collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Now and Then: Who Is On Your Holiday Wishlist?  (Read 815 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Now and Then: Who Is On Your Holiday Wishlist?
« on: October 30, 2016, 06:46:48 AM »
Halloween is tomorrow night, and then the lead-up to the holiday season will be officially underway. With names already handed out for the holiday swaps, I've been thinking about which ponies I'd most like to find under the tree this year--from friends, from my bf, from myself... I've also been reflecting on holiday seasons past, remembering the toys I wanted most as a child: both those I got and the occasional 'one that got away'.

It is with these two thoughts in mind that I decided to start this thread. Feel free to share pony related holiday memories (for Christmas or whatever you personally celebrate this time of year) and feel free to let us know who's on your holiday wishlist and why. :)

Childhood:

I didn't receive ponies at Christmas as a kid, because I was not an active MLP fan back then. My love was Barbie, and wow did I have a lot of those. :lol:

However, there is one MLP I did want for a Christmas gift, and the fact that I didn't realize she was an MLP is likely the reason I didn't get her. That would be Pretty Puff, I kept thinking she was a Keyper. The year I wanted her (I didn't know her name; just that she could store things and what color she was) my parents had both been laid off from work. The large Keyper horses were likely very expensive and they decided to get me a pink and blue ladybug instead. An additional irony to the fact that I didn't know I wanted an MLP then is that the little ladybug I had back then is the only Keyper I want now.

This Year:

This will be my second year with ponies being a big part of how I celebrate. Some of last year's pony highlights included Princess Primrose, MGR Sunnybunch, Baby Starburst, my first custom (Happily Ever After), Swirly Whirly, and Twinkler (sparkle pony).

So, who's at the top of this year's most wanted list...?

Princess Starburst -- She's the last of the first set of princess ponies that I need to have my first complete set. I'm usually not a set collector, but the princesses are one of the few sets I want to own fully and completing them this year would be exciting.

Starshine -- It seems kind of unfair to her that I have so much of her merch, but I don't have her. :lol: She's one of my favorite rainbow ponies, and she is a white g1 which is something I don't have a lot of. (The only ones in my collection are Princess Tiffany and Baby Stocking).

Tuneful or Pretty Beat -- I've wanted these two from the first moment I saw them. I love their bold patterns and striking colors. I also love the fact that they are music ponies.

Bright Night and Sunblossom -- The glittery sweetheart sisters are another set I want town fully. I have Twinkler and Starflash, but I still need these two ladies.

I'm also really interested in anything that would be a 'first' for me:

-- First adult male g1
-- First winger / summer pony
-- First baby sea pony
-- First princess from the 2nd set of princesses (haven't started that set yet)

... And of course, I still want Pretty Puff. Because some things never change. :lol:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

So, who are you looking for this holiday season? Feel free to share. :)

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Now and Then: Who Is On Your Holiday Wishlist?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 09:06:17 AM »
Then:  I grew up amongst practicing and active Jehovah's Witnesses, so no holidays for me.  I didn't even dare to dream that someone would give me a present because my parents would take it away.  Really.  They took away my school craft projects, my Valentine's and any kind of birthday presents that other people gave me! 

Now:  Now that we're single income in a horrific economy, I hope for nothing other than being able to sell most of my collections off.  But sales have been super hard lately because there's no money for even the secondhand market! I post something for $30, someone asks if I'll sell for $5.    *crosses hooves for better sales*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 11:07:35 AM »
Then: i think that the first gift i remember asking for was a doll! i was probably four? and my parents got me this beautiful cathay porcelain doll. i totally treasured her, in fact, she still lives in my bedroom!
i also asked for a pair of cowgirl boots every year!

Now: im most hoping for the junko mizuno art pony! or spanish tootsie  :blush:

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 11:35:11 AM »
Then: I'm an only child in a lower middle-class family and my parent's have spoiled me all my life. I've been getting presents out the wazoo since I was a kiddo. I already had over 30 presents under the tree every morning and then my grandma would come and bring me at least half of that (and she would give me things I loved the most because she didn't judge what I asked for). I only had three stuffed ponies as a kid I don't remember how they came into my possession. I did have one Christmas where my parents got me the 6" beanies of every single care bear of the 2000's reboot, even true heart and noble heart. They're packed in the attic and I'll take them with me one day.They would take me to toys r us and gauge my reactions and once I got use of the internet I'd make lists for them. Then my bff taught me how to sneak around a figure out what my parents got me..

Now: I'm 19 and still give my parents a Christmas list. Just gave it to them yesterday, two amazon wish lists (pony & general) and a list of clothes. Grandma passed this year and we're struggling to pay off the debt on her land so my Christmas may be smaller than normal. My pony wish list is mainly any G4 side-characters released since fall and some of the comics. I haven't been buying any ponies, just two singles in the past four months, because I'm saving money for an important gift to myself. Ever since I started asking for ponies I've always got some really good ones, so I'm bound to get something. Unfortunately my mother won't buy through ebay so I won't be getting any G1's.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

theamazingfetus

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 01:12:57 PM »
I don't remember ever getting MLP as a christmas as a child, I think I only got them as birthday/easter gifts, or at least I only have memories of having them around spring time.

However, in the 2000's, I remember being around 11-12ish and I asked for g3 applejack's playset and my mother mocked me and told me that it was for kids and refused to buy it for me. I have not asked her for anything pony-related since them. I think she thinks the fact that I'm 24 and I still like playing with the ponies ridiculous. (I don't really play with them so much as I display them but you know what I'm talking about)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 05:44:57 PM »
Then - Ponies weren't a big thing in my household for any holiday but I know I received g1s at least twice.  I got a SS Windwhistler for Christmas when I was four and Raincurl when I was 6. 

In general, the biggest thing on my wishlist when I was little was usually whatever Barbie was most popular at the time and an American Girl doll.  I usually got the Barbies but I didn't get an AG doll until I was an adult and could buy one with my own money.  :D

Now -  There aren't a lot of ponies on my wishlist at the moment, but I would really like some mountain boys.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Ariana

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 05:50:26 PM »
Then: I got into ponies at the tail end of G3 (around 2007), so I asked for what was left for Christmas such as the Ice Cream Dream Supreme playset and some Ponyville playsets. I remember getting a Costco exclusive set with Starsong's tour bus and a bunch of extra Ponyvilles (:

Now: My parents don't really shop online so I can't really ask for anything except for G4s. I asked for the Walmart Exclusive Crystal Empire Castle, along with some of the glittery Toys R Us brushables and the light up Luna and Cadence, as well as the Pinkie Pie donut shop!  Added to that are some LPS sets, a Pony Surprise, and some Calico critters and I'll be rolling around in lots of toys for Christmas  ^.^ ^.^ I can't wait!  :frolic:
Follow my SFW pony tumblr: http://yodawgiheardyoulikeponies.tumblr.com/
Trade/sale list and wishlist:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371182.0.html
My MLP Youtube Channel:

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 06:00:23 PM »
then: any pony in general
today: ... someone to magically pay all my bills XD
pony wise? i wouldn't mind a sunburst suddenly popping up for me lol not gonna happen i have no funds for ponies anymore
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 06:24:40 PM »
I wasn't into MLP growing up so, I can't really say what I wanted for then in a pony sense (though, similar time frame for me growing up then I wanted the Megazord from MMPR because I had the Dragonzord and couldn't combine it, pffft).

Now, uhhh. I don't really know. I have a pretty long list that I need to organize, as it's all stuff I never really could track down when I was still collecting due to money. That.. I really can't still now, though I have more money now than I did then at least..? First one that I could say was a Mimic though ;o;/

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 08:08:22 PM »
Then: I didn't like MLP as a kid but for a long time I had Breyers on my wishlist. I only ever got one (and not even for a holiday) but I adored her. I still hate that my mom got rid of her.

Now: I asked my grandma for some American Girl PJs (like for me lol) but I haven't decided what to ask my mom for, if she even asks what I want. I'm leaning towards BAB Minty. She's just so cute! I don't have any BAB ponies so it would be nice to get her. Plus very festive, haha.
Non-pony, but the big thing I'm gonna ask for this year is an American Girl Samantha or A Girl For All Time Clementine. I don't have my hopes up but who knows.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 09:08:47 PM »
Any one of these is fine
Wigwam
Ribbon
Pretty n Pearly Baby Sea Shimmer
Show Stable Carry Case
NES Mini
One of the things I commissioned from my boyfriend finished
Some CollectA horses
Grand Champion Grails: Mr. Chips, Ice Sculpture or Snowy Knight with All his tack
G1 Autobot Cosmos
Titans Return Astrotrain
Titans Return Brain Storm (in my dreams)
Sanrio Surprise Little Twin Stars Blanket

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:16:08 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 05:58:50 PM »
Then: I know I got G1s for Xmas but I can't remember specifically which ones.

Now: I'm nearly 40 and my mom still buys me ponies for Xmas!  I've asked her to get me one of the playsets that are around now (Crystal Empire castle, Twilight's train, or the swan boat) and I'll get myself the others afterward.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 06:03:43 PM »
Well, not much has changed in the sense that I still ask for toys for Christmas, only now they're girls' toys.

Then:  Probably Hot Wheels, Micro Machines, and possibly Beanie Babies.  There might have also been Pokemon stuff thrown in there as well, I can't really remember all that well.

Now:  As far as MLP stuff goes, I've been sending a list to my sister for my birthday and Christmas, since she's the only person in my family I'm okay with knowing about my pony collection. I should probably pare it down to the things I most want since it doesn't seem like she puts much effort into finding them (even though I list where each item is sold).

If I don't ask for anything specific, my Mom and Stepdad will get me money, but I may ask for a model plane or two, since I haven't gotten any in a very long time.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 07:12:13 PM »
There was almost always some kind of Barbie on my list when I was a kid. Other than that my interests were seriously varied. I don't think I could give a succinct list. But mostly princess type stuff and stuffed animals.

My mom gets really upset if I don't give her a list and she gets ridiculously stressed out. From what I gather she's afraid that presents will make or break Christmas. So she got a variety of Amazon lists from me. Books, music, movies, clothes, ponies. She always gets sad if things aren't a surprise so she was actually really excited this year for all the options. But at the same time she wants to make sure to get the very specific things we want. So normally we pick one big gift (this year is Canterlot Castle for me) that we are guaranteed and the rest who knows. It's funny talking to her now though because through Christmas shopping she's actually started picking up on pony stuff. I love seeing her get into it instead of teasing me about interests like when I was a kid. Not that she knows it but that's really my favorite gift this year.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 07:32:39 PM »
Then:  I can't remember getting any ponies for Christmas growing up, though I did love them!  I know I got them for birthdays.  I remember getting a couple of fakies and the Moondreamer polar bear for Christmas, though.

Now:  I'd love for the Adagio Dazzle mini to come out before Christmas so I could get her.  Same for the Photo Finish and Celestia minis.
I'd also really love to get some Luna plushies.  I saw the Funrise one at Toys R Us recently and she's so cute.  Also hoping I can get pearly Coloro--color... Rara. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal