collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dreamvalley closed?!  (Read 13607 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Dreamvalley closed?!
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2016, 08:14:43 PM »
This was the website I went to when finding a g1 pony in my old toy closet as a preteen and diving into the world of collecting with this as my tool. How sad!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2016, 08:22:23 PM »
:cry: Wow, I don't know what to say. Is it overdramatic to say that Dream Valley was life-changing for me? That was the first site I found when I started properly collecting when I was 13. I remember poring over that site and its backcard pictures and I know my collecting journey would have been so different without that site that I loved so much.

Offline PetSounds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2016, 10:15:21 PM »
:cry: Wow, I don't know what to say. Is it overdramatic to say that Dream Valley was life-changing for me? That was the first site I found when I started properly collecting when I was 13. I remember poring over that site and its backcard pictures and I know my collecting journey would have been so different without that site that I loved so much.

I'm with you. It was also life changing for me. I really liked the notes she made on it. I love a personal touch on things. *sigh*
"I guess I just wasn't made for these times..."   - Pet Sounds

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2016, 10:16:16 PM »
I'm with you Haruna.  Finding Dream Valley was like a whole new world for me as a kid.  I'd had the last few years of ponies (they hung around here a few years after their release dates) and was just devastated when the line ended.  I had a couple of school friends who collected, so they had ponies I'd never found, but having a resource like that was like running through a gigantic lolly shop.  We couldn't believe how many ponies there were, and the rainbow backgrounds were so magical.  My mum was into collecting too and she printed out the whole site in paper form at one stage and refused to throw it out, I'm so glad she did now. :(

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2016, 10:27:24 PM »
I will miss Dream Valley a lot.  I used it years and years ago and still used it recently :( I made many a pony wish lists using her site.  I'm sad to see it go.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:29:36 PM by Sukey »

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 11:16:20 PM »
no no nooooooooooooo, this was my mlp bible when i first joined the online community and it taught  me much needed info :cry: wow after all this time, so so sad :(

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2016, 12:17:43 AM »
Aw no, that is sad. :( It was the first site I discovered back when I was getting back into MLP way back in 2002/03.

Dream Valley will be truly missed. :sad:

My MLP Tumblr

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2016, 12:43:33 AM »

Mine too!! Dream Valley was the first website I discovered that had in-depth and full coverage of all of the ponies, and I even printed out *every single page* on Year 1-10 and kept it in a binder so I could look at it all the time!! (I used up all of the ink several times, as I recall! ;)) I know we have other reference sites now, but man, DV was still my go-to for a lot of searches. :( RIP, Dream Valley. I hope it returns someday, despite it all.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2016, 01:05:38 AM »
 :sad: :sad: oh no !! I'm sad now

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2016, 01:33:53 AM »
It still works for me? - am I missing something? I'll be devastated at the loss of dream valley! I too spent many dimes printing off the pages at my library!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2016, 03:55:49 AM »
So sad.
I discovered Dream Valley when I started to collect actively and I still use the g1 checklist.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2016, 04:16:31 AM »
This site was instrumental in getting me into collecting ponies as an adult. I remember in second year university going on a nostalgia trip online looking at all the toys we'd had as kids. DV was, far and away, the most comprehensive site we found. So much nostalgia coupled with so much amazement at all the ponies I never knew existed.

Best of luck to Kim in the future.

Elf

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2016, 06:31:27 AM »
Has anyone tried contacting her, maybe plead with her to reconsider?

This was my first pony home too, the checklist I use to this day is the one I got from her website. I still use (used?) the website- referenced some things just this summer...

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2016, 07:13:19 AM »
As others have pointed out, it has long been a dead sight walking.  It had not been updated in years, and other sights had surpassed it in being a comprehensive resource.  It is sad to see such storied piece of history in this community disappear in a puff of smoke, but I can understand why she did not want to keep it up.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2016, 08:04:38 AM »

Mine too!! Dream Valley was the first website I discovered that had in-depth and full coverage of all of the ponies, and I even printed out *every single page* on Year 1-10 and kept it in a binder so I could look at it all the time!! (I used up all of the ink several times, as I recall! ;)) I know we have other reference sites now, but man, DV was still my go-to for a lot of searches. :( RIP, Dream Valley. I hope it returns someday, despite it all.

I did this too and still have it!

It's sad to see it go but I respect her decision.  And as others have said, it is no longer the only or most comprehensive resource.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal