collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: our generation girl accessories+ponies?  (Read 4152 times)

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
our generation girl accessories+ponies?
« on: November 18, 2016, 05:31:03 PM »
hi guys. i have been scoping out "our generation" girls (which are like american girl dolls) at target, and i really really really like the small accessory packs..but i can't really justify buying them to just own, and i have no interest in buying a girl doll, do any of you know if the size of the accessories is comparable to ponies? i think some of the small box sets would look really cute next to my girls, but i can't tell if they'd be too big or small. plus, they're way cuter than the pony-made accessories.
for example i really like the retro-record set, camping set, and travel set
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

i think it would look so cute next to my ponies.. however they are a little pricey in my mind (~20$)
is it worth the splurge? would they be about the right size?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: our generation girl accessories+ponies?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 05:49:22 PM »
Too big for ponies, I would think.  The dolls are really big.  Which is a shame because the accessories are so cute!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

cannibalism

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 06:01:04 PM »
looking at videos online i guess they are super huge i didn't notice before... thats really disappointing, they look like they would be a lot smaller : (

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 06:27:42 PM »
The dolls are 18in tall so they're HUGE compared to ponies. However some small stuff might work for larger ponies (G1, G3, G4 FS/Zilla) because 18in accessories are rarely completely in scale. I have an OG record and I think the size is perfect with G1s (which may be influenced by how short I am irl).

Lori, the OG minis, would probably fit better. I don't feel like moving all the dolls so its terrible but this is the Lori camper hidden behind them. I think ponies would fit in it pretty well.

Here's not-terrible photos of the camper if it helps.

Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families and Lil Woodzeez are a good size for G4 ponies, if I remember right. I'm not sure how they compare to bigger ones.

cannibalism

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 06:36:13 PM »
i was thinking that some of the sets, like the record set, might work anyway since looking at them they seem small-ish, though i am dissapointed about the travel set. the camper looks really cute, looks like ponies would hav a fun time in that ; )
the small in-home workspace looks like a fun place for ponies to work, sans the chair.

i tried looking at the calico critters sets, but they seem kind of teeny-tiny for g1s, which is most of my collection, but would probably work for g4s/blindbags, which i dont play with much.

thank you for the compare photos, the records look about the size i was hoping for. maybe ill just get that set!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 09:27:22 PM »
yeah some of the items from any doll line are going to be a hit or miss for size with ponies
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

cannibalism

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 09:30:54 PM »
yeah some of the items from any doll line are going to be a hit or miss for size with ponies

i wish they made more g1-style accessories, or atleast, that g1 playsets werent so expensive to ship and more readily available!! i want some cute playsets for my ponies : (

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 09:46:29 PM »
Figure out what "scale" you like with ponies (like 1:12, 1:6, 1:4, etc) and buy miniatures! There's a huge range of sizes they come in.

You could also make your own stuff! Polymer clay is a great medium for miniatures (omg I feel like an ad I've been allllll about the clay all over the Arena lately...) and there's like thousands of tutorials all over for all kinds of stuff. Or following/adapting other kinds of tutorials, like MyFroggyStuff's. It just takes some practice.

You could even do roomboxes but buying those would be super expensive, more than playsets with high shipping. You'd probably have to put it together yourself.

cannibalism

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 09:53:33 PM »
Figure out what "scale" you like with ponies (like 1:12, 1:6, 1:4, etc) and buy miniatures! There's a huge range of sizes they come in.

You could also make your own stuff! Polymer clay is a great medium for miniatures (omg I feel like an ad I've been allllll about the clay all over the Arena lately...) and there's like thousands of tutorials all over for all kinds of stuff. Or following/adapting other kinds of tutorials, like MyFroggyStuff's. It just takes some practice.

You could even do roomboxes but buying those would be super expensive, more than playsets with high shipping. You'd probably have to put it together yourself.

i don't know what scale ponies are..what should i look for..?
i know i could make things myself, but id have to buy supplies and also i ain't got time for that : /

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 10:45:14 PM »
I'm really not sure. Ponies are weird because scale is based on real life so its harder to apply that to unrealistic horses. I wonder if anyone has figured out the scale of the accessories and such, like the PE furniture/cutlery/etc? If its close to Barbie (1:6) then it should be easy to find lots of stuff, you just might have to dig a bit if you prefer things bigger/smaller.

cannibalism

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 11:11:13 PM »
I'm really not sure. Ponies are weird because scale is based on real life so its harder to apply that to unrealistic horses. I wonder if anyone has figured out the scale of the accessories and such, like the PE furniture/cutlery/etc? If its close to Barbie (1:6) then it should be easy to find lots of stuff, you just might have to dig a bit if you prefer things bigger/smaller.

i browsed around a little and i think i'd prefer 1:4 but im a little dissapointed that like, i'd have to buy all the accessories id want individually, or buy a roombox, and kill my wallet. that's why i was looking for a kids playset, it already comes with all the accessories.
i looked up lil woodeez since i had never heard of that before, and i think they'd be a nice size! i really like the florist playset, it looks like the perfect room size to fit one pony inside.

Offline frizzycat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 11:35:00 PM »
Lil Woodzeez is the same scale as Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families. I have the Lil Woodzeez bakery so I took a picture to show how a G1 looks in it. :) Have you tried 1:6 or Barbie sized items?

cannibalism

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2016, 12:03:18 AM »
hm okay..thanks for the picture! I might still get the florists' shop anyway, since it looks so cute.
i'll look into 1:6.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2016, 05:14:12 AM »
The lil woodzee and calico critters playsets are more G4 sized, but the accessories work well with G1s as well (I have the bake shop that frizzycat posted and the grocery and I use the food bits with G1s all the time.)

Elf

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2016, 05:34:10 AM »
Unfortunately miniatures are very expensive if you don't want to make your own, depending on the scale and level of realism you want. Sadly once it gets to a certain point its a loooot more work to make tiny stuff over the exact same stuff but bigger. Its a beautiful, evil money suck of a hobby haha.

And yeah, when I mentioned Calico Critters/Lil Woodzeez I didn't mean the playsets. I meant the accessories. A lot of them are a good size with G1 adults or babies for me personally. Playsets for the bigger ponies will be hard because they're a bit of an odd size.

There are no ponies in either review, but these might help give you a better idea of the brands and their quality. The might even help with size if you're familiar with mini Blythes/Pullips
http://www.toyboxphilosopher.com/2012/01/lil-woodzeez-honeysuckle-hollow-general.html
http://www.toyboxphilosopher.com/2012/06/sylvanian-families-water-mill-bakery.html

Maybe Rement could work? Has anyone tried that?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal