collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Baby brother Sweet Celebrations HK and China???  (Read 356 times)

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+127)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Baby brother Sweet Celebrations HK and China???
« on: October 30, 2016, 01:17:41 PM »
Ok, I thought the Loving Family ponies all were from China, but I discovered today that I have two Sweet Celebrations brothers. One is from China and the other from Hong Kong? What is the difference? Have the HK been sold to specific  countries?
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
Re: Baby brother Sweet Celebrations HK and China???
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 02:42:01 PM »
There are Hong Kong and China versions of all the adult ponies along with No Country Spanish ones.
In 1987 they were switching factories from Hong Kong to China so there are variations in lots of the sets from that date. I'm trying to think about the babies. Baby Brother Apple Delight, Baby Sister Sweet Celebrations and Baby Brother Bright Bouquet were only released in Europe but all the other babies were sold everywhere. I've lost my notes so I'm wondering if the US ones were just Hong Kong and the European ones were both Hong Kong and China. Someone else will be along soon who has a better memory than me :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 02:03:20 AM »
I don't have a better memory nor access to my pony collection, but in general when it's a HK and China thing, the HK ones more often show up stateside and the Chinese ones in Europe. That is absolutely not a set rule, just a guideline.

In the UK for sure we had the US sets sold as three (mum, baby, dad) and they were in US boxes. I think we tracked them down to Woolworths. I have a box for the Apple Delight set (actually, Nella, its the exact box for the ponies you bought from me, so their provenance is American!) and I think it says something about HK on it, but I think the ponies I sold you were Chinese? If so it's really not a set rule...

We also had them sold separately on cards. I know that the NC adults come from that separated set. I've not seen a HK baby for the exclusive three ponies, but I haven't spent a lot of time looking at the others. I think most of the ones I've seen have been Chinese, but as I said, since the UK had US imports and our own European release, I don't know if that is significant.

All I know is that I have never seen a HK adult from this country. I also don't think I have a single HK adult for the families in my collection. Only NC and Chinese...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 02:14:15 PM »
That's the info I was trying to remember Taffeta. I found my wishlist but it doesn't have all the info I'm thinking of. I'm still looking for the Hong Kong baby Sister Apple Delight and I remember checking all the ponies at PonyCon for a couple of years but only found the China version.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal