collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Was G1 Applejack clumsy?  (Read 4768 times)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Was G1 Applejack clumsy?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 06:55:41 AM »
Here's the Jeweled Wizard story.  http://heckyeahponyscans.tumblr.com/post/27216636085

I didn't think about comparing the Jewel Wizard's throne to Queen Chrysaslis throne before but I think you're right. :) G1 Applejack with her habit of breaking things even on accident would have been useful in the Changeling hive.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2016, 11:01:01 PM »
@ Taffeta:  Sure, no problem. :)  I'll update the descriptions sometime this next week.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 12:40:35 AM »
Wow I just read the Applejack comic and yup she sure was clumsy in the best possible way:  discovered the ponies that become the twinkle eye ponies??! and didn't just break the throne but opened a crack under the wizard who fell to the end of the earth...thanks I think it was Ponyfan (and also gold.standard) for posting the link!

And a huge thanks to LadyMoondancer for archiving all those comics on heckyeahponyscans. 

Now to go find those songs on youtube...at some point I had a song thread going here and somepony put a link there to the whole record, I wonder if that's your upload too LadyMoondancer...

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 01:07:07 AM »
@ Taffeta:  Sure, no problem. :)  I'll update the descriptions sometime this next week.

Thank you :) It's not your fault if someone sent you the files without telling you, but I would appreciate it.

@lostpony - I did think there was another video of the whole thing together and I don't think that comes from my tape, especially if there were some issues converting Tootsie's song...

Either way it's something that needs to be in the public domain.

My father has been busily digitising the stories that go with the mini books and other cassette stories for me. I'll need to take a look at those when he's done and see whether any of them are worth sharing...

Regarding the Factfile, looks like her entry is the same as her backcard. Which is not uncommon for ponies in the UK that actually had backcards...

I love that Twinkle Eye story. It's sort of become a legend ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:09:21 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

lostpony

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2016, 01:43:17 AM »
So Applejack is a very important pony, in one short comic after knocking over bubbles and a clothesline strung across the road, she finds her way to liberate a hidden group of ponies enslaved so long they need shards of crystals from the throne she broke to see bringing us a set that has become the favorite of many.

And all while trying to stay out of trouble...the comics seem real short and simple but a huge amount of story happens in them, at least this one for sure.  What should I read next?  Are there more Applejack comics?

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2016, 01:50:36 AM »
So Applejack is a very important pony, in one short comic after knocking over bubbles and a clothesline strung across the road, she finds her way to liberate a hidden group of ponies enslaved so long they need shards of crystals from the throne she broke to see bringing us a set that has become the favorite of many.

And all while trying to stay out of trouble...the comics seem real short and simple but a huge amount of story happens in them, at least this one for sure.  What should I read next?  Are there more Applejack comics?

She is in a lot of other stories, especially in the early years, but there's no specific kind of designation who appears in what story. I know she comes back in a later one because she's on the cover of one of them, drawn in the weird style for those years.

I wouldn't say she's particularly important over all of the others, just that there are a lot of comic stories like that for lots of the ponies, especially in early years when there aren't so many ponies to begin with.

And a lot of them do crazy things, like Bubbles deciding to have a bath in the middle of a race...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

lostpony

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2016, 02:24:03 AM »
I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time...

Cool so no shortcuts, just read them all.  Sounds like a plan, thanks!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2016, 02:48:52 AM »
I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time...

Cool so no shortcuts, just read them all.  Sounds like a plan, thanks!

I suggest starting near the early years - 1985-7ish for the most Applejack related instances. After that, usually around autumn. I just went through the cover photos I have in my folder and she tends to reappear around harvest on the covers of later comics. Even as late as 1992.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2016, 06:33:56 AM »

My father has been busily digitising the stories that go with the mini books and other cassette stories for me. I'll need to take a look at those when he's done and see whether any of them are worth sharing...

Oh yes please! I had a tape when I was little but I can't remember any details other than that it had Pinwheel in it and a line saying something about "Isn't the sky a funny colour". I'd love to hear it again.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2016, 06:43:31 AM »
There is one comic where Applejack and some baby ponies get captured by a witch and in the panel that shows the ponies trapped in cages, Applejack looks like she is sleeping peacefully in the cage. I don't remember what story it is though. 

I'd love to hear more UK pony stories too. :) 

Ponyfan

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2016, 01:19:23 PM »
Does anyone remember that comic?

Ponyfan

lostpony

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2016, 01:52:38 PM »
Not me but I hope to read them all.

The crystal throne comic has made me into a huge G1 applejack fan.  I just love the view of her shooting away to get out of trouble with her hooves in the air, just to run into worse trouble in the next frame.  Poor Applejack!

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2016, 02:38:56 PM »
I found it. :)  http://heckyeahponyscans.tumblr.com/tagged/The-Mysterious-Picture/chrono

Applejack does have a habit of getting herself in to tricky situations. In the one I linked she jumps in to an enchanted picture without thinking things through first.

Ponyfan

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2016, 03:31:23 PM »
And yet another way Majesty is can you.  By painting you over!

http://mlpfactfile.blogspot.com/

Here's a blogspot page of many fact file cards.  However, they never did all of them.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:34:32 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

lostpony

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2016, 09:43:35 AM »
In the first few frames Applejack is more of a Big Mac color.

Apple sauce!`

Heavy hooves, some of the frames are unreadable too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal