collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Day Majesty Came To Ponyland...  (Read 760 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
The Day Majesty Came To Ponyland...
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:32:03 AM »
So when I was going through images I'd taken from comics and stuff I found this one:
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It's clearly from a later comic, but I'm not sure offhand which one. There's also a small error in it as it begins with the Strange Storyteller and ends with Rainbow Storyteller (a Rainbow Curl pony), but the story in the middle is quite cute.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: The Day Majesty Came To Ponyland...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 07:15:57 AM »
Oh that's neat! Thank you for sharing that taffeta. I'm really starting to get into the UK comics.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:10:01 AM »
If the castle is only called Dream Castle because it was built in Dream Castle Meadows, does that mean that Majesty and the other are only called ponies because they moved to Ponyland?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 11:14:59 AM »
That was cute and gives a happier origin of how the ponies and Spike met than the cartoon does.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 02:21:36 PM »
If the castle is only called Dream Castle because it was built in Dream Castle Meadows, does that mean that Majesty and the other are only called ponies because they moved to Ponyland?

What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet...;)

I'm more disturbed by how the Strange Storyteller turned into a pony by the end of the story, but that's just me.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 02:39:24 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 02:22:02 PM »
Well, nobody understood why they were called quins.

Maybe it was originally called Dream Meadows and Dream Castle Meadows rolls off the tongue better.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 02:52:48 PM »
Well, nobody understood why they were called quins.

Maybe it was originally called Dream Meadows and Dream Castle Meadows rolls off the tongue better.

Maybe Dream Castle came out of the ponies dreams when they slept in Dream Meadows? Otherwise I have to question their masonry skills with hooves and all. :P

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 04:10:06 PM »
I have this strange feeling Paradise Estate came out of a cloud or a dream or something like that...so maybe Dream Castle did, too.

As for the ponyland thing, looking back at the story, they name the place Ponyland because they are ponies. It doesn't have a name before that.

Of course, that could be perceived as colonisation, I suppose...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 05:46:38 PM »
An interesting thought that the ponies form a hegemony.  Though, considering how much trouble comes for them, the other races probably figure "Better the ponies who slapped their name on the land than us."

Though, you do have to wonder why Majesty and her "little pony friends" were looking for a place to live in the first place.  Are they exiles or refugees from some pony country that either cast them out or had been destroyed?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline BethMcBeth

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 07:15:15 PM »
I have this strange feeling Paradise Estate came out of a cloud or a dream or something like that...so maybe Dream Castle did, too.

Paradise Estate came from the Moochick he thought it up during the song "Home" in The My Little Pony the Movie. So who knows what kind of crazy that is all about. So I guess it did come from a dream/cloud/thought bubble?? XD!

An interesting thought that the ponies form a hegemony.  Though, considering how much trouble comes for them, the other races probably figure "Better the ponies who slapped their name on the land than us."

Though, you do have to wonder why Majesty and her "little pony friends" were looking for a place to live in the first place.  Are they exiles or refugees from some pony country that either cast them out or had been destroyed?

Maybe since the ponies were very troublesome the ther creatures kept kicking them out so they would not be disturbed?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 09:30:02 PM »
So what are you saying Beth? That the ponies were basically fiercer versions of Woebegone? :p
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 10:03:03 PM »
And so the legend began <3
In the comics ponies appear from the most strangest and mystical of places and it always take me into a dorky philosophical mode on how pony magic actually work which is why I so adore the old comics.
I want to make a comic based on this story, haha! <3

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 04:35:30 AM »

Paradise Estate came from the Moochick he thought it up during the song "Home" in The My Little Pony the Movie. So who knows what kind of crazy that is all about. So I guess it did come from a dream/cloud/thought bubble?? XD!

No, I meant in comic canon. The flutter ponies find it. There is an extended issue on it but I don't have that...which folded out into a poster I think.

Comic background to most things has nothing at all in common with the animation.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 01:47:11 PM »
This story is very interesting. I want to knw why the ponies were looking for a place to live too. Did something happen to their previous home or were they always looking for a place to live until they came to Dream Valley?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 02:24:06 PM »
Wow, this has prompted so much discussion...

The two things I remember from the comic. When a new set came into the comic, often they would introduce themselves with their names and set name and "we've just come to live in ponyland". This didn't happen so much earlier on - I mean, you have the freeing of the Twinkle Eye slaves by Applejack so they don't 'come to' Ponyland so much as they're rescued. I am pretty sure the Merry Go Round ponies are also rescued by Twirler, Thundercloud and someone else because they're stuck inside a whirligig (answers on a postcard...) from which people can hear music. They're set free and so stay in ponyland.

But other ponies literally announced themselves as coming to live in Ponyland. Even the newborn ponies, I think, on their own. O.o.

I also remember specific locations in ponyland where ponies were living - particularly mountains (Misty Mountain - Mountain Boys, Rainbow Mountain - Rainbow Curl Ponies and Rainbow Babies who were their wards in the "Rainbow Nursery", apparently). These ponies often got 'discovered' when other ponies went on a random wandering ramble.

But the strangest and saddest thing was Memory Lane. Because when ponies were no longer "current", that's where they all went to live. And occasionally the current ponies would go down Memory Lane to visit an old character - such as Tootsie.

So ponies came to Ponyland. Sometimes they were rescued, sometimes they migrated. And ultimately when they were no longer in the limelight, they were sectioned off to Memory Lane, a retirement road for old ponies.

Such was the harshness of Dream Valley's resident policy...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 02:34:17 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal