collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need some help!  (Read 984 times)

Dizz

• Trade Count: (0)
Need some help!
« on: February 02, 2017, 07:10:24 PM »
Hi everyone!   I need some help.  I am looking to sell a lot of 180 or so MLP.   They were my sister's when she was younger, but she no longer wants them.  She thought she would give them to her daughter, but she had 2 boys, lol.   I'm looking to find out exactly what I have (my sister doesn't really remember) and whether or not I should try and sell it as a lot or individually.  If anyone could give me some prices, that would be awesome!   I took some group pictures, but I can try to take individual pictures.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Need some help!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 07:43:14 PM »
Ohhh you have some pretty choice ponies you'd be able to get a decent price for individually, and some sets to sell together :faint:
I'm going to let the experts give you prices though, and I'll do my best at stalking the thread

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 08:16:26 PM »
WOW! You have a lot of great ponies there, holy cow! Even some lovely customs! (Oh man, I love that custom Baby Salty especially, what a cutie!!) First off, you're probably gonna do better (financially) selling the rare/expensive ponies in single listings, and putting the more common ponies in groups. A website like the My Little Wiki will really help you there! http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Main_Page I would have redirected you to Kim's Dream Valley site, but she closed it down. :(

The first photo has two mermaid ponies, which are much more rare/sought-after than the standard sea pony! Baby Buttons and Baby Palm Tree will probably also be more on the pricey side, $15-25 or so? (I'm not as aware of current prices, I'm just trying to help you pull out the 'rares' from each photo!) Flurry with the bright pink hair will also fetch a pretty penny! Baby Applejack is also a UK exclusive, so she'll be more expensive if you sell her with shipping to the US!

Second photo has the cute Baby Salty custom (he's got a boat on his bum!), which will be worthless to some collectors, and desirable to others! If he has all his hair/paint intact, I'd say start him at $15 if you want to be sure he'll sell, or maybe a BIN of like $25? Customs are hard to price secondhand! You also have two mail-order Twice As Fancy babies - those have been really high lately, like $100+!! Definitely sell them separately! (Those are Baby Dancing Butterflies and Baby Sweet Tooth!) Baby Ribbon is also a Euro-only pony, so she'll be more expensive, ditto for Baby Bowtie but to a lesser degree. (I think Bowtie is generally less expensive than Baby Ribbon!) The baby seapony is a Watercolor Baby Sea Pony, and those can be expensive; Baby Crumpet, too, is a little more HTF, around $15? At least one of those flutter ponies looks like a rehair to me (I'm thinking Morning Glory for certain, maybe Lily?), which can be desirable to custom collectors! It looks like a really pro rehair job!

Third photo (I'm already getting tired and I'm just doing highlights LOL!): So Soft Ponies, (abbreviated SS most often) Taffy, Bangles and Fifi will be the highest-price, with Twist coming in after I think? The others are fairly common, although if the flocking is thick/new they can go for a good price!

Fourth photo are all moderately common, but the ponies with bright pink hair are harder to find; that color fades in sunlight, so be careful with it! I'd sell them in groups according to set, like the Twice As Fancy ponies, and so on. (Strawberry Fair/Sugarberry can be pretty sought-after, but not terribly expensive, maybe $12-15?)

Fifth photo, much the same, no one's particularly rare here, although the ponies with the ringlets (is that Candy Apple? I always forget her name. Taffy???) can be tough to find with nice hair!

Sixth photo is where all of the rares got sandwiched in together!! ;) The puffy-haired ponies can be HTF with their hair still fluffy and nice, and you're gonna want to single out Red Roses (yellow unicorn with big pink mane, she's part of the Perfume Puff set), Twice As Fancy Nightglider, Twice As Fancy Yum Yum, and Lemon Treats (Candy Cane set) for individual sale, they can get pricey!! Dainty Dahlia can also get up there, with unfaded hair like yours!

Seventh photo, MORE rares wow! The clear, see-through ponies with glitter in their bodies are Glow 'n Show ponies, and each one of them is pretty pricey, especially the green pegasus. The green princess with tinsel in her mane is Princess Pristina, and she's expensive; the other tinsel-hair pony is Princess Taffeta, and she's "uncommon", rather than rare, but she can get expensive. There's two UK ponies in there, Gypsy and Hopscotch, so they'll go high in the States, and Twinkle Eye Bright Eyes can be a bit sought-after too. Twinkle Eye Locket, not so much, but she's not the most common either.

(You MIGHT have an unfading pink variant of the other princess there, Princess Serena? I can't confirm, but that's my guess! That variant would also be worth more money!)

Eighth photo is a lot of 'uncommon' ponies who won't be expected to go super high; Tic Tac Toe is a lovely one and high on want lists, and the Rainbow Curl ponies can be hard to find with good curls.

Ninth photo is SUPER TRICKY. At first I thought you must have a NSS Cupcake (super rare! Scandinavian I think, and like $300??), but then I saw the Bangles, and I realized they might both be deflocked ponies! You would need to take it up with the Nirvana forum, or post very detailed pictures of Cupcake to help us figure it out. As it stands, deflocked ponies can still be sought after if they're well done! You just have to find the right buyer. :) Everyone else here is pretty common!

Tenth photo, the Big Brother pony Tex will sell well! The Colorswirl Lovebeam is the big money ticket, ditto for the flutter pony Hollywood, a mail order! You also have two Pink Dreams, one of the more expensive flutter ponies! I also see at least two customs, and possibly another rehair, too? Tropical Breeze isn't an expensive flutter pony, per se, but she's sought after for her lovely color scheme!

Eleventh photo! A few more deflocks here (although Buttons was sold in a NSS [non so soft] form, I don't think Magic Star ever was!), so I'd look into whether they're custom jobs or if Buttons is the UK version! Everyone is generally pretty common though!

Twelfth! Most commons I've seen so far, I'd say give them a shot as a group on eBay maybe?

Thirteenth, a couple of gems! Baby Ruby is a UK pony, and she is quite pricey; Baby Pineapple is a sought-after US pony, so I'd guess $15-25 for her. The Candy Cane pony (with the messy curls) might be a rehair, which will bring her value ... middling? If someone falls in love with her, they'll pay more, but finding that buyer will be tricky.

Fourteenth will always be expensive, since MOC (mint on card) ponies are way more rare than loose ponies! You'll want to list them with the term MOC, since people will be looking for that in searches! :)

I hope that helped, even if only in a preliminary sense! Best of luck to you, you got some real lucky gems in there!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:18:23 PM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 08:36:08 PM »
Wow! That collection is epic. You have some awesome ponies and I'll definitely second Snapdragon and say that you'd get more for selling most of them individually instead of in a lot. The condition on some of them will matter -- I see a few haircuts/fading/flaws -- but overall they look awesome. I'll try to ID what you have in each picture, going left to right and from back to front as well as I can . . . Do you live in the US? I've assumed so and used the ponies' US names, but some of these ponies are known by other names in other countries (mainly the UK). If another pony has the same name or if it's a pony that there is more than one version of, I've made a note of which one it is, and if the pony in question is a custom or rehair I've noted that, too.

Rosedust
Peach Blossom
Baby Palm Tree
Baby Applejack
Baby Sunribbon
Peeks if her hoof is raised; Puddles if it's not (she's one of a pair of twins)
Baby Lucky Leaf
Baby Buttons
Baby Gusty (sparkle baby version)
Baby Brightbow
Baby Starbow
Baby Stripes
Baby Ember (lavender version)
Baby Nightcap
Baby Northstar (sparkle baby version)
Baby Fleecy
Baby Shaggy
Rice Krispies baby mail order/aka Baby Stockings
Little Flitter
Baby Rainribbon
Baby Moondancer
Baby Firefly (sparkle baby version)
High Flier
Spike
Spike (the darker one *may* be the rarer one from the lavender Dream Castle; can anyone confirm?)
Baby Pearly
Baby Sea Princess
Flurry

Forget-Me-Not
Morning Glory (rehair)
Baby Crumpet
Lily
Cloud Puff
Baby Salty (custom)
Baby Ribbs
Baby Fifi
Baby Ribbon (European version)
Baby Beach Ball
Baby Sweet Tooth
Baby Snippy
Baby Sundance
Baby Glory
Baby Dancing Butterflies
Seawinkle
Baby Quackers
Baby Tic-Tac-Toe
Baby Bow Tie
bushwoolie -- Friendly (came with Princess Tiffany)
bushwoolie -- Chumster (came with Princess Primrose)
Baby Woolly
Baby Wavedancer

Twist
Taffy
Magic Star
Fifi (so soft version, not the twice as fancy version)
Bangles
Ribbon
Paradise
Shady
Buttons (so soft version, not the twice as fancy version)

Swirly Whirly
Sugarberry
Cocoberry (is wearing Sherbet's barette, which is a little hard to find)
Princess Tiffany
Princess Moondust
Sherbet
Pina Colada
Princess Dawn
Banana Surprise
Love Melody
Princess Primrose
Peppermint Crunch
Up, Up, and Away

Star Dancer (if there's a star on her cheek, she's the mail order version)
Gusty
Scoops
Hula Hula
Milky Way
Mint Dreams
Tootie Tails
Brilliant Bloom
Sugar Apple
Dancing Butterflies
Hula Hula

Daisy Sweet
Dainty Dahlia
Lemon Treats
Red Roses
Princess Starburst
Princess Sparkle
Princess Royal Blue
Nightglider
Sea Breeze
Tootie Tails
Merriweather
Yum Yum (twice as fancy version; hair has been repinked)
Lavender Lace

Bright Eyes
Gypsy
Hopscotch
Princess Pristina
Streaky
Happyglow
Starglow
Brightglow
Princess Taffeta
Dazzleglow
Princess Serena
Locket

Strawberry Surprise
Stripes
Raspberry Jam
Tic-Tac-Toe
Princess Sunbeam
Ringlet
Raincurl
Sweet Tooth
Quackers
Princess Misty

Cranberry Muffins
Pretty Beat
Cherry Treats
10th anniversary pony
Tuneful
Sweet Notes
Blueberry Baskets
Cupcake (probably a deflock; you'll want to ask the experts and give closer pictures, since, as Snapdragon noted, this could be a rare Scandinavian version)
Yum Yum (flutter pony version)
Yum Yum (flutter pony version)
Half Note (rockin' beat version)
Boysenberry Pie
Bangles (a deflock)

Pony Bride if her symbol is doves; Bridal Beauty if her symbol is a heart
Lovebeam
Chatterbox
Fizzy
Sweet Pop
Wingsong
Hollywood
Pink Dreams
Pink Dreams
Tex
a Generation 3 (2000s-era) pony; not sure who
Wind Drifter
Honeysuckle (rehair or custom)
Yum Yum (flutter pony version; possible rehair)
Honeysuckle
Wingsong
Tropical Breeze (rehair)
Tropical Breeze
Tropical Breeze

Gusty
Galaxy
Sweet Stuff
Skydancer
Masquerade
Shady (looks like European version but could be a deflock)
Parasol
Sparkler
Magic Star (deflock)
Buttons (looks like European version but could be a deflock)
Sweet Pop

Blossom (concave-hoof version)
Medley
Windy
Moondancer
Seashell
Sundance
Cotton Candy (concave-hoof version)
Gingerbread
Starshine
Gusty (looks like the European version but could be a deflock)
Sundance with bridle
Majesty with crown

Mint Dreams (rehair)
Applejack
Generation 3 pony; not sure who she is
another Generation 3 pony; not sure who she is
Baby Ruby
Glory
Firefly
Sunbeam
Baby Pineapple
Lemondrop
Bow Tie
Bubbles

(as I'm sure you can tell from the package)
Mint on card Magic Star
Mint on card Sweet Notes
Mint on card Masquerade
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:11:22 PM by Haruna »

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 08:52:30 PM »
At first I thought this was going to be a childhood collection, but your sister was obviously a proper collector, lots of high value items and custom work (full customs, deflocks , repinks  and rehairs). If you do list on eBay, I think you should list most of them individually or in small lots, the rarest ones will get higher returns that way. Interesting how she lost intrest in the hobby, she obviously invested quite a bit of time and money into them at some point. Are there accessories too? some of these go up significantly with accessories.

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 08:53:24 PM »
What an amazing collection! Some great advice has been already given. You may find more price check help if you put price check in your subject line. I agree that your best bet is to sell the rarer things individually or in their sets and then group more of the commons. You might be looking at some wait times to find buyers for everything, but you have some highly desirable ones that look from that distance to be in excellent to good/decent condition, so you may have some luck. I'm sure many here would be interested in some things (prehaps myself included).
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 09:24:11 PM »
So many awesome ponies. The most expensive 2 i spy are baby lollipop and baby sweet tooth, they fetch around $75-100 us each. There are lots of $30 ponies in there. I would list individually on ebay,even if u dont know names collectors will find them :)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 10:58:06 PM »
Wow, what a great collection! I think you got some good advice already one which ones should be singled out and sold individually. Here is a great site for IDing them http://www.ponylandpress.com/#ponies

I agree that a large chunk of these you will want to list individually and then some of the commons can go in groups.

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 02:59:04 AM »
Wow what a mix you seem to have a collection with USA and Europe ponies. Are you in Europe (as uk didn't get any USA ponies lol). You do have some awesome ponies there !

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 03:35:09 AM »
I've nothing to add to what other people have said but wow what an epic collection!

:nod:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 10:55:19 AM »
*DROOL*

What an amazing collection!!! I'd definitely recommend selling most of them seperately, you've got some real treasures here!! I'd love to see more photos of that custom Baby Salty in particular - I might be interested in buying him, he's so cute!!! Best of luck to you in selling them :)

Also:

the G3 in this pic looks like a rehaired Tropical Surprise to me? (I could be wrong)

White G3 w/ jewel symbol is Precious Gem, pink G3 w/ jewel symbol is Sapphire Shores :)

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 11:17:07 AM »
Oh my!! :lovey:
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 01:19:27 PM »
I think everyone has covered who all the ponies are, I just want to add Baby Ruby looks like a possible rehair, also. :)

When you list them for sale, make sure you include the info that some may be deflocked, rehairs or repinked(faded hair recolored with dye or kool-aid), look for dots of pink on the ponies with pink hair, too; if they were repinked, sometimes they get spots.

Also the ones that might be rehairs and deflocks, along with the custom, might have it noted who made them on the bottom of the feet; sometimes the pony will get sogned by the artist, and RH on the foot would be rehair.

Not everyone does this, though, so even if they dont have markings on the foot, they can still be rehairs and deflocked.

Out of curiosity, did your sister come to one of the my little pony fairs, cause I sold a flutter pony Honeysuckle*just* like that at one!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 02:38:18 PM »
I would put those up individually, or in small set-specific lots, as much as possible, and for the love of all things Pony do not separate original ribbons and accessories from the ponies (unless you want to sell those separately!) That is an AMAZING collection, and personally I'd be very interested in your Perfume Puffs and Sundae Bests ^^

Other than that i think the people who already replied covered most of it :)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline PJSparkles

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Here comes PJ Sparkles!
    • View Profile
    • (A) Tumblr :)
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 04:15:55 PM »
I have nothing helpful to offer in the way of prices, but oh my gosh I'd be in pony heaven if I had all of those! a lot of them are in AMAZING condition. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal