collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rarest/most sought after/expensive of the 2nd set of adult sea ponies?  (Read 361 times)

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Sea Breeze, Whitecap, Sea Mist, Wavejumper, Sand Dollar or High Tide? Or are they all equally rare/expensive?
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Rarest/most sought after/expensive of the 2nd set of adult sea ponies?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 09:51:20 AM »
They're all scarce and in-demand, thus expensive.

White Cap and Sea Mist are the hardest to find in pristine condition IMO, simply because they discolour so very easily.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 12:27:41 PM »
High tide seems to run for cheaper out of the lot of them, still expensive thou but if you look around you can get her for $45 ish. The others are all equally pricey

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »
I would agree that pristine versions of the two white ones probably top the list. If not for that factor, it's hard to say. In my case, the first and easiest one for me to find was Sea Breeze (my first ebay buy 19 years ago for $5) but her shell is still the only one I don't have, so I have no idea what that says about her rarity. Somewhere there must be a shell that is missing its pony, because logic dictates there should be equal numbers of shells and ponies out there...

They weren't sold here so it's hard for me to judge on the ground rarity. I would agree High Tide being one of the easier ones, but that only because hers is the only box I have managed to be able to scrabble together...but then there's the pink hair issue. Come to think of it, Wave Jumper and High Tide have potential fading issues that may impact their value.

In conclusion...really hard to know but I think those that have common flaws are probably top of the list if in good condition without those flaws.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal