collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Restoring Windy/Summer wing ponies  (Read 415 times)

Offline PetSounds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Restoring Windy/Summer wing ponies
« on: October 19, 2016, 03:52:10 PM »
I ended up with a Sun Glider in a recent eBay win. Her poor wings are faded and her hair has been chopped off  :cry: I would prefer to restore her since her body is in good shape. I can't remember if anyone here is still selling Summer Wing replacements. Also didn't know if re-hairing manes/tails on these is about the same as with other ponies..... any advice is appreciated! :) thank you
"I guess I just wasn't made for these times..."   - Pet Sounds

Offline Christahope

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Depends Pony
  • Moondancer is best pony
    • View Profile
Re: Restoring Windy/Summer wing ponies
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:37:02 PM »
Hi there! Congrats on her! :biggrin: The first time I ever rehaired a pony it was summer wing Little Flitter. For me it seemed about the same as rehairing a regular pony. Just a bit smaller. I used Saran and was totally inexperienced, but it worked out in the end. Wish I had a pic. I hope it is allowed to share, but Pinkkittywinks has an Etsy shop with gorgeous replacement wings. I haven't needed to buy any yet, but if I do, it will be hers!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/193185054/sun-glider-iridescent-reproduction-or?ref=shop_home_active_3

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 11:00:35 PM »
Good to know, when I get back my damaged childhood Flurry I want to restore her so that she is no longer that sad pony at my parents home.
There's a tutorial for the wings replacement, but I didn't find the wings, so thanks Christahope ;-)
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline PetSounds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 05:08:47 PM »
Hi there! Congrats on her! :biggrin: The first time I ever rehaired a pony it was summer wing Little Flitter. For me it seemed about the same as rehairing a regular pony. Just a bit smaller. I used Saran and was totally inexperienced, but it worked out in the end. Wish I had a pic. I hope it is allowed to share, but Pinkkittywinks has an Etsy shop with gorgeous replacement wings. I haven't needed to buy any yet, but if I do, it will be hers!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/193185054/sun-glider-iridescent-reproduction-or?ref=shop_home_active_3

Thank you for the link! It appears her shop is taking a break so I will sign up to see if she starts making the wings again :) (I think hers look better than the original tbh!)

I've never re-haired any pony before but I have a flat foot Blossom and a bunch of ponies that came in an eBay lot without tails or with horrific haircuts to mane and tail so... A lot of practice ahead of me :)
"I guess I just wasn't made for these times..."   - Pet Sounds

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal