collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fav Gen 2 MLP toys  (Read 900 times)

GEN123MLP

• Trade Count: (0)
Fav Gen 2 MLP toys
« on: February 05, 2017, 03:12:01 PM »
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a fav Gen 2 MLP toy? I do have some. I also like one mlp gen 2 Bride but she isn't one of my favs.
Out of the
1. Secret Surprise Friends? Mine would be Morning Glory
2. Magic Motion Friends? Mine would be Petal Blossom
3. Royal Lady Ponies? Mine would be Lady Light Heart
4. Princess Ponies? Mine would be Princess Twinkle Star
5. Royal Wedding ponies? Mine would be Prince Clever Clover
6. Royal Masquerade Ball ponies? Mine would be Princess Sky Skimmer
I also love the Gen 2 MLPs that have crystal eyes but I couldn't find what type they are under. Oh well. I love the pink ones the best!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Fav Gen 2 MLP toys
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 06:36:14 PM »
One of my favorite G2 ponies is Princess Star Swirl, who I bought from overseas with her little dragon and his castle when I was younger. I also have a soft spot for Sky Skimmer -- so lovely, with her Posey-like colors :) Berry Bright is adorable, and Moonshadow has a lovely color scheme and deep blue eyes, though I find her neck distracting. I also like Secret Tale (so pretty!), Tipsy Tulip (weird name and interesting color scheme), Satin Splash, and certain European releases, especially the babies.

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 07:43:19 AM »
I like most all of the G2 ponies, with the possible exception of the magic motion sets.  More often than not, there is a color mismatch on the part that moves.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 07:49:15 AM »
All of them?

I guess if I had to pick favorites though I like the long haired Ivy from the Pretty Parlour, Dainty Dove, and Silver Swirl.

Some agreement on the Magic Motion ponies as well. The ones with the neck bubble bug me a bit, I don't mind the leg discoloration though.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 08:07:20 AM »
I've never seen one in person but some of my favorites are:
Princess Crystal and Prince Firefly
Baby Sweet Snowflake
Copper Glow
Nosey and Click
Lady Waterfall
Eve the dolphin pony
Puff
Hip Holly
Teddy
Water Lily
Her Majesty Ballerina
Miss Painter
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:13:14 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 08:23:01 AM »
I have some that I remember fondly. Berry Bright in particular, as she was my first I think. I dont remember all of them, though I also loved Silver Swirl. And a special mention has to come for Hip Vomit (aka Hip Holly), who is still the most memorable G2 pony of the lot for me. I still remember how badly her plastic smelt when sister decarded hers in paris years ago. (Hence where the nickname came from xD).

My Hip Holly I kept on card then lost her for fifteen years. Found her two summers ago, and am sincerely glad she's still on the card...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 08:51:33 AM »
G2 isn't my favourite, but I have to love Princess Golden Light!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 09:19:18 AM »
Oh, how could I forget! I love Silver Glow. Lovely colors and some childhood nostalgia thrown in. I think she and Silver Swirl were my only two G2 unicorns (there aren't very many; or are there . . .)

I like most all of the G2 ponies, with the possible exception of the magic motion sets.  More often than not, there is a color mismatch on the part that moves.
Unfortunately true!

And a special mention has to come for Hip Vomit (aka Hip Holly), who is still the most memorable G2 pony of the lot for me. I still remember how badly her plastic smelt when sister decarded hers in paris years ago. (Hence where the nickname came from xD).
XD

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 11:25:31 PM »
Oh I have plenty of faves.   :biggrin:  :P

Ill just list them by the release year. These ponies were played with aloot.

1997 - Light Heart with Canopy Bed (She was my first G2) Loved also the bed that came with her.
1998 - Magic Motion Satin Splash & Magic Motion Moonshadow. They both had gorgeus accessories that came with them.
1999 - Secret Surprise Hip Holly. All of the princess ponies! Royal Castle Ballroom with Princess Morning Glory. I loved the castle. Also had most of the Royal ponies, they had some amaizing accessories.
2000 - Light Up Family Ponies & Princess/Prince ponies, all of them. The twin baby ponies were awsome too.
2001 - Princess ponies & Unicorns with Magic Wings, all of them. Anniversary Set with Festives become one of my faves too.

The rest of G2 releases never made it into my plays, since I stopped playing. But just by collecting them, I have faves there too.

Thank you :heart:

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 12:09:14 AM »
I love the babies the most. My favorite childhood set was Lightheart with baby Tickleheart. Besides that I really like the magicians and unicorns  ^.^
And some ponies I really like because of their accessories, for example gardener :)

Bommels

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 07:19:30 AM »
1. Secret Surprise Friends? Sky Skimmer. She's the first G2 I ever got and I loved her dearly! Also Petal Blossom, who belonged to my brother.
2. Magic Motion Friends? I can't decide xD I love Moon Shadow and Ivy, and as a kid, I desperately wanted Tipsy Tulip but could never get my hands on her.
3. Princess Ponies? Princess Crystal, closely followed by Princess Silver Swirl.

Basically, my favorites are almost all of the G2 ponies from the early years ^^; There's just so much nostalgia connected to them. I also think they make really great toys! Not only do you get the pretty pony, but each one of them had a different gimmick and some more toys to play with. Especially Secret Tale is super pretty and has a unique feature and unusual color combo!
The playsets were pretty cool, too. I remember when I got the Rainbow Forest for my birthday :) I still have it, and even the batteries were still working!

All in all, I have so much love for G2 ^_^ More G2 appreciation, please ♥

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 07:24:10 AM »
I have some that I remember fondly. Berry Bright in particular, as she was my first I think. I dont remember all of them, though I also loved Silver Swirl. And a special mention has to come for Hip Vomit (aka Hip Holly), who is still the most memorable G2 pony of the lot for me. I still remember how badly her plastic smelt when sister decarded hers in paris years ago. (Hence where the nickname came from xD).

My Hip Holly I kept on card then lost her for fifteen years. Found her two summers ago, and am sincerely glad she's still on the card...

Eww.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 07:31:34 AM »
Ivy. (and her baby, Fern) My first pony and my favourite of all time. <3

I love most G2s, though!! Especially the babies, they're so cute.

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 05:14:16 AM »
Princess Crystal is probably my most favorite but other favorites are Merry Moments, Princess Silver Swirl, Princess Silver Rain, Princess Trixie Belle, Ivy from the Beauty Parlor, Bright Bramley, Wing Song, Dainty Dove and of course Clever Clover as he was my first. I also really like the Twins Play Area sets esp. the slide and seesaw sets. And I also like Prince Firefly, Snowball, Glittery Heart, Bubble, Curly and Sweet Berry from the kitchen.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal