collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Jurassic Park toys?  (Read 426 times)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Jurassic Park toys?
« on: May 12, 2017, 04:27:33 PM »
Is anyone selling any of theirs? Imma hankering for some dinos haha XD
Mostly looking for raptors :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 04:42:48 PM by Pikashoes »

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: Jurassic Park toys?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 05:36:01 PM »
Not me, sorry! Those raptors are addicting!
Good luck acquiring some!!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 07:37:32 PM »
Oh they're really cute! If I started collecting them I'd probably get addicted and amass quite a few. Good luck hunting some down. ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 09:43:35 PM »
Not me, sorry! Those raptors are addicting!
Good luck acquiring some!!
Omg they really are! I hope I get all the luck cause these guys are hard to come by!

Post Merge: May 12, 2017, 09:44:47 PM

Oh they're really cute! If I started collecting them I'd probably get addicted and amass quite a few. Good luck hunting some down. ^.^
Thanks so much!
But don't do it, you'll just droll over the pretty raptors!

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 12:15:11 AM »
That electric blue one in the first photo was a treasured childhood toy of mine--I still keep her in my room amongst the "favorites". XD

Good hunting!
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 09:19:04 AM »
That electric blue one in the first photo was a treasured childhood toy of mine--I still keep her in my room amongst the "favorites". XD

Good hunting!
That's one of my top ones Im hunting for haha, but for real her colors are amazing!

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 04:49:07 PM »

Good hunting!
That's one of my top ones Im hunting for haha, but for real her colors are amazing!

She really does stand out from the others! That's probably why I picked her out, back when I was four years old. X3 I hope you can find one of your own! :)

These toys bring back so many memories... X3
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 07:19:48 PM »

Good hunting!

She really does stand out from the others! That's probably why I picked her out, back when I was four years old. X3 I hope you can find one of your own! :)

She does!!!
I just won a bid for one on eBay. Though the owner colored on her with red marker. Seeing if I can clean her up when I get her.

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 09:11:18 PM »

Good hunting!

She does!!!
I just won a bid for one on eBay. Though the owner colored on her with red marker. Seeing if I can clean her up when I get her.

Ooh, congrats! I would try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser--those things are amazing for getting marker out of plastic. I always use them on my "fixer-upper" items. ^^

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 09:27:38 PM »

Good hunting!

She does!!!

Ooh, congrats! I would try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser--those things are amazing for getting marker out of plastic. I always use them on my "fixer-upper" items. ^^

I'm kinda worried magic erasers will tear off the paint. Searching through ebay I found a lot of this raptor with chipped paint. I'm thinking toothbrush and soap.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:29:27 PM by Pikashoes »

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 09:36:39 PM »

Good hunting!

She does!!!

Spoiler

I'm kinda worried magic erasers will tear off the paint. Searching through ebay I found a lot of this raptor with chipped paint. I'm thinking toothbrush and soap.

Hmm... I'm usually more afraid of a toothbrush, but that probably depends on what kind of plastic you're dealing with. I might just try a rinse with some Dawn first, and see if that clears any marker out of the crevices... Some marker stains come out really easily with just running water and soap!

Mine is still very minty, and has a sort of gloss to her, so I'm surprised that so many on the used market have paint wear--it looked rather well-sealed. :(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:38:19 PM by Nemesis »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 12:22:48 AM »
Magic Eraser is just a fine sandpaper, it WILL take off paint if you are aggressive enough with it.
I'd go with a toothbrush and soap to start with, work up from there.  Alas I have no raptors to spare, rather attached to all my dinos.  Many of these recolours I haven't seen before!
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2017, 01:40:53 AM »

Good hunting!

She does!!!

Spoiler

Hmm... I'm usually more afraid of a toothbrush, but that probably depends on what kind of plastic you're dealing with. I might just try a rinse with some Dawn first, and see if that clears any marker out of the crevices... Some marker stains come out really easily with just running water and soap!

Mine is still very minty, and has a sort of gloss to her, so I'm surprised that so many on the used market have paint wear--it looked rather well-sealed. :(
I'll see what I can get off with regular water and soap when I get her. Then get a baby tooth brush and see what I can get off from there. Will post pictures when she arrives :)

Post Merge: May 14, 2017, 01:42:38 AM

Magic Eraser is just a fine sandpaper, it WILL take off paint if you are aggressive enough with it.
I'd go with a toothbrush and soap to start with, work up from there.  Alas I have no raptors to spare, rather attached to all my dinos.  Many of these recolours I haven't seen before!
I know! I'm really surprised how many others there are! Makes hunting a bit more exciting!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 01:42:38 AM by Pikashoes »

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 05:35:49 AM »

Ooh, hadn't thought of that... :/ Yeah, I guess if the paint is prone to chipping, that's best saved as a last resort. Good to know! I've mostly used Magic Erasers on solid colors, so I wasn't aware of how corrosive they could be to paint...

And yeah, I never knew how many raptor variants there were! I'm loving that last one in the second pic!

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 06:53:39 PM »
I finally got her! A first of a starting collection!

So she is as bad as the picture I showed, red marker all over her back and her teeth! The original owner said they put marker on her to make it looks bloody. In a kids perspective I understand, but... No... So into the bath she went!

Scrubby Scrubby! A soft toothbrush and soap and results are stunning!

Almost as good as new!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal