collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: comparing two coconuts  (Read 862 times)

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
comparing two coconuts
« on: November 07, 2016, 08:09:35 PM »
hey guys! it was my birthday this past saturday so i treated myself to buying my favorite g3 pony, Coconut Grove. im very happy to finally have her in my herd, twice over!
I bought one MIB and one loose. I ended up taking the MIB one out, partly because i felt bad for her and partly because her box got way damaged in transport, and i didnt want to risk her getting more gussied up. so i took MIB out, and i noticed some strange variances in my coconuts!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

here they are side by side, and perhaps you'll notice that MIB (left) and loose (right) are very subtle different shades of pink! MIB is slightly rosier, and loose has a more purple-tint. It also seems as though MIB's head is turned more dramatically than loose's. neither of their heads turn, they are glued tightly.

MIB also has a very apparent lean, she has a hard time standing up.
You can see in the left photo that MIB's hoof does not reach the ground all the way, unlike loose's.

also on their hooves, MIB has a "1" and loose has a "54". what do these numbers mean? why are they different? none of my other g3s have these single numbers on their hooves. they both say china and they both say 2004.
also not unknown and unsurprising, but the green in loose's hair is quite faded. I believe "envy" is the name for this color, and is known to fade over time. what is it about packaging that keeps their hair color so clear?

do any of your ponies have such variances? do you have a whole army of the same pony yet they're all different?
hopefully i'll have a proper army of coconut some day.  :good:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: comparing two coconuts
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 12:47:55 AM »
I don't know why, but I expect this to be a comparison of two literal coconuts. :lol:

I'm not sure what the differences mean, wish I could help!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 05:49:57 AM »
Intriguing! I went and checked my loose G3s as well. I only have a handful to research. Baby Flower Flash, Princess Silver Glow and Starbeam didn't have anything of interest, but check out Peach Surprise! The stamp is faint- I can't quite make out that first digit, is it a 2 or a 7?

Coconut Grove and Peach Surprise are both from 2005, but Starbeam and Silver Glow are from '04 and '06 respectively...and Peach Surprise isn't a scented pony...so I have NO IDEA what those numbers signify! >_< Would love to find out!
ISO UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire, and complete jewelry babies :cool:

cannibalism

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 10:32:10 AM »
huh! I believe peach says 25, but it's hard to tell haha.  I do know that the years on their hooves,  2002,4,5 etc dignify the year of the Mold,  not the year of the pony.  so coconuts pose was created in 2004, but not sold until 2005.

as for the single numbers, I have absolutely no clue what they mean and why only SOME g3s have them.  my best guess would be production order? though my MIB cg has a 1, so she would certainly be part of the "first 50" sticker club, which she isn't. 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 06:31:24 PM »
I don't know why, but I expect this to be a comparison of two literal coconuts. :lol:

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts deedly deedly
there they are all standing in a row!

i wouldnt have been able to tell the difference if you hadn't pointed them out. she's such a pretty pony though, i may hafta get one myself. you've got a good eye.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

cannibalism

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 07:36:19 PM »

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts deedly deedly
there they are all standing in a row!

i wouldnt have been able to tell the difference if you hadn't pointed them out. she's such a pretty pony though, i may hafta get one myself. you've got a good eye.

thank you..  :sheepish:
she's my most very favorite pony, so when i got her in person i sat there for a long time just looking at the two, i try to notice little stuff like that. I like how they are the same, but also so unique and different from eachother.

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 10:24:55 PM »
I looked through my G3s, and most of them have the numbers!

Rainbowberry, Daisy Paisley, Starsong, Finger Paints, Pumpkin Tart, Denim Blue, Toola-Roola, and Blossomforth all do. I'll have to go through and take photos of their hooves.

Dibble Dabble, Seascape, Waterfire and Twilight Twinkle don't.

Desert Blossom feels like there's a very slight indentation where a number would be, but there's nothing legible.
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

cannibalism

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 10:35:24 PM »
i just bought some new ponies today at the store, and my new Razaroo has a "1". still not sure what they mean! and why only some ponies have it!

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 11:29:06 PM »
Okay! My camera didn't want to focus, but here are the mysterious numbers on my G3s:

Rainbowberry says 58.

Daisy Paisley says 111. She's kind of an oddball, since the number is on one of her back hooves instead of the front.

Starsong says 7.

Finger Paints says 124.

Pumpkin Tart says 60.

Denim Blue says 41.

Toola-Roola says 159.

Blossomforth says 78.
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

cannibalism

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 11:47:43 PM »
how odd! my toola rolla doesnt say anything on her hoof : ( what is up with these numbers!

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 11:52:32 PM »
how odd! my toola rolla doesnt say anything on her hoof : ( what is up with these numbers!

There are several versions of her. Is yours the Core 7 era one with the paint splatters?

cannibalism

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 11:57:35 PM »

There are several versions of her. Is yours the Core 7 era one with the paint splatters?

nope, i have toola rolla I. still has swirls for a cutie mark. no number though. but my razaroo has one

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 12:06:32 AM »

nope, i have toola rolla I. still has swirls for a cutie mark. no number though. but my razaroo has one

That's probably the reason why mine has a number and yours doesn't. Different versions of the pony - or a different pony entirely that just happens to have the same name, depending on how you look at it.

cannibalism

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 12:09:54 AM »
true, though im wondering why not all of them have the numbers. why do only some of them have it?

Yukiru

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 07:44:01 AM »
Hmm, i wonder if the numbers are the IDs of the people who did quality control on them since none of them seem to match  :huh: Plus i looked on a few of my g3s and the numbers feel like they were stamped on and not part of the original mold.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 07:46:17 AM by Yukiru »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal