collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Using sanitizing wipes on ponies?  (Read 388 times)

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Using sanitizing wipes on ponies?
« on: February 12, 2017, 06:34:26 AM »
Hi everyone
I hope this question will not look silly, I've researched around a bit and without conclusive results I thought it might be good to throw it out here

I have been cleaning ponies (particularly G1 in this case) for quite some time, and my first step has always been to wipe the pony once with a sanitizing wipe basically just to kill gems as that is a big concern to me

My question is do you think this may be in the long run detrimental to the PVC?

I use bleach free clorox wipes and I don't see chlorine in the active ingredients but it does contain chloride

Is it a step you do, or would skip? Thank you so much for your time and input!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Using sanitizing wipes on ponies?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 07:03:32 AM »
I would say skip unless you have an issue with your immune system or are prone to bugs.  We are constantly surrounded by germs, germs of every kind from every where.  I always wash my hands when I get in from public spaces like the shop.  Soap and water kills most germs and most others don't last longer than 24h outside the human body.  So I'd say the risks are minimal.  Unless you steal the pony directly from a child in which case I would wipe it  :P

MRSA does last a lot longer but don't unless you have open wounds (i.e. cuts, recent stitches) are very young, elderly or have a low immune system: http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/how-long-do-bacteria-and-viruses-live-outside-the-body.aspx

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Using sanitizing wipes on ponies?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 06:32:53 AM »
Haha thank you so much Artemesia! Yes it makes sense to skip it when presented with those facts, no need to put more chemicals on my ponies when I go ahead and wash them anyway
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal