collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mummy Charm Pamphlet Help  (Read 829 times)

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Mummy Charm Pamphlet Help
« on: September 23, 2016, 12:14:37 PM »
Hello!  I completed my Mummy Charm set today! I would like to put them in a shadow box, with the pamphlet/insert.  I think I'll just print a copy off as a place holder though, as they seem pretty pricey on ebay.  My questions are:

Does anyone have a high quality scan of the Mummy Charm pamphlet/insert?

Can anyone provide the dimensions of the original pamphlet?

Thanks so much, in advance! :)

*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Mummy Charm Pamphlet Help
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:31:08 PM »
See if this scan is a high enough quality: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_LEQN5yN-3wX1M0dUc1S1AyaHc/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately, there are a few pen marks from using it as a checklist back then, but they can probably be edited out fairly easily.  The dimensions are 6 7/8 in. x 13 in. (11 in. if you leave off the form for the charm bracelet).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 05:47:12 PM »
The scan is perfect!  Thank you so much, Breyer600!  I really appreciate the information on the sizing as well.  You are awesome! :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Breyer600

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 07:45:03 PM »
Glad I could help!

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 06:15:37 AM »
This is slightly off topic but I couldn't help but notice the name is "Mummy Charms" on the top of the pamphlet and "Mommy Charms" in the text. In the UK it's all just "Mummy Charms" as we use the word "Mummy" here as normal, but I've never seen a US pamphlet before. Is that normal, the two different versions of the word?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »
The pamphlet I had as a kid said "Mommy Charms", but there might have been more than one US pamphlet.

This is a really small image from eBay, but you can see on this one there's an O instead of a U.

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 10:54:57 AM »
Hm. Interesting. Also weird...thanks for the image. Maybe a typo or someone got muddled...?

Uk one is a little different in how Mummy Charm is written under the rainbow so it isn't related to that I don't think.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Breyer600

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 04:11:10 PM »
Yep, the US got two versions for some reason.  I actually have both from childhood.  I only scanned the better of my two which just happened to be the one with Mummy in the title.  (The one I have that says Mommy has lots of highlighter and other writing.)

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 07:20:12 AM »
This has been so interesting to me...thanks for sharing, guys!  I am in the US, but when I started collecting years ago, I must have seen the "Mummy Charm" pamphlet, because that is what I have always called them.  Now I feel like I will need to hunt down either a UK version or one of the mashup versions.  Just when I start feeling comfortable in my knowledge of MLPs, I realize I don't know crap. :P

P.S.  To my UK pony friends - Do you ever get confused when using "Mum" and "Ma'am".  They sound the same, at least to my American ears, with your accents.  When I started to watch UK TV/movies, it used to confuse me...I'd be like, "Did that police officer just call his Commander, "Mom"?  :P
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 02:23:32 AM »
This has been so interesting to me...thanks for sharing, guys!  I am in the US, but when I started collecting years ago, I must have seen the "Mummy Charm" pamphlet, because that is what I have always called them.  Now I feel like I will need to hunt down either a UK version or one of the mashup versions.  Just when I start feeling comfortable in my knowledge of MLPs, I realize I don't know crap. :P

The UK one is similar to the US one but not the same. I'm in London so can't dig out anything and don't have a scan on my site, unfortunately - not of the whole thing. I checked but I haven't scanned the Mummy Charm comic advert either, which I think has the same poem as the US one. Mummy Charms is written in blue text, though, which I always assumed was an alteration from the US "Mommy Charms".

P.S.  To my UK pony friends - Do you ever get confused when using "Mum" and "Ma'am".  They sound the same, at least to my American ears, with your accents.  When I started to watch UK TV/movies, it used to confuse me...I'd be like, "Did that police officer just call his Commander, "Mom"?  :P

Hehe xD No. They're totally different xD. If I remember right "Ma'am" pronounced like that is generally reserved for talking to the Queen, which most of us don't do regularly. Ma'am in other terms is more like "mam"...rather than the longer ma-am you guys use I think?

And Mum is muh-m. Although in Wales you might get it sounding more like Mam and in the black country/west midlands/Birmingham area they do say Mom, though with a shorter o than the American version.

I guess its a subtle difference thing, but there's also context?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 11:03:40 AM »
Spoiler

The UK one is similar to the US one but not the same. I'm in London so can't dig out anything and don't have a scan on my site, unfortunately - not of the whole thing. I checked but I haven't scanned the Mummy Charm comic advert either, which I think has the same poem as the US one. Mummy Charms is written in blue text, though, which I always assumed was an alteration from the US "Mommy Charms". [/spoiler]

Hehe xD No. They're totally different xD. If I remember right "Ma'am" pronounced like that is generally reserved for talking to the Queen, which most of us don't do regularly. Ma'am in other terms is more like "mam"...rather than the longer ma-am you guys use I think?

And Mum is muh-m. Although in Wales you might get it sounding more like Mam and in the black country/west midlands/Birmingham area they do say Mom, though with a shorter o than the American version.

I guess its a subtle difference thing, but there's also context?

Agreed, there's a linguistic difference! I can see how most Americans may not get it, though...I'm just used to UK accents because of my mom and her family.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal