kiwi on getting a custom order request.

Pokeyonekenobie,  I think shoveling snow counts as a workout too.

Glitterball, I hope you're able to get everything done that you want at the house this week. Getting a house ready to sell/getting rid of stuff is always a big job.

Ponyfan

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Shatyr

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2018, 02:31:14 PM »
I had water instead of pizza and finished setting up my workout log!

Even with the unhealthy choices and lack of exercise, I've apparently done well enough with food to be down 2 lbs.

I went grocery shopping and picked up enough frozen veggies (on sale) to last through the month. I've also got enough bacon (also on sale) for morning primal muffins (bacon, egg, cheese) for the rest of the month and probably a little bit into February. I did buy a donut for breakfast while grocery shopping, but that's my Sunday indulgence.

Chores are nearly complete and I have all my alarms set for 4:30 tomorrow. I have 4 alarms. I promise, it only seems excessive. Once it becomes habit to get up and workout, I probably won't even need the alarms (I will still use them).

Next up, finish getting ready for the week and have a nice (healthy) dinner.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2018, 09:25:03 PM »
Shatyr - that's a super result!!!

Ponyfan - glad you found the sleep easier after drinking water - I think Coke has caffeine in it.

Crowning_Glory13 - aww so nice when you see positive posts about your own creations!

Pokeyonekenobie - having done same a few weeks ago, I would deffo call that a workout!

Kiwi - how exciting to be commissioned!

Spoiler
Randomly up at 4am today (hence posting here!!) listening to the birdies wake up and sing outside.
School run then the 30-min drive to the old house, to clear the junk in the garage.

Today - remove old, musty clothes from the large wardrobe + blanket box; take to the rag recycling part of the recycling centre.
drive back. it is about 11 minutes each-way to the dump.
break-up the wooden wardrobe (rotten wood, cannot save it) + drive up to the centre again in my car.
drive back, have a light lunch (yoghurt, fruit, water).

If Dad turns up, he will be busy loading pre-packed cardboard boxes of stuff to take back to his - to sort through at his own leisure.
Furniture - Dad has a couple of antique display cabinets that he wants to rescue, we will see whose car they will fit in and drive them back to his.

Head back for the 3pm School run, home, shower, laundry, feed kid, prep evening dinner. My kid has said that she no longer wants to do after-school-club (would have been there until 6pm) but it makes no difference to me really as at this time of year it gets too dark by 4pm to do anything useful (no lighting in the garage, house was newly re-wired but garage was not).

Repeat all week - bar Thursday - Dad has to take Mum to hospital for some tests.

Friday - I *think* my husband is working from home - he might take the day off to help me or stay home + do the 3pm school run so that I get an extra couple of hours to clear things. He worries that I will tire myself out - but I need to get on with this work as all our solicitor paperwork has been done and things are moving fast.

A tiny bit stressed that Thurs or Fri there will be a buyer-surveyor visiting the house, (the cynic in me thinks that they will be trying to find negative stuff to give the buyer ammo to negotiate a lower price!!) but hey, these things must be done...

A big *if* - all things run smoothly, we could potentially get things wrapped in 4-6 weeks, however, I am bracing myself for some mischief, some fly in the ointment... anyway, what ever the case, clearing the house is my priority and if the sale should fall through, at least I have a fully empty house ready to rock-n-roll with should I need to put is up for sale again...

I should achieve a lot this week, if I need to do more next week we should have plenty of time to get things done - psychologically it will be a weight off my shoulders too, seeing the space getting clearer each day. Today will be a bit of a nightmare though as I need to make a mess first!  :lol:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2018, 05:13:12 AM »
Thanks tulagirl and glitterball!
And congratulations on the commission, Kiwi! :)

The weekend was pretty relaxed, I had a look over my diary to work out what needs brushing up on this week; journalling has proven incredibly helpful for staying on task so far!
The weather is still too harsh to go out in the hillside but I made up for that by staying active in other ways and the gales at night has been been keeping me awake a bit, which is annoying but there's not much that can be done about it, other than burrowing deeper into my nest of blankets.
To help with relaxing and winding down before bed, I nipped to the library and got some books out, a couple of comedies and a Carlos Ruiz Zafon book that somehow slipped my radar (his writing style is so vibrant, it's very refreshing!)
For the guitar this week, I've set myself the task of learning a couple new fingerpicking patterns (technically not much of a challenge, but still useful to know) and working on my left-hand dexterity, which is probably my biggest weakness at the moment. Where the violin is concerned, I've found some exercises that help with reading music, so I'm going to focus on those and make a start on playing scales as well.
And as for varying my diet this week, I've made a start by picking up a tin of chickpeas and there's some rice with pumpkin seeds that ought to go very nicely with my stash of things in the freezer. I'm thinking of picking up some different fruit to mix in with my usual cranberries as well (although the cranberries will forever be my favourite!)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2018, 06:51:09 AM »
Ehhh yesterday was almost as lazy as Saturday... 

Sat: Need to investigate what to do with thawed turkey.  Spaghetti sauce + boiled eggs need to be made. Continue on seam ripping.
Sun: Made spaghetti sauce, still have lots of seam ripping...
Mon: Seam ripping, DD's winter school break is over.  DH must help me cook turkey today.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2018, 07:23:31 AM »
Congrats on the commission Kiwi!
The last couple of days have been the same, drawing and Irish lessons. I am almost done coloring a sketch I started yesterday, I will have to post that later!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2018, 08:03:41 AM »
Tulagirl has the right idea! Here is to a New week. Did not keep myself on a good track, but I got some incentives. If I reach my 3 day walk goal this week I can wear one of my new work shirts. I got a replacement music book. I sold it before I lived on the boat and regretted it. Got it for Christmas, so hopefully I will play more....

Did anyone else see the 35th anniversary target ponies? I sold my 25th box ponies to make money for boat so I can get these...so if I have a good week, I can have a pony :cheer:

I can't find them anywhere and I am so bummed about it.  All the stores that say they have them, well, we went and they were no where.  I really like Snuzzle, Blossom, Bluebelle and Minty.  We have had no luck finding them.  So, I decided to stop looking for now. 

I am kind of sick this week, actually it is pretty bad and, I can't seem to get my stuff done right.  So, my plan is to do what I can.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Shatyr

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2018, 08:12:41 AM »
I got up and worked out this morning! Granted, it was a really, really short workout, but it's the first stepping stone towards my body adjusting to a new normal.

Tulagirl, I have an extra Snuzzle no one's asked me for yet. I also think there's a local Target I haven't yet plundered for ponies, so I could run by on Thursday to check on those other ones for you.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2018, 09:16:58 AM »
Not sure how much of a healthy pony day it's going to be for me as I don't feel well and I'm craving junk.

Shatyr, that's wonderful that you've lost 2lbs already.  :) and congrats on working out, Small steps really add up more than you might think they do.

Tulagirl. I'm sorry you're not feeling well either. I think the anniversary ponies are kind of hard to find right now. The first Target I checked didn't have any and the 2nd had one set stuck on an endcap at the back of the toy dept.  I could only afford to get one so I had to leave the others behind. I'm really hoping that the next pony I want, Butterscotch will be there when I'm able to get another pony.  I hope you're able to get your 35th anniversary Snuzzle, Minty and Bluebelle. 

Keep up the good work Safflower on your drawing and Irish lessons. I was inspired to go back to Duolingo and try to learn more French.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:19:16 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2018, 09:36:02 AM »
It's a new week for me. I was really crashing and being emotionally silly these past few days...so lost any progress.

So here is to a New week. I am writing my goals for the day and the week down, so hope I can get myself on track.

No 35th ponies for my area, but I can collect points so when I do see them I can get more than one:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2018, 09:48:56 AM »
Oh yeah. I finished my scarf on Sunday. It's being dried and stretched. Will post pictures. Now on to a requested pillow:) binge binge wink wink

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2018, 11:28:26 AM »
Well done on completing your scarf,  Crowning_Glory13, your points are adding up fast!  ;)

Get well soon, Ponyfan, drink something healthy each time a junk craving creeps up on you. Salty junk especially makes me feel hungrier and hungrier, gotta stem that salt!!

Shatyr, well done on your workout! And so sweet of you to offer to help Tulagirl, this is what I love about this sit, friendly folks who want to help others out  :heart: :heart: Tulagirl, hope you feel better soon  :hug:

Safflower, there's nothing quite like drawing and the sense of achievement when you have completed a piece  :)

lovesbabysquirmy - did the turkey meal turn out well?  ;)

Taproot, I crush/blend my (tinned) chickpeas + add fresh garlic, fresh ginger and some coriander leaves to make a kind of mush - goes well with salad leaves (I go for the mixed bags that are described as "Italian" style) - very fragrant, though!  :lol:

Spoiler
Boy oh boy, I worked hard today!
School run, then to parents, briefly, as it was en-route.
Straight to the old house. Cleared out all old clothes. DEMOLISHED the huge wardrobe plus the chest of drawers, cabinet, other wooden shelving. Two car trips to the dump - the textiles bin was open and I could actually walk into it and deposit the clothes! Plenty of wooden stuff removed too. Space is looking clearer and my head feels less stressed, too!  :cool:
It was almost 2pm and I had made a start on the next lot of trash to dump (for tomorrow). Dad had sorted through a lot of paperwork, too, and binned about 95% of it  :P This is what takes time - my Granny had a habit of putting photos and letters (and money!) inside book pages, so everything needs to be checked before blindly throwing away.
Temperature was hovering between 3 to 4 degrees C, my hands, although gloved, were really chilly. So pleased to get back in the car to return home - heated seats aaahhhhhh!
Hot shower that turned into a bath (water so cosy) + washed my hair - feeling satisfied and nice n clean.
More tomorrow!  :yikes:
Hmm challenge will be:
to somehow get rid of lots of crates of household cleaning products that had accumulated over the years; need to see where I can deposit them as the dump has designated areas for certain items.
Clearing out a bunch of old + broken gardening machinery + ancient vacuum cleaners (she kept all her broken ones??!!).
dumping old pots + pans - no use to me or my folks so they must go, no time or patience to gumtree/freecycle them, just want it all cleared asap.
^ all this should clear 2/3 of the garage space. Beyond that is boxes of stuff, other stacked furniture, 2 empty freezers and then the mysterious mound of I-don't-know-what-is-hidden-underneath some sheets against the wall. Oh fun (!)
 :lol:

Foodwise - been very good (too busy to crave junk) and had enough calories spare to FINALLY have some Angel Delight tonight haha!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal