collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you voting?

I'm voting on Election Day
36 (32.7%)
Cast an early / absentee ballot
32 (29.1%)
I'm eligible to vote but I won't be voting
7 (6.4%)
I live in the USA but I'm not eligible to vote
3 (2.7%)
I'm not eligible and don't live in the USA but I wanted to click something
32 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author Topic: US Presidental Election - Did you vote?  (Read 6478 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: US Presidental Election - Did you vote?
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2016, 10:38:28 PM »
Not even sure what this country is anymore.  :yikes:
Embarassed and afraid
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2016, 10:56:51 PM »
He didn't wint because people like him, he won because people are sick of the establisment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2016, 01:04:03 AM »
America, you dissapoint me
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2016, 01:36:50 AM »
I, um... Feel bad for you. Honestly, I was sort of secretly rooting for Trump, because I'm afraid Putin would have gone to war against Clinton, and Russia is scary close to Norway  :yikes:
But listen, I've got a nice pair of spare bedrooms... You're all welcome to come live with me once Trump starts a war.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2016, 01:44:07 AM »
I, um... Feel bad for you. Honestly, I was sort of secretly rooting for Trump, because I'm afraid Putin would have gone to war against Clinton, and Russia is scary close to Norway  :yikes:
But listen, I've got a nice pair of spare bedrooms... You're all welcome to come live with me once Trump starts a war.

Same here, I hope the relationship between Russia and the US will improve the following years. Scared to death for WW3 since we're basically in between them.  I'm not going to judge now since we don't know how he will be. Guess we'll have to wait till January 2017 to figure it out.

Now I'm curious about the dutch elections next year. Also a bit of chaos going on this time.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2016, 01:49:41 AM »
So scared...
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2016, 02:22:58 AM »
I always thought the bigots, masochists and racists were a vocal minority. Guess I was wrong because they've surely crawled out of the woodwork.

I thought the same thing.  Every room I was ever in with a Trump supporter spouting off, there were only a few of them and the hate filled the room so I figured maybe 20% sounding like more than half...guess I underestimated my country again.  I once believed it was what they teach us it is in grade school, but that's all lies.  My country is full of hate and stupidity and has decided to take itself straight to hell.

To answer the posting question, I live in a state that always goes democrat so my presidential vote doesn't matter so I wrote in Twilight Sparkle for President cuz she gets things done.  I voted on all the propositions and measures except three, which I abstained on for various reasons, and on all the positions where I knew the candidates I voted my conscience.  On some I didn't know the people so for each of those I wrote in a pony name, specifically: Wind Whistler for a city council seat, Diamond Tiara for a transit director, Silver Spoon for a parks job, Bright Eyes for something I forgot what and there was no opponent to an evil incumbent city attorney so I wrote in Rainbow Dash for that one.

None of my ponies won, can you believe that?  What has it all come to.

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2016, 03:12:36 AM »
I'm upset, but we'll see how things go. Not optimistic in the slightest though.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2016, 04:27:42 AM »
You where this went off the rails?  When Comey poked his head out and said he was investigating Clinton emails again.  How the news was handled was terrible and Clinton was never going recover from that so close ld to the election.  Obama should call Comey into his office and say plainly "You're fired!"

The worries about Clinton's emails and the Clinton Foundation depressed would be Clinton voters just enough for her to lose too many states.  She lost PA and WI by razor thin margins.  Looking at the remaining vote left to be counted, so might pull it out in Michigan and New Hampshire.  This issue probably also cost the Democrats in three or four Senate seats, enough to flip that house of congress.  They could have also cut deeper into the House majority.

However, yes, the angry white people came out to vote.  This is brexit where the tribalism reared its ugly head.  The result is someone who has never done any public service and destroyed those who worked with and for him to build his fortune.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2016, 05:06:50 AM »

Considering Trump wants to stop paying the fees to UN and dislikes Nato and talked about leaving, chance is he wont do a thing if Putin decides to invade Finland and the Baltic countries. Hillary was the safe haven, not Trump.

Just found out all my relatives across the pond voted for Trump. I am devastaded. :(

Offline joce

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2016, 05:35:52 AM »
I work in healthcare and see the disaster Obamacare is on a daily basis. I have to do precerts. My patients are again dropping ins because of cost but now having a fine!! My ins is insane!! I work and it's nuts! My deductible is five grand. I pay something like 200/check to. And prices go up this year. Just got the pack but haven't looked.

So yeah. People that get completely free ins may have seen some improvement. Those that pay for it were screwed. Those are the people that came out and voted. We are not women hating racists. I work with this stuff every day. I used to volunteer for the Democratic Party for gods sake!! They made a joke of themselves this year!!

And talk about being a bully!! The way the dnc ran their campaign was disgusting. All they did was act like it was a big click of celebrity and if you vote for him you are a women hating bigot. What?! Give me a break. That backfired on them. I see the failure at work everyday. I don't care what Beyoncé tells me to do. Sorry but I care about my patients and what is killing them and services they can not get and this year many are not going to have ins again. It's a disgusting system. And don't even get me started on all different kinds of assistance fraud that "doesn't exist".
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2016, 05:55:18 AM »
Texas sickens me....I'm not surprised though.  :pout:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2016, 05:55:44 AM »
He didn't wint because people like him, he won because people are sick of the establisment.

I think this is true.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2016, 06:13:25 AM »
Texas sickens me....I'm not surprised though.  :pout:

We're not all Trump supporters.  Myself and most of my friends who live here are disgusted and afraid right now.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2016, 06:14:33 AM »
I don't know much about how you vote there, I have friends and colleagues who are american, as far as I can tell they were all with her. Still I have latino relatives that I know for sure did vote for Trump. So I guess the majority had a good reason to do so, and not for Clinton. Maybe it is a symptom that something is really wrong right now. Politics are getting really weird this time. UK voted for Brexit, Spain voted twice for a thief and a leader that took the country to the wastelands, and here in France we have not many choices, they all look the same. So when people would vote for Marine Lepen that will not surprise me at all. People all aover the world is getting tired of the politics we have right now (except in some places where they are so afraid of change that they prefer the bad to the unknown.)
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal