collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blueberry Baskets different issues?  (Read 549 times)

Offline therestornadosinmysoup

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Blueberry Baskets different issues?
« on: October 03, 2017, 09:55:57 PM »
I haven't posted here in forever but I feel a return is necessary  :)

I've just noticed the Blueberry Baskets I've had in my extras drawer for a few years is stamped 'China' while the one in my collection is Hong Kong. Is the China one a UK issue or was she available everywhere too?

Thanks!  :P

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Blueberry Baskets different issues?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 03:14:44 AM »
Yep, there are a few sets like that. TAF (adults & MO Babies), MO Pearlized, Summer wing & Sweetberry to name a few.
With the Sweet Berry & TAF (both mom & babe) there isn't too much variation between the 2 factories. I have no idea which is more common, but value-wise I don't think it makes a difference. Personally I collect them both.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 05:41:53 AM »
I haven't posted here in forever but I feel a return is necessary  :)

I've just noticed the Blueberry Baskets I've had in my extras drawer for a few years is stamped 'China' while the one in my collection is Hong Kong. Is the China one a UK issue or was she available everywhere too?

Thanks!  :P

Blueberry Baskets was not sold in the UK.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 07:54:52 AM »
I believe both HK and China versions were released in the USA.   I don't think the China versions are as common, but both can be found without too much trouble.

Maybe it's just random, but the China Sweetberry ponies I've run across seem to have yellowed more easily than the HK versions.   Could just be bad luck, but could also be a tell-tale factory difference.

I also have a China pat-pend and China non-pat-pend of Boysenberry/Blackberry Pie.  The middle pony's difference in color is somewhat due to yellowing, but the left and right ponies' shades of purple are definitely and obviously different.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 07:56:36 AM by ashlyne »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 01:18:51 PM »
I believe both HK and China versions were released in the USA.   I don't think the China versions are as common, but both can be found without too much trouble.

Maybe it's just random, but the China Sweetberry ponies I've run across seem to have yellowed more easily than the HK versions.   

I think we only had China versions over here, but that is within keeping with the pattern of when there are multiple manufacturing versions. Because we get them a little later, it makes sense that the US would have one release and then the next and we'd pick up on the later release (it seems to happen a lot particularly in 1991-2 but it obviously happens earlier).

I have noticed at least from photos that Chinese Cherry Treats in the US still seem to have forelocks? I have only seen one or two. My childhood Chinese one has no forelock.

Blueberry Baskets wasn't sold here so can't comment on her in any way shape or form, but I would have said the opposite to what ashlyne said about discolouration. All the discoloured Cherry Treats I've ever seen in images have been from HK. My childhood Cherry Treats and all others I've seen here have been from China, and I haven't ever had one discoloured that was made in China.

That may be different manufacturing processes for different markets, though. I hope that there is a US release Cherry Treats waiting for me at home, but I don't know yet whether she is China or HK made...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 01:32:34 PM »
I have noticed at least from photos that Chinese Cherry Treats in the US still seem to have forelocks? I have only seen one or two. My childhood Chinese one has no forelock.
Blueberry Baskets wasn't sold here so can't comment on her in any way shape or form, but I would have said the opposite to what ashlyne said about discolouration. All the discoloured Cherry Treats I've ever seen in images have been from HK. My childhood Cherry Treats and all others I've seen here have been from China, and I haven't ever had one discoloured that was made in China.

That may be different manufacturing processes for different markets, though. I hope that there is a US release Cherry Treats waiting for me at home, but I don't know yet whether she is China or HK made...

My China one has a forelock, like my HK one (hard to see in the photo though)  Here's a pretty badly discolored China one, but yes, the ones released in the UK could've been produced differently, or even scented using a different formula according to guidelines that each country has.  A number of possibilities. Or, maybe the China ones I have were just stored in poor conditions.  Most of the ones I have came from one source.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 01:44:17 PM »
So apparently we have a hairstyle conflict of opinion between the UK and the US, that spans two manufacturing locations? xD I am so amused by that but i thought that was the case, that the US release had a forelock.

My childhood one (China, no forelock):

She needs a light clean but she's not discoloured, just a bit dusty from living in my cupboard.

I also have one with her card, bubble, brush and ribbon...she's not MOC but she came to me all put together so I kept her like it. She's also China, also has no forelock and also is still very white. Her card is UK. I don't think I have a picture for it...it's one of the pictures I need to take still...I think.

Oh, she's in this picture, but you can't see her lack of forelock. Can see her colour is still very white though xD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal