collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where are the pearlized brushables?  (Read 52925 times)

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
Re: Where are the pearlized brushables?
« Reply #210 on: October 29, 2016, 06:31:58 PM »
Ok thank you! Yes I thought acetone could do the job if they are printed on, but wasn't sure if the acetone wouldn't harm the pearly finish.
They just look too... technical to me.  :blush:
It gives ponies the accent of being robotic or such, and I prefer to associate them with living beings, like real ponies are.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 06:34:50 PM by Tiara546 »

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 29, 2016, 11:43:45 PM »
Today I was searching Kmart for Rainbow Dash, the last pony of wave 2 I needed, nothing new at Kmart :(...
but I found her as well as two Wave 3 ponies in Woolworths! :biggrin: So Wave 3 is officially in Australia.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They're getting ready for their spa treatment in the pic, while their hair is messy it's not frizzy.
Cherry Berry is the only one I've had with frizzy hair, I've never seen a brand new G4 so frizzy straight out of the packet!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:48:04 PM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2016, 12:15:11 AM »
I saw Wave 2 of the pearly ponies at Target today.

Ponyfan

Okay, gotta ask... what is Wave 1 and Wave 2? ^^;
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 30, 2016, 01:53:56 AM »

Ponyfan

Here you can see. :)

http://data.mlpmerch.com/search?q=pearlized+singles

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2016, 02:49:40 AM »

Staying on topic, I've only seen wave 1 so far and they've all been in supermarkets. Has anyone in the UK seen the other waves yet?

I've seen them at TRU in the UK

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #215 on: October 30, 2016, 02:57:58 AM »
I picked up wave 2 from TRU (at least, Cherry Berry and Pretzel) in the UK too. That was a London TRU. Last time I went, they had almost entirely sold out of them, so I think they're doing quite well in terms of sales. I found them at the end of an aisle, originally, rather than with the pony stuff, but now they are with the pony stuff but on one of those long things they hang blind bags on, rather than  on the shelves themselves. They are easy to miss if you aren't thorough.

I haven't seen any pearlised ponies in Smyths, and Entertainer only the preorder and collect for wave 1 (Coloratura, Starlight Glimmer). I have only seen wave 2 in TRU.

No wave three in the UK yet, but I was expecting they'd appear before Christmas, so knowing they're around in Australia means keeping an eye open in the next month or so. They are coming out very quickly here, so it would be easy to miss a wave.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #216 on: October 30, 2016, 03:56:36 AM »
Second wave spotted at Toys XL in the Netherlands here.  Never seen the first wave so perhaps we skipped that one.

only at Toys XL? Darnit... the one close to me is gone >.< Know anything about Intertoys/ Bart Smit?

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 30, 2016, 06:48:22 AM »

Ponyfan

Here you can see. :)

http://data.mlpmerch.com/search?q=pearlized+singles

I saw Preztel ,Cherry Berry and Rainbow Dash at Target. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 30, 2016, 12:16:13 PM »
Sea Swirl is beautiful.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 30, 2016, 12:56:27 PM »
I'm going to have to take a peek in the Canadian Tire stores up here to see what we're getting.  Also Superstore, they seem to get distribution of waves that other countries don't seem to get...  :) 
When I stopped in at the exact same Walmart I got Starlight Glimmer from, they still had the Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, so I don't think MLP is a hot seller at this location... 

There's always the dollar store to check, though!  They sell brushables for $3...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #220 on: October 30, 2016, 03:05:18 PM »
picked up a Pretzel at Canadian Walmart today. I originally wasn't gonna buy her but she looked so lonely! had to bring her home.  the display was a total mess again,  saw lots of pinkies and fluttershys,  a few twilights. still searching for nurse redheart!!

update: took her out of her package and her hair is all yucky and shes got this strange "oily" feel to her body???! plastisizer cant possibly be leaking out of her already, do the pearlised brushables usually feel this way? also i found her cutie mark flank is scratched up, likely from somewhere in the factory! Boo..what a waste. oh well. : (
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 03:53:46 PM by cannibalism »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 30, 2016, 04:10:55 PM »
picked up a Pretzel at Canadian Walmart today. I originally wasn't gonna buy her but she looked so lonely! had to bring her home.  the display was a total mess again,  saw lots of pinkies and fluttershys,  a few twilights. still searching for nurse redheart!!

update: took her out of her package and her hair is all yucky and shes got this strange "oily" feel to her body???! plastisizer cant possibly be leaking out of her already, do the pearlised brushables usually feel this way? also i found her cutie mark flank is scratched up, likely from somewhere in the factory! Boo..what a waste. oh well. : (

Ugh. Give her a good wash and see if that helps.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 30, 2016, 07:00:49 PM »

Yeah, I got Cherry Berry and Twilight recently and they were greasy. I think these tend to be gross, which is a shame because they look really nice  :huh:
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 30, 2016, 07:14:56 PM »

Yeah, I got Cherry Berry and Twilight recently and they were greasy. I think these tend to be gross, which is a shame because they look really nice  :huh:

Could it be whatever they use to release them from the mold? Maybe they are skipping the washing step to save on labor costs.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 30, 2016, 07:19:16 PM »
Given up looking for these for now.  I really want them but they're nowhere to be found near me. :/

Post Merge: October 31, 2016, 09:13:59 AM

Just when I'd given up, I found pearlized Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Pretzel and Cherry Berry today!  So I guess Target's starting with Wave 2 here, as well.

Has anyone in the USA found Wave 1 or Wave 3 of the pearlized brushables in physical stores?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:13:59 AM by Tropical_Sunset »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal