collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do with old pony VHS...  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with old pony VHS...
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 06:17:15 PM »
You could use them as risers on a shelf!

This is exactly what I would do

Omg that is so smart! ( G1 ponies b/c the magnets in G3 may ruin the tapes) I want to wrap mine in paper now and use them as risers. Serves two purposes, I can save my VHS tapes and see my ponies.
~Foxtale~

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 08:22:25 PM »
My pony everything is pretty much packed away atm, but I usually use VHS tapes and DVDs as shelf risers. I wrap them in fabric, and it keeps them pristine and out of the way, and I don't need to go and buy things to make risers. We got so many DVDs with gorgeous artwork here, I've got heaps, so it saves space, and leaves room to keep mine and hubby's grown-up DVDs on the DVD shelves!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 09:37:28 AM »
The shelf riser idea is a great one, although right now I am using that tactic to reduce the number of books I have...all my ponies are already sitting on books that I have nowhere else to store, within the cupboard. I maybe should go through those, though, and see whether any of them could be parted with. I am turning up a lot of things I don't need any more, so perhaps that would help...

Thanks all :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 10:12:38 AM »
I'm with the digitize, keep cover art and toss the physical tapes party.  :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 08:06:11 PM »
Urgh, don't tell me about books. I'm such a collector, and have hundreds of books. They reside in totes, wardrobes, tote bags and the bookshelves. And I still have hundreds on my kindle that I don't have physical copies of. It's an obsession. I was going to donate some, but they only take pristine condition books here now, there are so many in thrift stores. I used to be heartbroken by the great books we threw away when I volunteered. I try to move them on to good homes, but it is seriously hard to offload books here, but I can't just throw them away! I might take some to my MIL's place when we go next weekend, they might make it into the thrift stores in a smaller town, I often find good older stuff when I shop there.

If your books are already in the place of your risers, I agree with the digitizing option, keeping the artwork if possible. Do you have a scanner if the plastic cases are not the kind with inserts? I'm sure you could find a pony person willing to scan them in for you nearby, or I guess you could ship them, or there's probably a copy shop locally that can give you a USB copy. I must say though that most of the original episodes are available on DVD, with the exception of the specials (if you have them, upload them somewhere online for safekeeping when you digitize them, they'll be hard to find again and DVD's do wear or get damaged if that's the route you go) and they are much better quality, obviously. I started burning mine to DVD for my niece before the DVD's came out here, and the result wasn't great, but then the original material wasn't really either.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal