collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Decapitated pony baby...  (Read 506 times)

Nadine1986

• Trade Count: (0)
Decapitated pony baby...
« on: January 15, 2017, 11:25:04 AM »
Hi,

I just bought a bunch of G1 pony's for  very nice price, but they were in a more worse condition then expected... 4 out of eigth had severe tail rust, so I started right away with one of the baby ponies to clean her up!

I never did any repairs before, but I have read and watched a lot of tutorials so I was very optimistic... I was so wrong! :(

I was carefully removing the head and almost instantly there was a rip in the inside of her neck and I didnt manage to get to neckpeg loose and the head came of without the neckpeg... I made both sides flat with a hobbyknife, do you think I can glue her head back on?

I have pattex superglue and this should be okay for plastics and rubber... Is this the right glue? Can I save her?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:28:40 AM by Nadine1986 »

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Decapitated pony baby...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »
Aww, that stinks! I can sympathize, I have had similar disappointments with buying ponies :hug:

You can absolutely glue the head back on, you've already done the prep work of making it flat on both sides, so why not? Just make sure she is clean and dry(!) before doing so, because it will be very difficult to get it off again if you need to get inside her for any reason in the future.

Also, if you do end up selling it would probably be best to disclose that she has had her head glued on with superglue to any potential buyers :)

Good luck!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Nadine1986

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 01:36:58 PM »
Thanks so much! Do you know if pattex is okay to use? Or do you recommend another brand of superglue?

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 02:13:08 PM »
Thanks so much! Do you know if pattex is okay to use? Or do you recommend another brand of superglue?

You are more than welcome! We try to be helpful bunch here at the arena  :)

Far as which glue to use, I must confess that I myself have only used Gorilla brand, and it seemed to work for me for quick fixes to my own ponies... I have no doubt that there are others here, (like the customizers) that would have many better suggestions for you.

I just pretend to know what I'm talking about  :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline CrystalSnowflake

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 08:27:41 PM »
best place for advice on getting her head to stay on would be to post in the customs forum.
You can get lots of great advice there for restoring as well as customs.
~*Ponies for Sale*~
Sales Link - http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397254.0.htmll
G4 - Mint Ponies with Accessories and Backcards, Production Sample, Funko Chase, Blind bag, and Buildings

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 10:15:40 AM »
The best course of action, when this happens, is to then try and remove the plug from the neck using your x-acto and pliers.  I usually run my x-acto inside the neck ring just enough to be able to break the glue bond with the pliers.  Then use a gap filling, hobby superglue (like this:  https://smile.amazon.com/Bob-Smith-Industries-BSI-133H-Insta/dp/B0166FFCIM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484676804&sr=8-2&keywords=gap+filling+super+glue ) to re-attach the neck ring to the head.  Once the glue has fully cured, the head can then be re-attached to the body in such a way that it will be loose and removable at a later time.  Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.  Good luck! :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal