collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)  (Read 66671 times)

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
Re: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2017, 10:14:05 AM »
Spoiler
I love watching the bronies be butthurt over this. Someone should tell them MLP doesn't start and end with FiM.
I agree so much with you. :lol: This is really hilarious to see.
That's a bit mean to those who are upset that something they love is coming to an end. :huh:

Don't worry, I don't laugh at their suffering.  :blush: Sometimes their posts are just funny and over the top, it makes me giggle.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2017, 10:16:04 AM »
Heres my little rant about G5
Spoiler
After reading though all the g5 stuff what I don't understand is why do they hate anything "horsey" like. I mean they ARE horses so its only natural for them to look like horses. >_< I mean I'm not expecting them to start making toys that look like Breyers, but I don't see the problem with some horse characteristics. Maybe I'm just crazy here, but wasn't the whole idea behind the mlp franchise that little girls like horses? :P

Agreed x Infinity.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2017, 10:17:42 AM »
Spoiler
I like the style, the detail, and body proportions/variations, but why is the hair so big? Other than that I'll be disappointed if they end up using practically the same exact character designs in G5 as they did in G4. I like what they did with AJ, but Twilight and Fluttershy are way too similar for my taste.

...big 80s hair is making a comeback?

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2017, 01:48:10 PM »
I finally got up to speed with what's happened.  It's actually kind of neat.  The art looks ok.

Spoiler
But personally, I would prefer all new characters at least.  I think it would be hard for people to see their favorites turned into new personalities with different back stories.  I never really cared for it when they did it to Transformers, even when the writing was good.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2017, 01:52:03 PM »
Well I guess it was too much to ask to have HORSE FACED HORSES.
First reaction:
Disappoint.
Second reaction:
If they get a really good toy sculptor to do the toys we could have something pretty, like people have been saying here so far. Big hair? Big fine with me because always the combing hair toy has long hair or it's no fun. (Like, your brushy twi, she has hair past her feet while the show it's shoulder length) If they want to represent that in the art, fine/not bothering me. In my opinion there's hope for this gen to give real pretty ponies.

G1 show art was often awwwwwwful. They just basically could. not. draw. fronts. The eyes migrated all over their heads (but not as bad as g4), there was some real wonkiness and that's not even counting miscolored chars, wrong voices used, and other stuff. Just the art. If you looked at the G1 cartoon and never saw the toy you'd expect the toy to be doughy and awful. But they weren't, they were amazing,

LittleKirara
YES THIS. Stop trying to put emojis on end-tables and say it's ponies. The point of them is that they look different from, and are not humans, nor cats nor flat faced pug dogs in rainbow colors.

However...
I do say that after having seen the art I feel it's an improvement over this late-stage G4 stuff we have, especially after the brushable reboot.
It just seemed like everything was making the heads rounder & rounder and more like big balloons. That, or those emoji faces...I think. Like that "From the Front" art that they'll do for any character where like...it's LITERALLY a stupid smily face but with a pushed up arch for the nose. A circle with 2 big eyes and a smily mouth. These circle heads just don't...pony for me. Like the RADZ balls heads or the ones where their head is a cupcake/box.

GOH: At least these look like the show.
I quit on bubble-head-brushies (only getting BigMac & Soarin because their face) out of the line.
I can't even bring myself to get a seapony because of the balloon head with bitsy-nose and humongous orb eyes. It's like...I love seaponies. I love mermaid stuff I WANT to like them...but then here comes wall-eyed Skystar and........nope.

Setting Up for More Work:
To whoever mentioned "well how is hasbroken going to cheap out and mess these up...."
Spot on?
Actual.............whoa.........different bodies for different characters? Everypony can't be made in the same boring, static mold just changing the color? Is that more than Hasbro can handle??? Characters who aren't just a pallet swap and 1 accessory? (wing/horn) Actual effort? "Color me" surprised. Maybe. Unless they ruin it and make 1 mold and throw it all out.

I personally would love different body types for ponies.
AJ with the hairy legs and coat pattern, twi with the actual hooves under the ankle fur, smooth leg Rarity, give each character a distinctive silhouette--as we are taught to do in art school to make things interesting. They were all basically a cookie-cutter save for their hair previously. Maybe somebody's taller, shorter, maybe AJ is wide/big like a Clydesdale or rarity is dainty like a deer or something. Mix it up.

Same characters....yea this is odd.
If you're gonna have the same chars with the same colors....leave them the same species. So if it's the same mane gang (only saw 3 of them in the art) they can't really call it a reboot. And the art, while different...isn't THAT different. Esp. Twi where you can see them blunting/rounding the face and putting the eyes in human positions as g4 had it. So maybe this is "G4.5" that we've been waiting on if it's thaaaat similar & same cast anyway.

Still, quite intrigued as to where this could go.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2017, 02:42:57 PM »
LittleKirara, I couldn't agree more. They ARE horses, what's with this stupid "they can't be horsey!!!" crap? We went through this back in G3 ("they're not HORSES they're LITTLE GIRLS!!"), one of the things I actually liked about G4 was that they seem to have gone back to more of a mix of anthro and horse (if that makes sense.. I dunno how to put it) X__X

My curiosity forced me at gunpoint to look at the leaked episodes after they were uploaded to Youtube. I only saw 6, and two had full music and sound effects.  Overall they were pretty good.
Spoiler
Celestia is so cute in that one. Chrysalis had a cute moment too that I saved as a GIF).
It looks like they are going to try "outside music" for some scenes. The Big Mac episode has 2 clips of Take My Breath Away, and the Surf and/or Turf ep' had Don't You Forget About Me at the end. As if those 80's references weren't enough; the Horse Play ep' had the return of the character Raspberry Beret (she last appeared in "Made in Manehattan". I thought she was a new character at first. I didn't even remember seeing her before. Gonna' be making a brushable custom of her).
I think that music was more likely "filler" music. I was fun though.

I haven't seen the eps in question but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case; I've heard of a few cartoons using "actual" music as placeholders to show the composer for the show the kind of feel they want for the scene, etc. (I recall one Adventure Time animatic clip that had "Never Gonna Give You Up" playing in the background; the final episode had it replaced with generic muzak)

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2017, 02:53:40 PM »
So it wasn't just one person. Well the initial hack was, but then that person shared the login data to those chan sites and soon several other people began accessing it. If they weren't hiding behind a proxy or VPN though their timestamped IP address would've been  recorded by the server, so those people are a little scared now.   :sly:

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2017, 03:03:33 PM »
hum.

I'd like to see a show about some different ponies, not the same 6 all the time. The show has honestly gotten quite repetitive with it's themes, stories and concept/plot. New, fresh different toys would be cool. Something bigger than the brushable line they do not - something more akin to G1.

I wouldn't mind a MLP show that had characters which were more pony 'like'.

However, I'm not holding my breath thinking Hasbro and the company that makes the cartoon are going to give me what I want. And hacking into a website is one thing; just because there are 'ideas' for new MLP, doesn't automatically make it something they're going to go with - even if it was stolen from original sources.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2017, 04:05:01 PM »
All I care about is that any future toys should be bigger.  And not have molded hair.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2017, 04:23:01 PM »
Ultimately regardless of what happens with the core ponies' designs (I would prefer we have as little resemblance to G3 Core 7 or G4 Mane 6 ponies as possible), my main want is for them to not constantly re-release whoever ends up being in G5's core ponies over and over again. I want the wide variety of ponies there were to buy in G1 through pre-Core 7 G3 again.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2017, 04:32:22 PM »
I would prefer to have lots of characters as well. I really like the "gotta catch em all" feel of the toys. If Hasbro wants to follow what is popular, they will do that. All the blind bags and toy lines like Shopkins should be giving them a hint.

I don't mind the big hair, I quite like it. I think ponies look really pretty with lots of hair :)

And I agree with the everyone who is saying that they should look like horses. It's called My Little Pony, not My Little Semi Identifiable Animal! I seriously wonder why they are like that. I can't think of any reason that ponies shouldn't look like ponies :blink:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2017, 04:37:57 PM »
Did anyone read the part about the worlds?  They're going have a cloud pegasus city again?  The earth ponies live in an earth tone world?  Come on, use some creativity.

The earth ponies could live in a world rich in crystals to provide some variance in color.  They could even "grow" their buildings from crystals (not ugly lumps of the Crystal Empire but beautiful structures of crystal).  They're still farmers and miners with a strong connection to nature, but make it more fantastic.

The pegasi are island ponies.  They aren't much for farming, but who needs to farm when you can fly up and grab a coconut?  Hibiscus flowers in the manes of fillies and young mares, and leis around necks in the tropics while temperature and colder weather isles have a more adventurous breed.  They're also good friends of the sea ponies who live in the reefs below the waves.

I thought of this in two minutes.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2017, 06:21:57 PM »
Well I guess it was too much to ask to have HORSE FACED HORSES.
First reaction:
Disappoint.
Second reaction:
If they get a really good toy sculptor to do the toys we could have something pretty, like people have been saying here so far. Big hair? Big fine with me because always the combing hair toy has long hair or it's no fun. (Like, your brushy twi, she has hair past her feet while the show it's shoulder length) If they want to represent that in the art, fine/not bothering me. In my opinion there's hope for this gen to give real pretty ponies.

G1 show art was often awwwwwwful. They just basically could. not. draw. fronts. The eyes migrated all over their heads (but not as bad as g4), there was some real wonkiness and that's not even counting miscolored chars, wrong voices used, and other stuff. Just the art. If you looked at the G1 cartoon and never saw the toy you'd expect the toy to be doughy and awful. But they weren't, they were amazing,

LittleKirara
YES THIS. Stop trying to put emojis on end-tables and say it's ponies. The point of them is that they look different from, and are not humans, nor cats nor flat faced pug dogs in rainbow colors.

However...
I do say that after having seen the art I feel it's an improvement over this late-stage G4 stuff we have, especially after the brushable reboot.
It just seemed like everything was making the heads rounder & rounder and more like big balloons. That, or those emoji faces...I think. Like that "From the Front" art that they'll do for any character where like...it's LITERALLY a stupid smily face but with a pushed up arch for the nose. A circle with 2 big eyes and a smily mouth. These circle heads just don't...pony for me. Like the RADZ balls heads or the ones where their head is a cupcake/box.

GOH: At least these look like the show.
I quit on bubble-head-brushies (only getting BigMac & Soarin because their face) out of the line.
I can't even bring myself to get a seapony because of the balloon head with bitsy-nose and humongous orb eyes. It's like...I love seaponies. I love mermaid stuff I WANT to like them...but then here comes wall-eyed Skystar and........nope.

Setting Up for More Work:
To whoever mentioned "well how is hasbroken going to cheap out and mess these up...."
Spot on?
Actual.............whoa.........different bodies for different characters? Everypony can't be made in the same boring, static mold just changing the color? Is that more than Hasbro can handle??? Characters who aren't just a pallet swap and 1 accessory? (wing/horn) Actual effort? "Color me" surprised. Maybe. Unless they ruin it and make 1 mold and throw it all out.

I personally would love different body types for ponies.
AJ with the hairy legs and coat pattern, twi with the actual hooves under the ankle fur, smooth leg Rarity, give each character a distinctive silhouette--as we are taught to do in art school to make things interesting. They were all basically a cookie-cutter save for their hair previously. Maybe somebody's taller, shorter, maybe AJ is wide/big like a Clydesdale or rarity is dainty like a deer or something. Mix it up.

Same characters....yea this is odd.
If you're gonna have the same chars with the same colors....leave them the same species. So if it's the same mane gang (only saw 3 of them in the art) they can't really call it a reboot. And the art, while different...isn't THAT different. Esp. Twi where you can see them blunting/rounding the face and putting the eyes in human positions as g4 had it. So maybe this is "G4.5" that we've been waiting on if it's thaaaat similar & same cast anyway.

Still, quite intrigued as to where this could go.

Great post!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2017, 07:25:13 PM »
I've been in the pony community since before the G2s came out, so none of this is any kind of surprise to me.  The toy line has shown obvious signs of winding down for a few years now.  The toys are the driving force behind the show, so if the toys are having the usual late-generation problems, Hasbro's going to be making some serious changes everywhere.

Having been in the pony community when the G2s came out, and having witnessed the whole "Shadow War" thing in person, I find it very interesting that Hasbro seems to have gone towards a G2 style design.  They weren't prepared for the blowback over the G2s back in 1997, and most of that was due to the long legged design. The G4 fanbase is much bigger and even more opinionated than MLP collectors were back in the day.  It's going to be interesting to see how it all shakes out. 

I was hoping that there would *finally* be a break between generations when G4s ended, but if all the information is correct, it looks like that's not going to happen.  Maybe it should.  A "cooling off" period between generations to give the more rabid G4 fans a chance to calm down might have been a good idea.  Also, having brand new ponies in stores sharing shelf space with last year's unsold peg warmers always sucks a bit of the excitement out any new release.  They're probably trying to keep the old G4 momentum up, but a break to clear out old stock and a fresh start a bit later might have made things a bit easier and more exciting for the fans of the older ponies.

*shrugs*
I've personally witnessed every MLP generation change, so this really doesn't bother me in the slightest.  G4s have definitely had their time and run their course.  I just hope Hasbro goes away from the Core 7/Mane 6 garbage, and back to the huge variety that you could see in the G1s and most of the G3 line. 

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2017, 11:52:01 PM »
Spoiler
Shining Armour and his family appear at the end of the opening, along with Celestia and Luna

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal