collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: mint vs. loose  (Read 3732 times)

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: mint vs. loose
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 11:31:37 AM »
I'd never detox a MOC that I was planning to sell later.  but if she's a grail,  and I'm just gonna keep her,  shes all mine!!  out the box you go
Exactly, if she's common she goes next, but if she's not, then she goes outside to have fun...
Sometimes I wonder if there was a Mimic like that, what would I do, keep her or resell her and buy something else.... hard question actually.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:53:09 PM by Khayman81 »
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 12:01:40 PM »
Loose. I like playing with my ponies  :P not just looking at em.
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 12:25:16 PM »
Definitely loose, but someday when I get an MIB I doubt I'll take it out considering value alone.

I think the biggest thing holding me back from buying an MIB (specifically G1) is fear of age marks appearing on the pony inside the bubble. Then you have no idea whether to leave it in the box or take it out to avoid further damage
My Tumblr

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2016, 01:08:13 PM »
All my boys and girls are loose. I perfer it that way. I dont mind mint or just good condition ponies. Though that is the way I like them. I have a few ponies in boxes not very much. In my own personal opinion. I think if it was in a box damaged I would still leave it. I wouldn't chance taking it out.

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2016, 01:16:07 PM »
I'd never detox a MOC that I was planning to sell later.  but if she's a grail,  and I'm just gonna keep her,  shes all mine!!  out the box you go
Exactly, if she's common she goes next, but if she's not, then she goes outside to have fun...
Sometimes I wonder if there was a Mimic like that, what would I do, keep her or resell her and buy something else.... hard question actually.

that is a tough question.  I'd probably keep he rin box if I found her...and sell her when I really need money.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2016, 03:04:24 PM »
Bad topic of conversation. Ultimately usually ends up really heated.

I keep old ponies mip. There are only so many left. If I ever wanted to part with them I'd sell them on to another MIP collector. Just because there are limited supplies, I feel very much that those should be protected as they are in the community for collecting as time goes on. We don't need more loose Cotton Candys and the reality is that deboxing in the past has put up prices in the present.

In terms of newer ponies, they're in production so I don't feel any issue about them coming out of packages. I only really feel strongly about G1 because of the real limited number that remain to us now.

And that is all I am saying, because this is a bad subject.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

cannibalism

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2016, 03:32:31 PM »
Bad topic of conversation. Ultimately usually ends up really heated.

I keep old ponies mip. There are only so many left. If I ever wanted to part with them I'd sell them on to another MIP collector. Just because there are limited supplies, I feel very much that those should be protected as they are in the community for collecting as time goes on. We don't need more loose Cotton Candys and the reality is that deboxing in the past has put up prices in the present.

In terms of newer ponies, they're in production so I don't feel any issue about them coming out of packages. I only really feel strongly about G1 because of the real limited number that remain to us now.

And that is all I am saying, because this is a bad subject.

im not trying to stir anything up. I was just genuinely curious about all points of interest.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2016, 05:04:36 PM »
Mint and MIB are very, very different things.

I mainly collect G1. I would never, ever open a MIB, mint in box, or MOC, mint on card, pony unless there was severe damage to the card/box (literally falling apart, not a tiny rip/tear/etc) or it was damaging the pony (mold, stains, wet, burned). I don't think there is ANY reason to open a MIB/MOC G1 aside from those.

However I don't see much point in leaving ponies mint in bag. Bags are damaging in a way and really don't contribute anything to the looks of the pony. In fact, bags make ponies look terrible imo. I bought a bagged November Chrysanthemum to open years ago and it was a wonderful experience (and before anyone jumps on me she's the only G1 I ever plan to open), but the bag hurt her. She has small stains and marks from rubbing up against her card for decades. Her hair is an absolute nightmare (still untouched years later because its so bad). If I got another bagged pony I'd just sell it on to a mint in bag collector but gosh, do I hate those bags.

G2 is the same for me but I don't think any came in bags that I'm aware of? So I'd just leave all G2s alone. G3s are getting to the point where I wouldn't personally want to open them but if someone else did I wouldn't be upset or anything. I've never seen a MIB G3.5 so I wouldn't open one of those. As for G4, I don't care. They're current and their packaging isn't all that pretty and/or they don't look great (what happened to factory curl Hasbro?) so I don't care at all. If I get G4s they're always opened.

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2016, 05:50:27 PM »
I have a MIB G2 pair and a Mint G2 with mostly intact packaging boy. I have reams of MIB/MOC G3s. I was in a kind of "gotta catch 'em all" mode when I started collecting them. I wish I had any of the packaging from my G1 herd. I'd likely never open a G1. Most ponies that I truly want to collect I have a shelf-double for my own need to touch my ponies (as the pocketbook allows, of course).

I say, you bought it it's your option.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2016, 06:14:05 PM »
I will say, G2s look lovely MIP!  That's the generation that I most understand wanting to collect in package for.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2016, 03:13:54 PM »
I collect loose G1's because I like to touch my ponies, style them, display them etc. I have 1 MOC Argie and she is staying MOC. I don't actively seek MIB or MOC but if I get any more I will keep them that way. I also believe that they are in such limited supply I would never want to decard a G1 unless there was a serious problem like mold inside the card. If I wanted that pony loose, I would buy her loose and not MOC. I do care about the community as a whole so I'd hate to remove one more MOC pony from circulation. Even if I never plan on selling, when I pass away I want my collection to go on to other collectors.

For G4 I debox because like I said, I like them out to display and touch. I've kept a few rare ones like Starswirl and Rainbow Flash MIB because I have a hard time deboxing such rare and expensive ponies. Everyone else gets to come out.

Edit: I'm not sure if the original question is do people prefer to collect MOC vs Loose ponies? Or do people keep their ponies MOC vs debox them? This might steer how this thread goes because these topics do get heated.   ^.^
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 03:16:13 PM by Shy Violet »

Offline telelle_wings

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 03:38:41 PM »
I want loose ponies because I want to be able to touch them and display them easily.

I did however buy MIB my little kitties and puppies and open the packages, years ago. Long story of losing my collection as a child, then losing an auction for the set, and then winning an auction but the figures had sharpie on them. So then I got the MIB versions so that I would have absolutely perfect figures. I opened the packages halfway so that I could take them out and photograph them and I actually keep them stored in their halfway opened packages. I do feel guilt over it but I will never sell them so it really doesn't matter... I would also never attempt to re-sell them as MIBs.

cannibalism

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 03:40:06 PM »
im surprised at how many "i like to hold them" comments are being made. i love it!

Offline telelle_wings

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2016, 03:45:46 PM »
im surprised at how many "i like to hold them" comments are being made. i love it!

Yeah, as I was typing it on my reply I was hoping no one would take it a weird direction. lol  You know how cats like to rub their cheeks on things they like or want to make theirs? It's like that. hahahahaha

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 08:41:45 AM »
If I buy a pony MIB  then that is how they stay. If it is a G1, then I definitely do not open. Though I wouldn't tell someone they were wrong for opening theirs.....even though it would horrify me. lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal