collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stories to explain bad conditions?  (Read 882 times)

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
Stories to explain bad conditions?
« on: January 03, 2017, 08:50:29 AM »
So after finding my two childhood fakies who were lost for years, I've cleaned them up! I also had a wooden stable that has been down in the basement for years as well. I can't remember if it was stored or just left to it's own to sit, but that basement has unfortunately flooded several times. My mother made a comment recently on how a mini wooden tree house also down there could be in great condition, or it could be rotting away and we'd never know it. I haven't been down to check as our basement is a cross between an uncarpeted horror maze and a box filled hazard. Since the stable is also made of wood, it could be rotting too. :c

To prepare myself for this potential loss, I decided to write a little drabble about my ponies in the condition they were found in.

Here are the only 'before' pictures I have, for reference:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The mini story:

The top of a hill is brought into view. It is no longer a picture perfect spot for a picnic, there is no longer lush green grass swaying in the gentle breeze, nor a bright sunny day.

The hill top is in the middle of a heinous storm, and between the rough, battering winds everything is a  dreary washed-out grey.

Upon the hill a figure appears. It is a pink pony. As she makes her way to the top, she staggers before regaining her balance and reaches her destination. Her colorful mane is swept up and splayed out unflatteringly behind her back, revealing a prominent head wound.

The three yellow hearts on her haunches seem very out of place, as the pony is neither lovely nor cheerful. She stands on the hill, her motions stopped. She is clearly exhausted, but does not make any effort to sit down. She is waiting for another.

Trailing close by our pink mare is a smaller pony, who is practically dragging herself up the hill at this point. Her purple body is caked in mud and dirt, as if she had slipped several times during her journey. The horseshoes displayed across and beyond her flank are hard to make out beneath all of the grime.

She curses the rain for being so incessant, and her once long pink locks are now a tangled mess from trailing across the ground in the muck.

The smaller pony is just as miserable as the first, but as she meets her companion at the hilltop it becomes clear why she had become so dirty; her eyes are unusually positioned, almost cross-eyed but away from the bridge of her nose. She simply could not see straight through the thick sheets of water pouring down.

There is a hike in her step as she reaches the larger pony waiting for her and shouts to be heard over the wind:

Miss n' Chance: Look!

Both ponies turn to the scene left behind them. Beyond the hill is a barn caught up in a treacherous flood, and in the process of being torn apart debris swirl haphazardly around.

Miss n' Chance: Our home!

The larger pony does not respond at first, before pulling the smaller mare away.

Limone Mellow: We have to find shelter! We made it to high ground, but we can't be stuck out here!

Miss n' Chance: But what about my family? They were supposed to come live with us! She wailed.

Limone Mellow continues to guide her friend away from the disaster.

Limone Mellow: W-we'll find them!--Later! We can still do that, just like we planned! We need to find a new home first!

Miss n' Chance: But what if they come here and don't find us? What if they think we're dead? WHAT IF THEY WERE ALREADY HERE AND GOT SWEPT AWAY?! She cried.

Limone Mellow: They're smart, just like you! They probably delayed their travels because of the storm! They are alright, Miss!

She desperately reassured the panicking mare, but truly knew nothing of the sort.

Miss n' Chance: But what about your family? How will they know you're alright?

Limone Mellow started, before gazing at the ground. She looked far away.

Limone Mellow: It doesn't matter!

Miss n' Chance: But what if they assume the worst?

Limone Mellow: They can think what they like! It's NOT our concern!

Miss n' Chance: But--

Limone Mellow: Missy please! The pony begged. The barn's gone, let's GO!

The purple mare did not press it anymore. They both made a mad dash to get out of the storm.

- - - -

So, does anyone have made-up stories about how your ponies got in unfavorable conditions? Have you fixed them since, or tried to work with their misfortunes?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Stories to explain bad conditions?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 09:26:03 AM »
Oh wow, I love your story!  <3  Please post more of these if you happen to write them!

I don't have anything that elaborate, but I do have a secondhand Masquerade with a burned / partially melted foot who I decided had been hurt escaping from a house fire.  :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 11:24:15 AM »
Another in the "don't have anything that elaborate" column, but my Snowcatcher with a bitten ear definitely got it in battle somewhere.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 11:40:16 AM »
Nice story!

Again. Nothing so awesome, but my Italian Bow Tie has a scratched NDS eye that I decided was her saving Baby Bow Tie from something dangerous.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »
Nothing as elaborate as yours, but when I was a child, I had a second hand Princess Aquamarine who came to me with only one jewel symbol. Because in the UK comics, Aquamarine was a daydreamer, when I saw her, I immediately said that she'd got distracted, left her symbol somewhere and forgot where she put it...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 03:26:11 PM »
I have a Raspberry Jam with a stain over her mouth! I joke that she actually got into a jam jar and it's all over her muzzle. :D
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 05:15:02 PM »
That's absolutely brilliant!  Sky Rocket and Whizzer in my herd both sport stylish mohicans (they came like that) so I reckon I should probably come up with something about that.  I imagine that Sky Rocket was the outgoing one who liked going to punk gigs and Whizzer was the very geeky but curious friend.  Whizzer's hair ended up all over Sky's bathroom floor in Chelsea, London circa 1976 prior to a Ramones concert.  But a Ponyland version.  Ahem.  I'm just thinking aloud here.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 05:47:04 PM »
My G4 Skywishes has a bite mark on her muzzle. Rainbow Dash that came with her had cut messy hair and a lot of scratches. When I got them I had a story in my head where Fluttershy wandered into the Everfree Forest to get one of her animals and she was attacked by timberwolves. Rainbow Dash heard screaming when she was flying together with her friend Skywishes and they flew straight into the forest to help Fluttershy. They got into a fierce battle and Rainbow was the bravest so that's why she got so many scratches. But Skywishes saved her from a certain death when one of the timberwolves knocked her down and was about to strike the final blow - Skywishes covered RD with her own body! That resulted in her badly injured, but bought Dash time to recover and knock out the timberwolves. Her and Flutters took unconscious Sky to Ponyville hospital. Nurse Redheart patched her up pretty good :)

Sadly, I parted with that Rainbow so story ends with Skywishes moving to another town...

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 06:07:17 PM »
Ah, sorry for vanishing everyone, the day surprisingly became very busy! I feel bad replying to you all at once but the whole day has gone by...

LadyMoondancer - I love your idea! I don't have any heat damaged ponies but the idea makes otherwise-melty ponies much more endearing!

Violet CLM - Are the bite marks bad? D: That's unfortunate, do you know what happened to her?

Icicle - It's wonderful the baby was saved. c: Poor, brave Bow Tie.

Taffeta - Oh gosh that is too precious, great thinking! Also very realistic? I would lose a precious gem over something like that.

reanna-mator - I'm so glad it fits in with her name to make a nice little story. Really brings a character trait out. :D

Artemesia Floc - Haha, they sound like great friends who get into a lot of troublesome situations together. It gave me a good laugh, I could picture the whole chain of events.

Shabi - Wow that's an in-depth explanation! It's sad that Skywishes moved away, but a nice conclusion and a cool tie-in with the G4 TV series world. :0

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 10:14:02 AM »
Limone Mellow, thanks! I love all other stories in this theme too, you guys are creative :)

I just had to take a picture of her in a cool stance! She looks Fallout-y. Like she's in the middle of some ruins. Maybe the story could also be that she's in that alternative universe where they have a war with Sombra? Nah, that's another Skywishes I saw for sale here on the Arena. She had an awesome haircut (even tho it hurts me to see a rare pony with her hair cut). I wanna buy her and make battle armor for her now >_>" But I have three Skies already. I might have a problem  :lookround:
Spoiler

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 06:09:25 PM »
Whoa, that lighting is so dramatic, wonderful picture for setting the atmosphere!

I need to use a camera aside from my phone for once, the pictures I take aren't the greatest quality. Doesn't really help two of the bulbs in my room are burned out as well, I'll have to change them.

Battle armor sounds amazing. Is there really something like that made for ponies like mlp?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal