collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Best way to fight mold/cancer?  (Read 710 times)

Offline Sochy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Best way to fight mold/cancer?
« on: April 05, 2017, 07:31:17 PM »
Hello everybody!

Well, Im little worried since I notice some cancer in some of my ponies. Ones have old marks that I remember of when I purchase them. I clened them in hot water, with some cream Cif (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cif)

But today I notice in speciall my Seven Tales BonBon. I can say she is near mint! Sadly there are two ugly cancer spots in her face.
In the photos they look pretty, well, not black, but is because the flash.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What is the best way to stop this? I know I cant delete the black spot at all (Im thinking of paint over it) but killing all the bacteria would be a good idea.

I reat a lot online about Oxiclean, sadly shops here dont sell it. But I found a really similar one, called "Vanish" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanish_(brand) Im pretty sure Vanish dont have bleach in they recipe, since is mostly for clothes.

I was thinking on use some Vinegar? Or maybe soda? (But I dont know wich one)

Some recomendations would be awesome! Im so scared that I cleaning all my over +100G1 and later Im going to clean the G3s and G4  >_<
Also Im thinking of buying a Dehumidifier (Since Uruguay have a constant 60-80% humidity all year), but since is not cheap for now I put an anti humidity bag near them.

My Art/Free Art (Closed)/Wishlist

Amazing little Dulce de Leche pixel by Weebkinz!

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to fight mold/cancer?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 09:00:52 PM »
cancer can be temporarily removed with oxyclean, but it will come back. mold can be removed with oxyclean and when done right and left correctly to dry, it usually stays away! i would definitely recommend investing in a dehumidifier when you can, or the mold will likely just keep coming back : (

wishlist

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 07:12:50 AM »
There isn't anything to be done about cancer spots - they are just a product of natural breakdown in a vinyl toy.  I would get a dehumidifier for sure, because the climate in which you are keeping ponies is the #1 contributor to vinyl breakdown.  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:00:55 AM »
Ive had some success blanching cancer spots by boiling the pony for over an hour but have not tried it on that particular pony and it can seriously damage the color and its experimental.

More certain is using an incandesent light bulb left on all the time to dry up your humidity. Its very effective and is used to keep mold from forming inside sailboats stored at a dock. Im using one in my metal shed and it's working.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 12:02:42 PM »
Ive had some success blanching cancer spots by boiling the pony for over an hour but have not tried it on that particular pony and it can seriously damage the color and its experimental.

More certain is using an incandesent light bulb left on all the time to dry up your humidity. Its very effective and is used to keep mold from forming inside sailboats stored at a dock. Im using one in my metal shed and it's working.

This may just be my experience, but while it does halt progression of the cancer growth my childhood ponies I had been desperate to save suffered greatly from bleaching. The colors, the paint, the hair- it just didn't do them any favors. I just thought I'd add my 2 cents so others can make an informed decision on the benefits vs risks.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 06:32:40 PM »
I said boiling not bleaching. I used the word "blanche" specifically to distinguish the effect from anything that might be confused as using chlorine bleach.

While some here are adamant that bleach is safe, many more insist bleach is very bad and i trust the opinons of the second group.

Do Not Bleach Ponies please.

Boiling is also unsafe. To be clear. Offered as experimental option only.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal