collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wind drifter - ribbon help needed  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Vettefromm

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vetten.weebly.com
Re: Wind drifter - ribbon help needed
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2017, 08:21:02 AM »
It's very sweet of you to offer, but I completed my collection in december :)

Not sure if it's any help but I have some flutter combs that I'd wanted to sell. You've probably got them all already as I think they're all pretty common ones but thought I'd mention  :P
Assuming I've got the ponies they belong to right (I'll put the colour next to it in case I haven't  :blush:) I've got:
Tropical Breeze's comb (lavender w/ pink centers)
Forget-Me-Not (pink w/ purple centers)
Morning Glory (pink w/ green centers)
Lily (blue / green centers)
No ribbons though, unfortunately

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2017, 01:12:51 PM »
Just wanted to ad that I bought a perfect Cloud Puff, with her original ribbon still attached in her, tail in a childhood lot from UK. The ribbon was metallic, in the same purple shade as the one Vettefromm has. And I also bought a Wind Drifter from US with her metallic ribbon still attached in her tail. This was many years ago, before I learned that the gold edged ribbons also came with the flutters.. I figured that the gold edged ribbons was a later batch/release with the flutter ponies, some time after the princess ponies had hit the shelves in the stores (and introducing the new type of ribbon). :) This is just a theory though..
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline Starshinescustoms

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Bunny Mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2017, 08:23:39 PM »
It's very sweet of you to offer, but I completed my collection in december :)
Oh, congrats! :biggrin: :frolic:
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/StarshinesCustoms?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/starshinebunny
Note: I have changed my ebay username from 'Starshinescustoms' to 'Starshinebunny' but it's still me  :P
DA: http://starshinescustoms.deviantart.com/

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2017, 03:14:23 AM »
Just wanted to ad that I bought a perfect Cloud Puff, with her original ribbon still attached in her, tail in a childhood lot from UK. The ribbon was metallic, in the same purple shade as the one Vettefromm has. And I also bought a Wind Drifter from US with her metallic ribbon still attached in her tail. This was many years ago, before I learned that the gold edged ribbons also came with the flutters.. I figured that the gold edged ribbons was a later batch/release with the flutter ponies, some time after the princess ponies had hit the shelves in the stores (and introducing the new type of ribbon). :) This is just a theory though..

I guess it's possible both types of ribbons came with the set in both places. I've never seen a French boxed one with the metallic ribbon, yet, though I don't know when the release date for those were. I am assuming same as the UK because the artwork versions exist in the two forms that the UK has...

The thing is that without the boxed ponies we will never know for sure. A childhood Cloud Puff from the Uk could have come from anywhere. I have someone's childhood Tropical Breeze from the US, but she bought her at Hamleys in the UK, when on holiday. I also know a few ponypeople on here who had American ponies as kids because of family or trips that they were bought on. Unless the box is with the pony, you can't tell what issue it is just from what country it comes from. Unfortunately you also can't tell if it's loose with a flutter pony, because some of the ribbons were also sold with other ponies...but you mostly can't see the ribbon if it's MIB and from the UK or the US, so we all end up getting confused...

My childhood Tropical Breeze was bought in Shropshire, 'UK in February/March 1987. She was bought from Carrefour, a French store but she was definitely in the UK box because I have her sticker still and only the UK had the puffy stickers. She didn't have a metallic ribbon, as I never knew those were pony ribbons, but I did have the metallic edged ribbon as a child although the only princess I had was Sapphire, whose ribbon I think is blue. I can't see 1987 as being later release, so my only explanation is that, if we had both versions here, they were out at the same time. I can be exact with the date for Tropi because I only ever had enough money to buy a pony in box twice a year - birthday and Christmas - and I know it wasn't Christmas 1987 because we have photos from before Christmas 1987 when my sister is a tiny baby and Tropi is in them. Because I bought her, I know that I must have bought her with birthday money, and my birthday is February, so that means early March at the latest.

Out of interest, was Cloud Puff complete with her sticker and comb as well? That would help identify her origin.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 03:17:37 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal