collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony Here We Go! LAST CHALLENGE!!!  (Read 13758 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Healthy Pony Here We Go! Challenge #2
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2017, 05:27:36 PM »
OK artemisia you rock. I mean, you just did how much moving about, AND walking, and staying Positive! Go You! Saying no to take our! You GO! If you can not tell your post got me excited. You walked in snow...while my pansy self stayed inside lazy because it was cold:p sigh. Thanks for the inspiration:)

Post Merge: February 10, 2017, 09:10:56 AM

Some days, I do not know how parents do it.. I work in a daycare and today they have me in 2 year old room. There is 12kids to 2 adults....yeah it's crazy. Mom brings in food from home because she was too lazy to get up and make her kids breakfast. 1. No outside food and 2. We have a kid that is life threatening allergic to peanuts that's a huge safter issue. My boss said I handled it fine, but now I just wait for mom to rip me out when she picks them up. No walk today. I am v so exhausted from those kids,and I still have 5 hours to go. Now I know why I fall asleep at 8:00pm

It sounds as though you have a lot on your plate!  But you still need to to make time to take care of yourself.  I think it's worth getting cold if you know you can get into a hot bath when you get indoors.  A break from walking today for me.  I have travelled around a lot this week but still not been too bad with eating.  I managed a day where I felt I was considerate and mindful with others.  I'm planning healthy food shopping and some kind of workout tomorrow afternoon.  I will at least stretch out!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2017, 07:08:59 PM »
I have sick the for two days. No workouts for me this week. Yesterday I got a bottle of water instead of Coke and today I also had an extra bottle so I guess that is something. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2017, 12:00:46 PM »
Feel better soon Ponyfan.

I am knitting, and have plans to work on crafts later day. I should find some form of work out...but there is more day light left.

I am working of a custom project for another pony. My first made to request project. So it's stressing me out a bit. I got the yarn together, and got it approved. Then there was a request for an added stitch to the project. So I had to learn a new stitch. Got it down, but now I have to sew the project. So more time and material. I am 60% done. Sent progress picture and not sure if she wants it longer or not. I had to improvise due to the complications of the project. If I made it longer and not like it, I run the risk of the stitches weakening and looking sloppy. Sigh. They are contacting me almost daily. I have not received payment, and I want to do good work, but man it's frustrating. There is language issues too. Whew. Here are some pictures.

This is the request piece

Some fun wings I finished

Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2017, 03:09:14 AM »
Sorry to hear about the difficult commissioner Crowning_Glory13, hopefully the situation smooths out for you soon! Your work is really beautiful!

There have been some ups and downs this past week, on Tuesday I had a really bad day with my anxiety and ended up staying indoors the day after to cool off and relax (still got plenty of jobhunting done and made a start on a new art project, so the day wasn't wasted.)
For the second challenge, I decided to focus on the guitar and that's coming along in fits and starts. My chord changes are still painfully slow but I can pick up new rhythm patterns at the drop of a hat so it's not all bad.
Meditation has been going really well, it's definitely helping me to worry a lot less overall and see things in perspective. It's a good feeling to have a bit more calm going on.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2017, 05:47:14 AM »
Taproot that sounds great. This might relate to guitar. When I have a quick chord change or a hard spot in piano I use a MN metronome. Start super slow to get the movement. Progress the speed until the movement in natural. It's tedious but it helps me.

Thanks for the compliment
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2017, 07:42:55 AM »
Wow CG, those knitting projects look great. I love the style of the longer one on Majesty, very regal.

A tip I've read for request orders is to get a portion of the price as a down payment - even half, something to at least cover your materials in case they decide to back out last minute. Some people I've seen get the full price up front, or if it's something that you wouldn't be able to resell if they back out.

It's hard to get into the mindset of, especially when you are starting out (or if it's someone you know personally), but it's definitely a good habit to get into from the start. For example - I had a friend ask me if I'd made her SIL a Hogwarts Express (like in my siggy), and she'd pay me. I told her the price I'd want, and how long it would take....never heard back. Certainly glad I didn't just jump into making it.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2017, 08:59:49 AM »
That train is so awesome. I started with the idea of prepayment. The start was a coat like I did for Majesty. I knew I could sell it if she back out. Then the request for the dark yarn came. I still figured I could resell if the worst happen...then it was the requested trim. And then I regretted saying a pre payment. Sigh you live and learn. So far they are happy. Just finishing up the project and hope it is sold.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2017, 12:15:47 PM »
Well done everyone!

Kakenterprise sorry to hear about your back.. I have to be careful of my knees and shins, it can be really demoralising. Your workouts and what you are doing with food sounds really amazing! I didn't know you could freeze bananas.  Do you defrost them and then use them in baking?  I would have thought they would go black.  I'd be interested to freeze them if they are on special offer so I can use them for smoothies.  Often some of them are quite old before I get around to using them.

Crowning Glory, I hope this works out well for you and is worth it in the end.

Taproot I know how that goes, sometimes I find it hard to go out because every interaction with other people seems hard.  I have always been a bit awkward socially but I'm in a really competitive environment at the moment and I feel very anxious.  The silly thing is it wasn't meant to be like this it was meant to be part of my support package.  I think that my current situation is making me feel progressively worse again so I'm trying to change things.

Hey Kiwi that sounds like great advice.  I do so admire how creative everyone is on here.  More in fact that people have the motivation to do it because most of us are creative really, but that's not so important if you never do any work! I so rarely manage to make things.

So for me I have managed not to eat takeaway however I have eaten waffles and fried eggs and shop-bought coleslaw (read drowned in mayo) and things that I know aren't the best for me.  Not way too much, but somehow a few too many packets of crisps.  I've had a really busy week and to be honest I'm feeling really burnt out right now.  I have no idea what to eat later.  It's cold and I have a vegetable smoothie in the fridge but I really don't fancy it! I think I'm having fish pie tonight.  Again not the healthiest.  This snowy weather makes me want to eat fatty food and not exercise.  I don't know how I can get my butt in gear.  I'm also having a bit of an anxiety peak as you can probably tell because I'm rambling on.  A swim tomorrow morning should help!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2017, 01:54:46 PM »
It's OK to have an off day Artemisia. Being conscious of these choices help later on. It's cold here too and I want fatty foods....or more hearty foods. Our body's want it because it's cold and the body wants us warm. Fat is warm. I take a vitamin D supplement. It helps my energy and cravings. I do feel it helps with my winter time blues when we have little sunshine.

I took a walk today. It was short maybe 15min. It was super windy and cold, but I did it:) I have my request ed project almost finished. I feel so much better. I finished another possible request, and I think it's adorable. So if they do want it, I just might.

So I have not touched my piano since we started. Bad me. My husband saI'd I could get a pony from Toys R Us. I have to do online. No store near me. I put the order in today. I am making that a treat. So I have to play piano each day till it arrives. If not, I have to leave it in its dark cold package.

There is also Photo Finish Mini at walmart that I really want. So if I play piano for the rest of the month I can get her. Not sure what will happen if I don't. I just need to bribe myself at this point.

A new challenge will be posted Monday. These challenges are optional. I use them for motivation, or a different way of thinking. Good luck with them.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2017, 05:58:38 PM »
banana breakfast cookie recipe-
http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/01/28/banana-chocolate-chip-breakfast-cookies/

Artemesia Floc- I put old bananas that are super ripe in the freezer all the time.  The outside will turn black but the inside will still be good.  There great to use in smoothies too.  I recommend taking them out of the freezer and letting them sit in the sink to defrost.  I've noticed that using frozen bananas can change the texture of the recipe.  For example with the cookie recipe I posted if I use fresh bananas the cookies turn out crisper.  If I use frozen bananas they turn out softer, booth are tasty. 
     I definitely think it's harder to motivate oneself during the winter months.  I just want to curl up and eat junk food.

Crowning_Glory13- Your pony wear looks great.  I wish I knew more about sewing I can make a basic scarf and that's it.

I spent most of my weekend cooking in the kitchen.  I trained Friday and Sunday.  Saturday was my cheat day, I usually have a cheat day once every two weeks.  I cooked Valentines day dinner, clam chowder and I made the desert the night before (cheese cake truffles yum).  I also made a few more batches of breakfast cookies. 

Crowning_Glory13-looking forward to the upcoming challenges.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2017, 06:15:50 PM »
Thanks for the recipies:) now to get hubby cooking. I can not. I have tried multiple times and failed. Good to keep a cheat day. Something to look forward to:)

Post Merge: February 13, 2017, 08:57:12 AM

I got my walk in..30min so happy. It was nice our so that helped:) got caught up on my commissions so I feel so much better. I have one request to start, but all the hard stuff has been taken care of. I made a new position you coat that I love..kinda sad to see it go. Made a list for me to do when I am off work...I might come out with a good day today:)

Challenge #3 tell us what has been successful. Did you try bribing yourself...I am trying that this week. Maybe you started doing your day differently. Post about something successful. We want to know what you have done well. It does not have to be goal related. This is about thinking ositive about the work you have done.

My success comes from hosting healthy pony. I feel comfortable knowing I am not the only one struggling. I feel inspired when I see other succeed in healthy pony.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:57:12 AM by Crowning_Glory13 »

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Healthy Pony Here We Go! Challenge #3
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2017, 12:24:08 PM »
Mostly my motivation comes from being in love. I know its not idealbut that's the truth. I make music and work out generally when I'm lonely or missing someone.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2017, 03:12:09 PM »
Being in love is a great is a great success

Post Merge: February 14, 2017, 09:55:52 AM

Not doing so hot. Eating junk food, no piano:(, and no walk. I had an event over my lunch that was super important to me. It was great. I am scared to play around people. I have head phones, but I feel nervous still. I got photo finish mini today. Adagio Dazzle is not online or a decent price so I went with photo. So no playing until piano happens. I have state fright with piano so bad. I have had years of tragic moments that lead to this. Just gotta keep pushing through
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 09:55:52 AM by Crowning_Glory13 »

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2017, 11:39:46 AM »
Taproot that sounds great. This might relate to guitar. When I have a quick chord change or a hard spot in piano I use a MN metronome. Start super slow to get the movement. Progress the speed until the movement in natural. It's tedious but it helps me.

Thanks for the compliment

Thanks for the tip; I'll give that a go! There might be a metronome built into my tuner but I haven't quite gotten used to using it just yet. And you're welcome! :)
--
For the third challenge, I've been focussing on a job interview that happened this afternoon. It went better than expected, despite the sheer amount of worry I had about it beforehand, the preparation definitely paid off. I rewarded myself for that by watching every last music video my favourite band have made thus far (they just released a new single yesterday and it got me a bit overly excited) and that in turn has sparked some ideas for an art project that has been in the doldrums for ages, so I'm going to make some time to revive that this week as well. :D

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2017, 12:06:47 PM »
That is a great success taproot! Congrats on the interview

Post Merge: February 16, 2017, 10:52:13 AM

No walk today. I have funky beating heart. It's really it's own drummer. I have this for 15 years so I am used to it. Wiser case senerio,I pass out from it. I can normally tell if it is going to happen before. So I stayed home sick from work. It is cheaper to loose a day of work, than an ambulance drive. Every job I have freaks out and I tend to loose hours or the job itself. They find a way to let me go, and still claim it is not due to my heart. So I lie about it and call in sick:( when I do have bad day it takes me a few days to bounce back. Stairs are hard for me. But I can trudge through my work day. I am super tired.

Still no luck with piano. I am setting time aside sat and sun to play for 30min, but push longer. I am catching up on commissions. Trying out a new wings idea.

I will have a photo contest going:) I love doing contests. Mostly I never win them so I just start them. It is called Mr. Universe. Pageant for boy ponies.

My success comes from all my failures. I have tried so many things, talent contests, self teaching, trying out wings, different jobs, the list goes on. But right now I like me.I want to change things and improve but who doesn't?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 10:52:13 AM by Crowning_Glory13 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal