collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any TMNT fans here? (1987 series especially, but all Turtles fans welcome!)  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Curious to know how many of us love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in some form. I grew up on them, although my favorite thing was the 1990 movie and I remembered very little about the 1987 series despite watching it. I wasn't even ready to get back into it when I started religiously watching the 2003 series and decided I preferred my Turtles darker and more serious. But this summer I saw the new movie and loved it and that eventually led to trying the 1987 series. Now I'm obsessed with it. It's such goofy, silly nonsense that knows it's goofy, silly nonsense, and somehow that's apparently what I need in my life right now. It's such a good series for a pick-me-up.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
Re: Any TMNT fans here? (1987 series especially, but all Turtles fans welcome!)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 07:31:39 AM »
Me, me!! Total turtle nerd here. I may or may not be in love with Raphael. ;)

I grew up on the 1987 turtles cartoons as well, and watched the two live-action movies about a million times during my childhood. XD I really liked the darker 2k3 cartoon series as well. My husband actually introduced me to it awhile back. I think because we are older now it makes them more relate-able when they are more serious and grown-up.

Have you seen the newest TV series that is on now, that started in 2012?? Omg, I LOVE it! :D Can't stand the Michael Bay movies, though. He destroyed everything. >.<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 08:13:03 AM »
I love the 80s series. That was the only 'boy' show I watched when I was little and I wasn't even allowed to. XP I usually watched it when I spent the night at my grandparents'. Naughty me. My other grandma helped a lot with the whole not allowed to watch it thing by giving me a box one time that contained a Donatello plushie, several coloring books and a storybook that centered around Donatello. I remember being jealous of my cousin that had all four of the plushies and wanting a tshirt but of course back then there weren't really any Ninja Turtle shirts for girls. My parents wouldn't have bought me one anyway. What they did get me was a book highlighting why Ninja Turtles are so bad for children. I read that book several times but kept watching the show at my grandparents' XP I really can't stand how the Turtles look now. They look so much better in their 80s designs. Michaelangelo was always my favorite though being given the plushie and storybook of him gave me a soft spot for Donatello too.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:15:03 AM by Koudoawaia »

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 08:21:40 AM »
I don't mind them :)  I remember the genesis games and my brother had the toys fromt he 80s and early 90s :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 09:41:59 AM »
Oh, yes! I was hugely into the Turtles as a kid. I remember hunting for Turtles toys when my grandparents took me to Florida. They actually had the Turtles at Disney Word and I got my picture taken with them. I had Ninja Turtle birthday cakes for two years (Leonardo and Donatello) and got a lot of Turtle themed presents.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 02:21:42 PM »
Hmm.... Let's see.....

I've only met 3 of the 4 voice actors..... :P

I'm not that into them right now, but I went through a pretty obsessive TMNT phase in the early 90s.

sailorstitch

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 05:47:27 PM »
Have you seen the newest TV series that is on now, that started in 2012?? Omg, I LOVE it! :D Can't stand the Michael Bay movies, though. He destroyed everything. >.<

I've only seen clips of the 2012 series, but all of my plushies and shirts are styled like the 2012 series, and my Michelangelo figure is also from that line. :) There were things about Nick's series that made me reluctant to try it, but I'm finally to a point now where I'm ready to see it. I'm looking into buying some of the DVDs soon!

I love the 80s series. That was the only 'boy' show I watched when I was little and I wasn't even allowed to. XP I usually watched it when I spent the night at my grandparents'. Naughty me. My other grandma helped a lot with the whole not allowed to watch it thing by giving me a box one time that contained a Donatello plushie, several coloring books and a storybook that centered around Donatello. I remember being jealous of my cousin that had all four of the plushies and wanting a tshirt but of course back then there weren't really any Ninja Turtle shirts for girls. My parents wouldn't have bought me one anyway. What they did get me was a book highlighting why Ninja Turtles are so bad for children. I read that book several times but kept watching the show at my grandparents' XP I really can't stand how the Turtles look now. They look so much better in their 80s designs. Michaelangelo was always my favorite though being given the plushie and storybook of him gave me a soft spot for Donatello too.

I remember TV Guide bashing the 1987 series now and then. I always scoffed and booed at their complaints, LOL. Maybe it wasn't the most educational show out there, but it sure was fun.

That was sweet of your grandmother to give you those Turtles things! I'm surprised your parents let you have them, though.

I don't mind them :)  I remember the genesis games and my brother had the toys fromt he 80s and early 90s :)

How fun! I have Raphael and Fugitoid figures from the 1987 series, Leonardo from the second 1990s movie, and Donatello styled more like the comic book Turtles. I have no memory of why I never got around to getting Michelangelo as a kid, but I've finally rectified that this year. I've been learning about the old games and they sound like a lot of fun!

Oh, yes! I was hugely into the Turtles as a kid. I remember hunting for Turtles toys when my grandparents took me to Florida. They actually had the Turtles at Disney Word and I got my picture taken with them. I had Ninja Turtle birthday cakes for two years (Leonardo and Donatello) and got a lot of Turtle themed presents.

That sounds so awesome at Disney World and on your birthdays! I think my birthday in a week is going to be very Turtle-themed this year. :)

Hmm.... Let's see.....

I've only met 3 of the 4 voice actors..... :P

I'm not that into them right now, but I went through a pretty obsessive TMNT phase in the early 90s.

sailorstitch

Wooow, that is awesome that you met that many of them! And is that a Build-a-Bear rabbit wearing a Leonardo mask/Turtles clothes?

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 05:50:46 PM »
Yes, BABW has some pretty awesome TMNT stuff. But at the convention I was repeatedly asked if I made them. :P

sailorstitch

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 06:20:05 PM »
I like them. I collect the old and new figures but have not bought any in ages.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 06:33:05 PM »
Yes, BABW has some pretty awesome TMNT stuff. But at the convention I was repeatedly asked if I made them. :P

sailorstitch

Yesss, they do! And LOL. That's a nice compliment.

I like them. I collect the old and new figures but have not bought any in ages.

Neat! I wish they had made a human version of 1987 Baxter Stockman instead of just the fly version. I've found myself kind of fascinated by that version of the character.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 08:25:39 PM »
Yes, I was small when the old series started, but I was obsessed. I mean like having all the toys, being s turtle for five halloweens in a row and just knowing more turtle trivia then a child should know. I've never watched much of the newer tv series as they don't appeal to me the way the old ones did. I've seen all the new movies and have them, but they still aren't exactly "it". Lol always love my old turtles and man I even still have the ninja wrap song on my phone. 

I do have lots of turtle shirts and pj's ect more fitting to the 80-90's turtles. I still haven't found my childhood stash of turtle toys. I know somewhere in my parents attic is probably a massive collection of turtles.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 08:33:01 PM »
I read the comics growing up... and then the TV show happened.  I had EVERYTHING. Food, toys, send-away promos, the videos, a fanny pack (ah, a bum bag for the Aussies because I know you just blushed!) 

It is so embarrassing.  I had life-sized posters of the Turtles from the movie.... which I infamously covered in lipstick kisses... HAHAHA

I saw them at MGM studios in the early 90's... somewhere there are pictures,  heaven help me. 

My friends and I would take mops, brooms, anything with a stick and just go nuts on each other.  Once we took turns tying each other to a tree and savagely beating each other to "prove our worthiness" should Splinter ever need human children fighters.  *laughing so hard*

Not much into the newer stuff though... it's all about my vintage TNMT!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 02:49:45 AM »
Yes, I was small when the old series started, but I was obsessed. I mean like having all the toys, being s turtle for five halloweens in a row and just knowing more turtle trivia then a child should know. I've never watched much of the newer tv series as they don't appeal to me the way the old ones did. I've seen all the new movies and have them, but they still aren't exactly "it". Lol always love my old turtles and man I even still have the ninja wrap song on my phone. 

I do have lots of turtle shirts and pj's ect more fitting to the 80-90's turtles. I still haven't found my childhood stash of turtle toys. I know somewhere in my parents attic is probably a massive collection of turtles.

That sounds so fun! I was Leonardo for Halloween one year and I was so totally thrilled that Dad had found (and bought!) a Turtles costume for me.

I read the comics growing up... and then the TV show happened.  I had EVERYTHING. Food, toys, send-away promos, the videos, a fanny pack (ah, a bum bag for the Aussies because I know you just blushed!) 

It is so embarrassing.  I had life-sized posters of the Turtles from the movie.... which I infamously covered in lipstick kisses... HAHAHA

I saw them at MGM studios in the early 90's... somewhere there are pictures,  heaven help me. 

My friends and I would take mops, brooms, anything with a stick and just go nuts on each other.  Once we took turns tying each other to a tree and savagely beating each other to "prove our worthiness" should Splinter ever need human children fighters.  *laughing so hard*

Not much into the newer stuff though... it's all about my vintage TNMT!

Such happy memories! That sounds about like me with Darkwing Duck. I wanted everything. And I loved play-acting the show whenever I could.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 08:58:31 AM »
I haven't kept up with much lately, but my childhood was all about ponies and TMNT! My brother and I both had pretty decent collections of the action figures, and we got an annual when we visited family in the UK. Michelangelo and Donatello are my favorites - loved the first and second movies, but wasn't as huge a fan of the third. I had been looking forward to finding out what would happen with Super Shredder. Ah well.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 09:57:39 AM »

I remember TV Guide bashing the 1987 series now and then. I always scoffed and booed at their complaints, LOL. Maybe it wasn't the most educational show out there, but it sure was fun.

That was sweet of your grandmother to give you those Turtles things! I'm surprised your parents let you have them, though.

Ha yeah. I've always been surprised they let me keep them too. I know they were chagrined Grandma gave those to me.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal