collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PQOTD #10 12/28/16 What is the best episode of MLP? (including ALL gens)  (Read 2409 times)

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Pony Question of the Day:

What is the BEST episode that My Little Pony has ever seen?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I don't know enough episodes of G1 to compare, but I have seen Rescue at Midnight castle, and I thought that it was really cute!

My favorite Friendship is Magic episode is "A Royal Wedding" (I guess part 2), I thought it was very clever, and interesting to watch. I loved the new characters, and the new creatures that we saw. Plus the songs were great, This Day Aria is the best song in the series (in my opinion).

I dont think that there is a cartoon for g2, and I haven't seen g3, so that's why I am not giving my opinion on those  ;)

What is your favorite episode of any of the generations and why?

hey guys, I've been doing these "Pony questions of the day", but sometimes I cant think of a new question! If you have a question that you think I could use on future topics, please PM me! it would really help me out  ;)

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Rescue at Midnight Castle is the best G1 episode in my opinion.  It's got great songs, a very scary villain and a real sense of danger for the ponies.

Cotton Candy Moondancer and Bubbles chained by LovesBarbie, on Flickr

For G3 a tie between A Very Minty Christmas and The Runaway Rainbow although in my opinion the G3 cartoons are a pale counterpart to the G1 and G4 episodes. I have several favorite G4 episodes.  :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Crunch the Rockdog.  It's the closest MLP has gotten to survival horror.  It also stars the best pony ever.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Crunch the Rockdog.  It's the closest MLP has gotten to survival horror.  It also stars the best pony ever.

What generation is that from?

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

What generation is that from?
G1's Dream Valley Continuity.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Rescue at Midnight Castle or the first two episodes of MLP FIM.  Art of the Dress is also one of my favorites.

From G3 "A Very Minty Christmas" is definitely the best.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
This is a tough one. I have several favorites and can't settle on one:

*"Baby, It's Cold Outside" - This episode is one of my favorites because it starred Galaxy. And the song "We're Not Gonna Freeze" is one of the catchiest G1 songs.

*"Crunch the Rock Dog"- Al-1701 summed it up. I've always been a fan of survival horror. Plus, the rocks that followed Crunch were just creepy.

*"Rescue at Midnight Castle"-This special had a darker tone than the episodes that followed it, in large part due to the ruthless Tirek.

*"Somnambula"- It was the only episode to feature, and star, the Big Brothers.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
Another favorite of mine is "The Glass Princess" It's one of those love it or hate it episodes but it has a Pony Wash (like a car wash) and the ponies end up looking like this.

IMG_0362 by LovesBarbie, on Flickr

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I hate the overall story of The Glass Princess.  But it's a goldmine for gif fodder and one-liners.

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
Rescue at Midnight Castle is my fave.  :accomplished: I wish theyd make more of that style and with the ponies in that episode.

I also love:
The Ghost of Paradise Estate,
Return of Tambelon,
Escape from Catrina,
fugitive flowers,
Somnambula ,
The Golden Horseshoes,
The Quest of the Princess Ponies,
The Glass Princess,
The Magic Coins,
 :lovey:

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: PQOTD #10 12/28/16 What is the best episode of MLP? (including ALL gens)
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 10:16:56 PM »
Return of tambelon!!!!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 11:22:56 PM »
For me, rescue at midnight castle was a great g1 episode. For gen 3 I would have to say a very minty Christmas because it a) did NOT have a message at the end  "we are all princesses in our hearts!" In princess promenade just seems a tad cheesy for me. And b) I'm just a sucker for Christmas episodes. ^.^ in gen 4, it is a close tie between the cutie re mark, to where and back again and the season two premiere . The cutie remark allowed starlight glimmer to be redeemed, and also made for some interesting alternate timelines, namely the nightmare moon timeline. To where and back again was just simply amazing, as we learnt about the changeling hive, and how changelings actually feed. Also, Chrissy  swearing revenge could make for a very interesting future episode. The season two premiere just showed us john de- I mean discord and what he inherently is and does. He is the god of chaos. He spreads chaos not out of  need like the sirens create conflict. He does it because... discord i guess...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 01:58:48 AM »
Rescue at midnight castle! The animation looks beautiful, the songs are great, I'd give anything for G5 to be just like it :P

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 06:14:06 AM »
I only had 4 on VHS as a child and my favourite of those was the Revolt of Paradise Estate.

I like some of the others now too, but that one has the chief nostalgia in my heart because of how much I watched it as a kid. Rescue at Midnight Castle, Magic Horseshoes, Tambelon...I liked Somnambula but didn't like the silly boy voices and their US names jarred with me because when I first saw it I didn't know about US name differences. I had issue with any pony that appeared in an ep with the wrong name or personality, so that put me off a bunch (for example, one of my childhood ones was Sweet Stuff & the Treasure Hunt, and having them all call her Sweet Stuff drove me mad, I felt like the animators didn't really "know" the ponies xD).

I also like a couple of the Tales episodes. I never can remember their titles though.

I don't watch FIM, never got on with it, and don't really like the G3 animation, so can't judge those. The only FIM moment I like is Rarity's whining and complaining speech, but I didn't really like the episode, just that scene because Rarity's rant is epic.

All that said, I wasn't huge on the G1 animation, either, because of the reasons mentioned above. I like it better than any of the other gen animation, but I was a pony comic kid ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 04:52:43 PM »
Return of Tambelon for G1.Great episode, great villain and great songs (Escape is actually one of my favorites songs from all generations).For g3 it's definitely Come Back Lily Lightly, with a great main character and an awesome song.I can't tell for g4 because there are too many episodes i love.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal